Tourney 8/8/3/1 Tourney stacks (2 Viewers)

T5 base 10/10/7/3 for a 2,500 stack. All 5s and 25s color up neatly into 100s. Rebuys are 5x500. Try to never use anything higher than 500 but I do have some 1k just in case. Blind structure is set up to what I’ve found is the sweet spot for a stt and always ends between 3.5 and 4 hours unless something crazy happens.
I really like this set-up! Starting at T5 gives it a nice low pot size at the beginning. I love hearing about variations and different starting stacks being used. Honestly I change my games around so often depending on what players I have. Even with these pre-built stacks, I’ll add chips. Sometimes a quickie isn’t what I want. But with covid and mostly playing with family and close friends a quickie is about all they want to do. Seeing some of these pictures in this thread and others, and multi-table tourneys makes me want to buy ALL the chips and build a home poker room. Just looking at pics of chips makes me giddy. Thanks for sharing

If you're really committed to barrel-based stack sizings, a slightly tweaked option could be to try T25 20/20/5/5 totaling 10k; it's 2.5 barrels per person instead of 1, but two of those stacks still fits cleanly into a single rack for ease of storage and/or setup, and you'd be setting up players up with 200BB instead of <100.
Not at all committed. Was just sharing a tourney I’ve been running lately at home. Multi-barrel, pre-made tourney stacks is such a great idea! There are multiple ways to add on chips to a base stack to get to 100 or more pretty easily using a small numbers of extra chips. Fulfilling an arbitrary constraint such as even barrels for storage, is the kind of thing that makes me happy. If I can’t sleep at night sometimes I will choose random racks of chips and create stacks from them keeping track of all the extras and figuring out what it would all look like. For cash or tourneys. Sometimes even consider chip designs and spots. I think I may be obsessed lately with chips… anyway that usually does the trick

I really like this set-up! Starting at T5 gives it a nice low pot size at the beginning. I love hearing about variations and different starting stacks being used. Honestly I change my games around so often depending on what players I have. Even with these pre-built stacks, I’ll add chips. Sometimes a quickie isn’t what I want. But with covid and mostly playing with family and close friends a quickie is about all they want to do. Seeing some of these pictures in this thread and others, and multi-table tourneys makes me want to buy ALL the chips and build a home poker room. Just looking at pics of chips makes me giddy. Thanks for sharing
Yeah it works great for us, been playing this way for about 20 years. Once a year we’ll have a double buy in double stack tournament where we get rid of the T5 chips and go 12/12/7. Now it might seem like that makes the double stack effectively useless because we’re starting with higher blinds but it doesn’t. We double our usual time in each level and the 10/20 and 15/30 levels we usually play are replaced by a double round of 25/25 (one example of a reason to have the big blind and small blind the same to start a tournament). 20/40 and 25/50 are replaced by a double round of 25/50. 30/60 and 40/80 replaced by a double round of 50/75. And finally 50/100 and 60/120 replaced by a double round of 50/100. Then we go to 75/150 and proceed as we normally would at that stage.
78D459F0-FDD6-49A7-A422-9EF4BF88C467.jpeg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom