43 MM Parks and Rec ABC chips Group Buy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I think I changed my mind, and would probably use these for cash instead. I personally prefer yellow to be the color for 1k tournament chips.

I'd say my cash buy-ins would range from $50 - $200, playing 1-1. Would anyone be able to recommend a good breakdown of chip denoms to handle a 9-player game? Would I need to get $25s at all?

@WedgeRock posted a great break down.

How many rebuys do you usually have?

This looks amazing, I am new to the scene though. Are these ceramic chips? Also is there a list of exactly the art for which denominations? I have been looking at the pr0n thread and there are lots of photos of stacks and piles but doesn't seem to be one with each chip laid out clearly. I'd be interested in an MTT tourney set!

I suggest that you go to the ABC webiste and order a sample of the ceramic chips. Specifically the 43 MM since that is what this group buy is going to be. That is the only way to be sure that you will like these chips.

I updated the op. It doesn't have to be in 25 chip increments. I would still like to keep it either in 20 or 25 chip increments to help make the reshipping a little easier.

For dealer buttons, minimum of 10 per design for edge printing. Plaques, minimum of 12 per design for edge printing.

Thanks @WedgeRock and @detroitdad !

I've never run a cash game before. I am basically 100% certain my players won't be rebuying three times, so enough to cover two rebuys per player will probably be plenty. It's interesting, I would have thought you would need two barrels of $1 each player to avoid having to make change every hand.

Would love samples, but as usual to get anything shipped from the US to Australia it would take 7 months and cost $1932. I'm going to take some faith that these are quality and fun to play with and handle, plus I'm a huge Parks & Rec fan. The only ? is the 43mm, which I think will be fine but have to find a way to try some.

have thought you would need two barrels of $1 each player to avoid having to make change every hand.

Fives should be the work horse.

I run a 100 max buy in cash game.

.25 x 100
200 x 1
300 x 5
60 x 25

Starting stacks

12 x 25
17 x 1
16 x 5

@detroitdad are the lil sebastian bounty chips available? I'm willing to buy the 25 minimum of them.

$1.09 + $0.02 per chips?

@detroitdad are the lil sebastian bounty chips available? I'm willing to buy the 25 minimum of them.

$1.09 + $0.02 per chips?

Everything is available. Right now the price point is .94 cents. Quite possible .88 per chip when it's all said and done.

I've never run a cash game before. I am basically 100% certain my players won't be rebuying three times, so enough to cover two rebuys per player will probably be plenty.

Um... "two rebuys per player" is the same as "three buyins per player," which is where my numbers came from. If you meant "two buyins per player," then:

$1 x 200
$5 x 300
$25 x 100

That's $4200 in bank, enough for 21 buyins. I always plan on three buyins (a buyin + 2 rebuys) per player. Not all players will be in for that much, but on occasion, you may have one person in for three or four or five buyins. I like to plan for such contingencies. Plus,

to get anything shipped from the US to Australia it would take 7 months and cost $1932.

if that was a consideration for me, I'd rather get everything I need up front instead of trying to add on more later.

It's interesting, I would have thought you would need two barrels of $1 each player to avoid having to make change every hand.
As @detroitdad said, your $5 is your workhorse chip. You shouldn't use more than four $1 chips on any bet. You might have to occasionally make change out of the pot when the betting is complete, but with 180 $1 chip on the table, you have plenty.

Um... "two rebuys per player" is the same as "three buyins per player," which is where my numbers came from. If you meant "two buyins per player," then:

Sorry, two buyins per player was indeed what I meant! I actually hate playing more than 8-handed, so if I pump up the jam a little to account for three buyins, I'd have 24 total. That seems reasonable, given I often won't even be playing as high as 8-handed.

I actually hate playing more than 8-handed ... That seems reasonable, given I often won't even be playing as high as 8-handed.

:banghead:

Then why do you ask for a breakdown for a 9-player game if you're rarely playing 8-handed?

Would anyone be able to recommend a good breakdown of chip denoms to handle a 9-player game? Would I need to get $25s at all?

20191003_155418.jpg

If this GB goes forward I’d like...

x100 .25¢
x200 $1
x220 $5
x40 $25
x20 $100
x20 $500

x240 T25
x300 T100
x180 T500
x220 T1000 (prefer yellow design if possible)
x120 T5K (prefer red if possible)
x40 Pink Sweetums

x30 You Got Jammed
x30 Treat Yo’Self

x20 Seating Chips (x2 Ten Handed Tables)

x20 Lil’ Sebastian

x4 E720 Buttons

if there is any way to do custom denominations, I would prefer yellow T1000s and red T5Ks, but if not that’s OK, not a dealbreaker, but I know Gene has been accommodating with denominations in the past.

Then why do you ask for a breakdown for a 9-player game if you're rarely playing 8-handed?

Mostly because I'm new to running games and don't know exactly what will happen when I do. I prefer playing 8-handed, but if an extra player desperately wants in, I am equipped for it.

I'm also with @Chris Manzoni , would definitely prefer yellow T1000s, which I why I was probably interested in a cash set instead. Totally understand if you need to stick with red T1000s, I don't know how complex or flexible the customization and art process is.

if there is any way to do custom denominations, I would prefer yellow T1000s and red T5Ks, but if not that’s OK, not a dealbreaker, but I know Gene has been accommodating with denominations in the past.

I would prefer not too. Reshipping group buys is already challenging. Once we start mixing different colored denominations it will increase the room for error on my side lol. Trust me!

I will consider it though. It'll be dependent on how many participants we have.

Mostly because I'm new to running games and don't know exactly what will happen when I do. I prefer playing 8-handed, but if an extra player desperately wants in, I am equipped for it.

You should plan for 9 players, with 3 rebuys. We've built sets for a long time. We have learned through trial and error. Due to your location, its important to get this right the first time. If you "over" order a couple of hundred chips. Its better than having to place an add on order at higher chip prices, and pay for shipping a second time.

We'll have to have a minimum of 10 to be ordered. If we get close I'll order a couple of extra for giveaways or something.

I will probably look at placing an order about the middle of NOV.
I can buy a couple extra if it will get us over the hump as well

Now I'm contemplating a two table set. If I use the 39 mm Duke Silver ones then it wouldn't be too bad.

hmmmmm

Wow, you got the artwork sampled! Looks amazing. Will you be doing the yellow T1000 just for interested buyers, or changing the entire set to be that?

With regards tot he chips themselves, I know you are not doing samples. However, who will actually be making these? I have a sample set of Lucky Dragon ceramic chips from maybe 10 years ago, would these be the same material, weight etc or have things changed lately?

Wow, you got the artwork sampled! Looks amazing. Will you be doing the yellow T1000 just for interested buyers, or changing the entire set to be that?

With regards tot he chips themselves, I know you are not doing samples. However, who will actually be making these? I have a sample set of Lucky Dragon ceramic chips from maybe 10 years ago, would these be the same material, weight etc or have things changed lately?

@ABC Gifts and Awards will be doing this set. I'm only allowing the change for this group buy. Two of you were interested in it.

Got a barrel of the ones in the mail the other day and I have to say they were much nicer than I expected. Clear printing and great feel to the face of the chips.

Look great, feel great. Thinking about a 43mm tourney set.

One question - are the cones of Dunshire chips possible? I only saw one in all of the pictures.

Got a barrel of the ones in the mail the other day and I have to say they were much nicer than I expected. Clear printing and great feel to the face of the chips.

Look great, feel great. Thinking about a 43mm tourney set.

One question - are the cones of Dunshire chips possible? I only saw one in all of the pictures.

@namsupak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom