36mm Feedback Poll from Current/Previous Owners (1 Viewer)

For those who own, have owned, or have played a game with 36mm chips, do you recommend buying them?

• Yes (Still own)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes (Previously owned)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Yes (Have played a game with)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No (Still own)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No (Previosuly owned)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • No (Have played a game with)

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

grantc54

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on the fence on buying 36 mm chips from an upcoming sale.

I would like feedback from people who have owned 36 mm chips and played with them.

Would you buy them again if you had the choice?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Grant

I only have a couple of sample sets and I do like the feel of them. I already have a 39mm solids set in the making, otherwise I would probably buy a set. The price is great as well.

Updated the poll to split between those who still own and previously own.

I have a few barrels of samples. Based on those they do feel too small. I want to know if this is still the case after playing with them for an hour.

Also feel free to PM me your opinion if you dont want to openly post negative feedback.

Looking for honest feedback to help me decide.

Added one more group - those who have played a full game with.

I think all three of these opinions are useful to help decide.

Thanks!

I like Gear’s opinion on variety, but when I started accumulating too many chips they were the first to go. I decided I just don’t like them anywhere near spotted chips. So for me it wasn’t as much as the size, but the no edge marks bothered me a bit. I’ve spent all this money and it wasn’t as beautiful as I wanted them to be.

At first they will feel small in your hand after using/shuffling 39mm chips but probably after 30 min you get used to it.

I had a set (non-WSOP Cleveland) and I liked them a lot. My players used to like them.
They - most are not chip geeks - have remarked that they were smaller than usual 39 chips but still liked them.

Did you decide to purchase a set @grantc54? @FordPickup92 and I were mostly successful! Lol hopefully a few people bought more than they needed or change their mind and don't like them, so we can finish our baby set. Definitely not planning on these being our regular chips but nice to change it up here and there, give the players some variety! Fellow Chipper Ben

Did you decide to purchase a set @grantc54? @FordPickup92 and I were mostly successful! Lol hopefully a few people bought more than they needed or change their mind and don't like them, so we can finish our baby set. Definitely not planning on these being our regular chips but nice to change it up here and there, give the players some variety! Fellow Chipper Ben

At the end of the day I couldn't get me head around the 36mm size. There was a lot of positive feedback, but the fact that many didnt keep their sets says a lot to me.

I also have a lot of sets with oversized chips which my players like. I dont think I could handle all the comments from the peanut gallery about the size of the chips every time I pull them out.

I did pick up a bunch of buyin chips as I like to use them in my games as rebuy chips. The small number of $500 buyin chips has me rethinking relabelling those though.

For me the reason I have not kept it is because I've decided to let go everything which is not custom (except a cash set with The Post chips).

At the end of the day I couldn't get me head around the 36mm size. There was a lot of positive feedback, but the fact that many didnt keep their sets says a lot to me.

I also have a lot of sets with oversized chips which my players like. I dont think I could handle all the comments from the peanut gallery about the size of the chips every time I pull them out.

I did pick up a bunch of buyin chips as I like to use them in my games as rebuy chips. The small number of $500 buyin chips has me rethinking relabelling those though.
I absolutely understand the peanut gallery comment... who knows may be a hit... but probably nothing but complaints! But @FordPickup92 likes them and that's enough for me to say screw everyone else!!! Lol you can deal with it a couple times a year!! I'm more worried that she really loves them and may try to push them on us all the time now! Lol kidding she loves her Mardi Gras as well!! Not looking good for my CDIs getting felt time!

Don't get me wrong, I love chips and look for every excuse to buy more. But for me once I buy into a set I don't stop. In order to get the $250 set where I wanted it would be $450+ and the WSOP set would require splitting the high denom set and would end up at ~$565. Had one of the locals gone along with this I likely would have bought. Lol

I think these 36mm solid chips would work fanatastically for any spotted RHC set that needs to add fracs, like quarters and nickels. Not only do you get the traditional solid colour of the frac, but also a size difference that sets them apart from higher denom cash chips. No different than how some people use 43mm chips for their $20/$25 and $100 after their 39mm $1s and $5s. Just customize with an inlay replacement or overlabel.

The WSOP are still in stock and at the same price until tonight!! Wish I had bought that set instead!! The $250 set sold out of $500 and $1000 chip add ons right away!! We are hoping someone decides they don't like them and sell later on!

I think these 36mm solid chips would work fanatastically for any spotted RHC set that needs to add fracs, like quarters and nickels. Not only do you get the traditional solid colour of the frac, but also a size difference that sets them apart from higher denom cash chips. No different than how some people use 43mm chips for their $20/$25 and $100 after their 39mm $1s and $5s. Just customize with an inlay replacement or overlabel.
I have herd from many people that are doing exactly that!! My buddy @Highli99 has a set with 36mm fracs and they are awesome!!

I like Gear’s opinion on variety, but when I started accumulating too many chips they were the first to go. I decided I just don’t like them anywhere near spotted chips. So for me it wasn’t as much as the size, but the no edge marks bothered me a bit. I’ve spent all this money and it wasn’t as beautiful as I wanted them to be.
Yeah. This is even more opiniony than the subjective feel of the smaller chips. But I'd have to agree that these chips have a lot working against them. I don't love solid chips and I think a solid inlaid set is just weird (solid hotstamps are fine in my world.) So combine that with the smaller size and it's almost a three strikes and you're out situation.
Except these chips feel great. And they're priced great. And they're freakin WSOP chips.
I would buy them without hesitation if I was looking for a tournament set. And then, if I owned 5 tournament sets and had to get rid of one, then yeah, this oddball set probably wouldn't survive the cut.

I did that in a previous cash set :

I absolutely understand the peanut gallery comment... who knows may be a hit... but probably nothing but complaints! But @FordPickup92 likes them and that's enough for me to say screw everyone else!!! Lol you can deal with it a couple times a year!! I'm more worried that she really loves them and may try to push them on us all the time now! Lol kidding she loves her Mardi Gras as well!! Not looking good for my CDIs getting felt time!
The thought of these becoming fracs makes me sick honestly... on a side note I dont know they will come over the Mardi gras, but I'm definitely using them for a mind filler for my incomplete PCA tourney set... lol distractions

Curious does anyone out there run these on a regular basis? Or do we all have the same feelings of Ok they are going to be a once in a while set in the rotation? Then also curious do you switch to 39mm cash chips afterwards and tell everyone they are oversized?? Lol

Everyone says you can't sell in Europe!! Seems like you do pretty well brother!! Of course you probably own 25% of the chips in Europe!! Lmao

I don't own so many chips. I've downsized in the last months.
It's definitely possible to sell in Europe. You just need to be patient.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom