3D3P rack spacers / vendor no longer onsite? (2 Viewers)

I got the STL files for rack spacers and racks/lids, when I get back from this work trip I'll start some test prints and see if I can't help some peeps out. If anybody has other STL files from him I'd love to test those as well (particularly the racker stacker).
Are you able to share the STL files for the rack spacers and the inserts?

It's no surprise he fell off the map. He wasn't set up well as a business. Too much customization available, too many filament colors to swap, products that print too slowly, and models that don't orient well on the bed, leading to too much post print cleanup. There just isn't enough money in it without a full farm set up and building models that don't require a lot of post processing.

Yeah I believe Ben was a victim of his own success, especially for a 1 man shop. He got overwhelmed with orders and decided to shut it down rather than offer subpar fulfillment times (like said above 3D printing is slow). Great guy, i understand why he quit & his stuff is quality. I couldn't live without his RackStackers and Flattening racks.

I guess I dodged a bullet there that saved me a lot of headaches when I decided against "professionally" offering my own 3D printed stuff on here a few years back.

---

For what it's worth, I've been practising the greatest form of flattery for a few select models of him - I built clones for my personal usage. I've got a working mixed game dice with swappable sides (albeit its parts likely aren't interchangeable with his), and I have a racker stacker for 39mms (also for 43mms but never printed it), not looking quite as nice, but it does the job.

I have never talked much about it or shared the files with anyone because I didn't want to cannibalize his business. But now that he's apparently given it up, maybe he'd be fine with it?

It however still would leave a bunch of issues, like the need for a local guy with a proper 3D printer, and in the case of the dice, some rudimentary modeling skills so you can emboss your own text into the swappable side pieces. And after all, if he was fine with me sharing my clones, then he probably could as well just share his originals, so I dunno.

DSC_0766-1.jpg

I have the STL files for the regular Paulson rack spacers, not the ones for Matsui/Apache racks.
Oh OK, yeah I guess I should have specified. I'm looking for spacers and inserts STL files for the Matsui and Apache racks (I believe they are different)

I guess I dodged a bullet there that saved me a lot of headaches when I decided against "professionally" offering my own 3D printed stuff on here a few years back.

---

For what it's worth, I've been practising the greatest form of flattery for a few select models of him - I built clones for my personal usage. I've got a working mixed game dice with swappable sides (albeit its parts likely aren't interchangeable with his), and I have a racker stacker for 39mms (also for 43mms but never printed it), not looking quite as nice, but it does the job.

I have never talked much about it or shared the files with anyone because I didn't want to cannibalize his business. But now that he's apparently given it up, maybe he'd be fine with it?

It however still would leave a bunch of issues, like the need for a local guy with a proper 3D printer, and in the case of the dice, some rudimentary modeling skills so you can emboss your own text into the swappable side pieces. And after all, if he was fine with me sharing my clones, then he probably could as well just share his originals, so I dunno.

View attachment 1126002
You can send the STL files to an online 3D printing service. No need to own a 3D printer or know a local guy with one.

You can send the STL files to an online 3D printing service. No need to own a 3D printer or know a local guy with one.
Not as easy as it sounds. I know these services exist, but some models really heavily depend on a very carefully fine-tuned printing process. Example: my poker chip tubes, and also the core of OED's dice. I would absolutely not trust a printing service who I merely throw the STL file at to successfully produce a working piece for these models.

You could trust these services to make racker stackers, though. These aren't complicated to print.

I have some racker stackers I’d trade for those 10/20 and larger chip holders.

Bummer he isn’t paying people back or fulfilling orders.

No one has his cell?

For anyone that did get stiffed with flattening racks or spacers, I maybe able to help out. Not really a 3d printing wizard or design guru, but I enjoy tinkering with it. With my recently found unemployment I would be happy to throw some projects on the list when I'm back in town later this month.

My estimated capacity is approx. 4 flattening racks or 6-8 rack spacers per day. So quite low.

Not looking to make a side hustle out of this currently, just happy to help out. Would ask for shipping costs and maybe a few bucks to cover my expendables.

Attachments

• PXL_20230507_040424167.jpg
    PXL_20230507_040424167.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 96
  • PXL_20230507_214959072.jpg
    PXL_20230507_214959072.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 93
For anyone that did get stiffed with flattening racks or spacers, I maybe able to help out. Not really a 3d printing wizard or design guru, but I enjoy tinkering with it. With my recently found unemployment I would be happy to throw some projects on the list when I'm back in town later this month.

My estimated capacity is approx. 4 flattening racks or 6-8 rack spacers per day. So quite low.

Not looking to make a side hustle out of this currently, just happy to help out. Would ask for shipping costs and maybe a few bucks to cover my expendables.
You rule.

I need a flattening rack asap.

39mm/43mm

I haven't had time to read this thread yet, sorry, but all orders will be fulfilled, I promise!

I've got a ton of stuff printed that I haven't had time to ship yet, sorry. My parents are visiting this week and staying with us (today is my mom's bday), and once they are gone I can get back to shipping.

I took the items off my site while I get caught up on the backlog because I was so far behind. Sorry for not communicating that better. Not trying to disappear.

I hope to dig out and try to get everything completed in the next few weeks.

Thanks, and sorry for ghosting everyone.
Ben

I haven't had time to read this thread yet, sorry, but all orders will be fulfilled, I promise!

I've got a ton of stuff printed that I haven't had time to ship yet, sorry. My parents are visiting this week and staying with us (today is my mom's bday), and once they are gone I can get back to shipping.

I took the items off my site while I get caught up on the backlog because I was so far behind. Sorry for not communicating that better. Not trying to disappear.

Ben
Booyah fantastic news. Glad your okay.

Could you share the 3d printing for the chip stack racks!?!

Ben

Glad everything is okay and appreciate the contact. I still need to clear up a shipping address snafu with you once you get caught up and to my order. I sent you messages both at your site and here on PCF. So hopefully you get a chance to read those and get the correct shipping address.

Again, glad to hear that everything is okay and you are well. I will go back to waiting.. more patiently this time. :)

Ben
Awesome, thank you for the communication!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom