4 Color Decks - Yay or Nay? (3 Viewers)

I think the first color deck I was exposed to were Desjgn and as mentioned earlier in this thread, the colors were too light. We've tossed in the Faded Spade 4 color deck and I dont mind those at all. I do prefer traditional red/black decks but will roll with the Faded Spade 4 color too.

Adding a fifth suit -- stars or circles -- to existing decks would render solvers useless and somewhat negate the edge held by professionals. Just sayin'.
Actually I want to try 5 suit poker, it just seems hard to teach and make work

They’re great if your players like Uno.
What's wrong with Uno?!?

I think someone needs a
wild-draw4card-uno.gif

My players like the 4 color Desjgn. They are pretty, and they make flushes unmistakeable, which I consider a good thing.

The colorblindness thing as discussed earlier seems a real concern. None of my players (so far) are colorblind, but apparently something like 8% of men have some significant difficulty distinguishing red from green.

In 2 color decks, clubs are the same color as spades, and hearts are the same color as diamonds. This is not a big deal because everyone is used to it. But in 4 color decks, clubs are typically green and hearts are red, so for a red-green colorblind person, hearts are now the same color as clubs. This is weird.

I'd like to see someone try yellow instead of green for clubs.

My players like the 4 color Desjgn. They are pretty, and they make flushes unmistakeable, which I consider a good thing.

The colorblindness thing as discussed earlier seems a real concern. None of my players (so far) are colorblind, but apparently something like 8% of men have some significant difficulty distinguishing red from green.

In 2 color decks, clubs are the same color as spades, and hearts are the same color as diamonds. This is not a big deal because everyone is used to it. But in 4 color decks, clubs are typically green and hearts are red, so for a red-green colorblind person, hearts are now the same color as clubs. This is weird.

I'd like to see someone try yellow instead of green for clubs.
I am moderate to strong red green colour blind and have no trouble picking clubs from hearts. For me the reds apparently shift to dark grayish with a hint of red while the green appears as a lighter hue so they are discernable. I find the hearts and spades are much more similar of the four. Likely this will vary from person to person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom