4 way stretch vinyl (2 Viewers)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm getting ready to make another table soon (when the snow melts here in Montana. Could be July).
I have used whisper vinyl in the past. But I have not made a table in many years. Can anyone compare whisper to stretch vinyl?
The vinyl seems like it could be easier to get a 'wrinkleless' fit.
I am planning placing cupholders in the rail. Would this be a problem with stretch?
Thanks in advance.
Charlie

Hello all,
I'm getting ready to make another table soon (when the snow melts here in Montana. Could be July).
I have used whisper vinyl in the past. But I have not made a table in many years. Can anyone compare whisper to stretch vinyl?
The vinyl seems like it could be easier to get a 'wrinkleless' fit.
I am planning placing cupholders in the rail. Would this be a problem with stretch?
Thanks in advance.
Charlie
Whisper vinyl is one of the easiest to install. A heat gun is your friend to help with stretching around the curves.

Any hardware store should have one. Harbor Freight has an inexpensive one as well

Any hardware store should have one. Harbor Freight has an inexpensive one as well
Thanks Buge. I've built ~8 tables and never used this trick. I would pull the vinyl with all my strength and my Dad would staple..... this sounds much better.

Whisper vinyl is one of the easiest to install. A heat gun is your friend to help with stretching around the curves.
hanks Double Eagle.... I HATE wrinkles in the bumper. sets off my OCD
sad leonardo dicaprio GIF

I’m about to start my first build. I’m using whisper vinyl for the rail. In your experience, do I need to try and smooth out some of the wrinkles / creases before I start? Or will these come out when I’m stretching it on the install?
F9420D55-EA2E-4348-A024-9F023C4304D3.jpeg

I’m about to start my first build. I’m using whisper vinyl for the rail. In your experience, do I need to try and smooth out some of the wrinkles / creases before I start? Or will these come out when I’m stretching it on the install?View attachment 1122658
Not needed. They will come out when you stretch.

When I buy Whisper vinyl it normally comes rolled.

Another option is to by Whisper vinyl at a Joann fabric store. They usually have it in stock, at least they do here. They often have good discount coupons available.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom