43mm Project Discussion (2 Viewers)

L
I went crazy on the 8v and now I’m super tempted to get a tourney set from Apache.

Here's a pointless shot in the dark...

What's the deal with CPS image rights these days? I'm assuming still owned by @ttttubby. Any chance we could get image use for oversized high denom chips? The ceramics add-on project never happened as far as I know and it would be nice to get some oversized chips going for them even if they don't match the WSOP edgespots.

I am just trying to justify buying some of these in any way I can.
I'm open to offering a CPS version of these chips either individually or direct from China as part of a group buy if Apache is open to it.

Here are some answers to questions so far:
  1. The label size will be 1 1/16" Same as Paulson Grand size.
  2. The edges will be sharper than Majestic chips. I will request the Mold makers refer to the Desert Palms chips and ask them to make the mold with similar edges. The Desert Palms chips have the sharpest edges of all the China Clay chips.
  3. Labels - We sold labels for the Majestics and it was a lot of work. China sent us labels with all the different denominations on one sheet. Whenever we got an order we had to cut all denominations out of the sheets. It took forever. If they will make us labels and separate them I will sell them. If not I could possibly still order but the price will be a bit higher because of all the labor.
  4. $.25 and $1 chips. This is supposed to be a high denomination oversize set so I am not ordering those now. If there is enough demand it might happen in the future. If I do order labels I can have those denominations available.

Mark your calendars the presale will start on 1/31.
Prices will be $.39 for labeled chips and $.38 for blanks.
The price will increase to $.44 and $.43 on 2/3.
The price will go up to full retail price when the chips arrive to Las Vegas.
The chips will not be in stock till June.
Sample sets, Dealer Button and $500,000 & $1,000,000 plaques will be available for purchase.

View attachment 238420
why 43mm not 39mm, and will you offer chip cases?

Prices are going up to $.49 per chip on Friday. Production should be complete by the end of June. Hoping to ship mid July. Because of the popularity I had to increase the order by 50% so it might add a couple weeks to production.

Prices are going up to $.49 per chip on Friday. Production should be complete by the end of June. Hoping to ship mid July. Because of the popularity I had to increase the order by 50% so it might add a couple weeks to production.
That's a good problem to have.

Hey guys,

Super new to chip shopping but these seems like a great deal. I was originally looking at milanos but these seem nicer for a bit more. Anyone able to offer any insight for someone still learning?

Hey guys,

Super new to chip shopping but these seems like a great deal. I was originally looking at milanos but these seem nicer for a bit more. Anyone able to offer any insight for someone still learning?

99.9% of the time you should follow the 1st rule of chip shopping ........ GET SAMPLES!

This may be the .1% to not do that. This seems like a great mid-entry level chip set that a lot of us that own a large variety of other styles and types of chips are going after. Possibly if it doesn't hurt your wallet you could wait and get samples end of July and compare to other options. You will have to make your own decision on that.

In my personal situation this fits my desire of a "high rollers" tourney set. I enjoy 43mm chips and am ok with China clays.

Good luck

I can't take it anymore. Less than a week on this forum and I'm already caving and buying this set before the price goes up.

For those who are buying blanks, how does putting your own inlays on work? Are they precut and you just peel and stick? How well does it come out?

Are we sure that we'll be able to get the stickers from Apache? I know it's sold out right now, so do we just wait until the chips ship and see when they come back in stock?

For those who are buying blanks, how does putting your own inlays on work? Are they precut and you just peel and stick? How well does it come out?
I've used @Gear labels (a vendor on the site) for multiple projects, including a number of China clay ordeals. I will be using him again with these 43mm chips.

Gear can give you full details. He is very easy to work with, but he does get backlogged occasionally. Basically speaking, you give him the design and he prints the order on sheets that are precut, so all you have to do is peel and stick. It doesn't take long, but it does take time. I like to sit and watch tv or something while I'm doing applying labels, or just breaking up the project - a few labels today, a few tomorrow - to avoid the monotony.

I can't take it anymore. Less than a week on this forum and I'm already caving and buying this set before the price goes up.

Are we sure that we'll be able to get the stickers from Apache? I know it's sold out right now, so do we just wait until the chips ship and see when they come back in stock?
I believe @Apache is working with @ABC Gifts and Awards to stock the inlays. They're peel and stick. I would send Apache an email (see website for contact info) to get a clarified answered but I'm 99% sure that just because it's sold out on the site it doesn't mean it's actually sold out in this particular instance (Apache in stock numbers are generally correct but given this is a new product I think there's a bit of leeway).

Last edited:
I believe @Apache is working with @ABC Gifts and Awards to stock the inlays. They're peel and stick. I would send Apache an email (see website for contact info) to get a clarified answered but I'm 99% sure that just because it's sold out on the site it doesn't mean it's actually sold out in this particular instance (Apache in stock numbers are generally correct but given this is a new product I think there's a bit of leeway).

OK, I think I'll send them an email. I'm also not sure how many labels you get per sheet. At $0.07, does that cover 1 chip, 10 chips, 25 chips? But it seems like people don't seem to have an issue sticking on their own labels.

OK, I think I'll send them an email. I'm also not sure how many labels you get per sheet. At $0.07, does that cover 1 chip, 10 chips, 25 chips? But it seems like people don't seem to have an issue sticking on their own labels.
7¢ is for one sticker, or half a chip. And applying stickers is easy, once you get the hang of it. I do it while watching a game or show on TV.

It's $0.07 per label or $0.14/chip (2 sides = 2 labels).

My understanding is Apache layed out the following (see him for final clarification):
- "used to" get sheets from china with all denoms which then needed to be cut and sorted by Apache
- "old way" allows for specific denomination orders but was also very time consuming and I'm assuming would lead to a higher risk of possible shortages
- per the label order page @ABC Gifts and Awards will sell the other non-stock denominations. based on his other labels I believe you'd be able to order a specific quantity (as opposed to X number of sheets).

Not sure if how Apache is still receiving the labels has changed which could obviously alter availability.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with the original chips for the most part and anticipate having to label 2-3 racks of blanks. The blue rainbow and pink chips threw everything off and I had to include them in my set.
287902-a8b5ede90f7e82b3e1ea5f2c59ca68ea_jpg.png
287899-0032bbfd19a8e0bbee2292384308cdf2_jpg.png

I'm relabeling the rainbow chip as $20 and the pinks as 25cents. If they weren't so nice I would have left them out altogether.

I'm sticking with the original chips for the most part and anticipate having to label 2-3 racks of blanks. The blue rainbow and pink chips threw everything off and I had to include them in my set.
View attachment 293184View attachment 293185
I'm relabeling the rainbow chip as $20 and the pinks as 25cents. If they weren't so nice I would have left them out altogether.

Exactly!!! You can't leave those out of a set. So I think I'm going to do the same thing; get a bunch of original labelled chips, and supplement with some racks of blanks which include the blue rainbow and pink.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom