Wanted 4 Bourbon Deep Wanted Add (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Everything is obviously price dependent. Here is what I am looking for

1 rack of NCV green Tiger bear claws
1 rack of NCV aqua Tiger bear claws
1 rack of NCV yellow Tiger bear claws

or

a playable one table cash set of Mardi Gras V2 Mardi Gras.

100 x .25 (optional)
200 x 1
200 x 5
40-100 x 25

The Mardi Gras chips have to avoid the shitty fucking quality control that plagued BCC. If you know, you know.

When I sober up tomorrow, this want add may change.

Thanks for looking.

B

I loved the last Mardi Gras V2 set that I had. The QC was horrible. Inlays were screwed up. Colors were off. Even the diameter of the chips varied. I couldn't believe that shit.

If you offer me a set that isn't fucked up, I will probably buy it.

I will check and see what I have in my paypal account.

BTW, PM or post. I don't care. Whatever floats your boat.

a playable one table cash set of Mardi Gras V2 Mardi Gras.

100 x .25 (optional)
200 x 1
200 x 5
40-100 x 25
I just over the last quarter pinged most everyone with one of these just seeing if anyone was potentially moving em.

You know they aren't going to just pop up in the classifieds.

Unless you want to pay $3.40 a chip for an unusable breakdown that is just a flip over doubling the previous price https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-mardi-gras-cash-set.109073/

I don't want to thread crap that thread or poop on the guy. Was trying to figure out the actual price for Mardi Gras since every Classified is just an OBO private auction now. Thought it would be nice to work through it publicly.

So historically Mardi Gras moved at $1 to $2 per chip. Never less never really more, specifically because they never come up for public sale, there's a list of people waiting to buy them, and it's generally a more niche chip (oversized inlays on tmold) so it falls into a stasis of sorts - think other BCCs like InPlays. One of those few types of chips that generally trade hands privately at standard pricing.

The most recent and one of the only public sales was here https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mardi-gras-bcc-v2-cash-set.64601, where Teggy actually picked these up. $1.72 a chip, large set, not super great breakdown. Items like limit sets with BCC/MG chips sold at $1 a chip.

So 2 years later, what are these worth? Ignoring these "mint" chips that got play, seller's number is a made up cash grab, shown by the listing of $3,700+ https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-mardi-gras-v2-1000-chip-cash-set.102146/. It's effectively a private auction with best offer taking them.

Mel's recent sale props up the sales price, but only because every set desperately needs $5s to make it playable. That pricepoint is the exception not the norm, and only for $5s for as long as there are buyers with incomplete sets.

A pristine set with no BCC issues with a perfect playable breakdown I can see fetching $3k, $3 a chip. Outside of the $5s, this set is unplayable for most anyone except someone who plays a very small .25/.25 game.

I'd say absolute max of $2 per chip for all but $5s, since there are plenty of sets with extras of all those denoms that you can go buy.

My offer would be for $2k for the set, with the plans to just have an awkward breakdown and go mostly from $1 to $10s.

Sad that chips like these, which really don't need to be "collectors' stuff, are bought and held simply for value. Vineyards or Lakeshore or whatever sure, weird to see it with MGs though.

I don't want to thread crap that thread or poop on the guy. Was trying to figure out the actual price for Mardi Gras since every Classified is just an OBO private auction now. Thought it would be nice to work through it publicly.

So historically Mardi Gras moved at $1 to $2 per chip. Never less never really more, specifically because they never come up for public sale, there's a list of people waiting to buy them, and it's generally a more niche chip (oversized inlays on tmold) so it falls into a stasis of sorts - think other BCCs like InPlays. One of those few types of chips that generally trade hands privately at standard pricing.

The most recent and one of the only public sales was here https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mardi-gras-bcc-v2-cash-set.64601, where Teggy actually picked these up. $1.72 a chip, large set, not super great breakdown. Items like limit sets with BCC/MG chips sold at $1 a chip.

So 2 years later, what are these worth? Ignoring these "mint" chips that got play, seller's number is a made up cash grab, shown by the listing of $3,700+ https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/bcc-mardi-gras-v2-1000-chip-cash-set.102146/. It's effectively a private auction with best offer taking them.

Mel's recent sale props up the sales price, but only because every set desperately needs $5s to make it playable. That pricepoint is the exception not the norm, and only for $5s for as long as there are buyers with incomplete sets.

A pristine set with no BCC issues with a perfect playable breakdown I can see fetching $3k, $3 a chip. Outside of the $5s, this set is unplayable for most anyone except someone who plays a very small .25/.25 game.

I'd say absolute max of $2 per chip for all but $5s, since there are plenty of sets with extras of all those denoms that you can go buy.

My offer would be for $2k for the set, with the plans to just have an awkward breakdown and go mostly from $1 to $10s.

Sad that chips like these, which really don't need to be "collectors' stuff, are bought and held simply for value. Vineyards or Lakeshore or whatever sure, weird to see it with MGs though.
Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

It's not negative dagnabbit! There was a text conversation and I PMed sellers.

I'm just trying to put my 2cents out there publicly since it's such a private topic to talk about value. I may be off a lot! Heck Mel's sale might put the listing back up to $3k+!

But no reason to not try and figure out the price for something that's only been listed once or twice in 3 years.

Nah, Jeff has good points. Perhaps not the place to discuss it, but why are market dynamics such a taboo topic around here? The "IYKYK" secret handshake bullshit is bullshit.

Good luck on your search @detroitdad before I say more and get infracted the week before a meetup where I'll want to share the experience.

Nah, Jeff has good points. Perhaps not the place to discuss it, but why are market dynamics such a taboo topic around here? The "IYKYK" secret handshake bullshit is bullshit.

Good luck on your search @detroitdad before I say more and get infracted the week before a meetup where I'll want to share the experience.

I am fine with Jeff posting his thoughts here

Yeah it's truly not meant to be negative. I probably could have done without the last line, but actually in looking at it there might be some positive.

It might actually make sense for Teggy to sell his lot without the $5s at a $2, $2+ per chip range. Then just sell the rack of $5s separately for top dollar around $500 for the rack. He still makes a nice chunk of money on the exchange, someone current owner gets to help finish their set with $5s, and a new set owner has either a micro stakes or frac/$1/$10 breakdown set.

I am fine with Jeff posting his thoughts here
Yeah Idk where else to post lol. I'm only posting because I literally messaged MG owners like a month ago asking about their sets and had discussed general pricing. None of us have anything to reference since these are almost exclusively sold privately.

To be clear, if I had funds, I wouldn't have an issue with the current pricing. Maybe I'd offer slightly lower than currently listed, but I'd take it down because I dig the MGs.

The Mardi Gras seem to have a big following with everyone complimenting it. Way more than the usual $2/chip. Set looks awesome. I would assume it’s worth way more than $2/chip on a public listing.

It's not negative dagnabbit! There was a text conversation and I PMed sellers.

I'm just trying to put my 2cents out there publicly since it's such a private topic to talk about value. I may be off a lot! Heck Mel's sale might put the listing back up to $3k+!

But no reason to not try and figure out the price for something that's only been listed once or twice in 3 years.

I'm mostly just messing around. Hoping @BarrieJ3 doesn't violate TOS and get another banhammer.

When I owned my set, I paid $1.29 per chip. The QC was shitty. It tilted me
That's the thing with BCC. For the sets that were knocked out of the park (Riverboat Web Mold, GCOP, Lady Lucks, Capital Room, etc), I'm falling over myself to buy at $3 per chip if they're available at that price.

For the ones with oblong inlays and crappy QC, I'd pay a dollar. Tops.

FWIW, I think the quality of the Mardi Gras chips are pretty good….except for the $1s, which suck if you can’t get past the split spots (which I can’t). I guess I haven’t noticed other problems with them.

When I owned my set, I paid $1.29 per chip. The QC was shitty. It tilted me
That's the thing with BCC. For the sets that were knocked out of the park (Riverboat Web Mold, GCOP, Lady Lucks, Capital Room, etc), I'm falling over myself to buy at $3 per chip if they're available at that price.

For the ones with oblong inlays and crappy QC, I'd pay a dollar. Tops.
FWIW, I think the quality of the Mardi Gras chips are pretty good….except for the $1s, which suck if you can’t get past the split spots (which I can’t). I guess I haven’t noticed other problems with them.
Diff strokes. First set I played with had split spots everywhere, so I just assumed that’s how they were.

And now I just think of them like BCC love spots, I kind of like them but specific to the Mardi Gras only.

@detroitdad @JMC9389,

Was it more than the MG $1s that had crappy QC? I really am not seeing a problem with the other denoms (I just have $5+ in front of me though).

I mean, if you want a cash set, problematic $1s would kill a set, sure.

But I haven’t seen problems with tourney-level denoms. Have you??

@detroitdad @JMC9389,

Was it more than the MG $1s that had crappy QC? I really am not seeing a problem with the other denoms (I just have $5+ in front of me though).

I mean, if you want a cash set, problematic $1s would kill a set, sure.

But I haven’t seen problems with tourney-level denoms. Have you??
Protege's, despite loving them myself, have had several runs rife with QC issues. Misshapen inlays, color inconsistencies with base colors, etc. V1 Mardi Gras also seem to suffer from QC issues especially with the inlays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom