Cash Game 300 Chip Micro Stakes (1 Viewer)

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
How many players will this set cover, roughly?

100 x $.05 (using $5 chips)
100 x $.25 (using $25 chips)
100 x $1 (face value chips)

I thinking of adding a cash game for people who have busted out of my $10 tournament. I figure .05/.10 is about as rich as they'd be interested in, with $5 or $10 buy-ins. Will that breakdown work for 4-5 non-degens?

What kind of chips are they? If you're going to do a .05/.10 cash game I would consider padding out the set with a rack of $5s. $130.00 isn't a very big bank IMO, even for $10NL.

Few 5$ chips Will be à good addition.
We play this limit with 6-7 players 1 or 2 large ...
And we never run out of chips
with 100*0,05
100*0,25
100*1
And 20*5

I think letting cash play will be fine. I'm using Aztar IN primary $5s as nickels, which makes adding an actual $5 chip complicated.

In a $.05/$.10 game, the nickels and quarters are your workhorse checks. I like to have twenty per person in play; so 100 of each covers five players. You can get by with 15, but asking for change increases a little - mostly change comes out of the pot and it's trivial. If you get down to 10 per person, it gets problematic - you'll frequently be making pots that don't have change in them, and you then have to start making change for each other.

Your total bank is $5 in nickels, $25 in quarters, and $100 in dollars, or $130. Five people buying in $10 at a time aren't always going use up that bank if they're conservative players, but it can happen. Five degenerates would kill that bank, every time. personally, I hate letting cash play... I'd rather find five or six chips that can be used as $20's. Six $20's pretty much double the working bank; that's a lot to gain from six chips. I know it's a jump to skip the $5, but a dime doesn't actually need a $5 to play. The $5 is just to free up singles. If you jump to $20's, you free up singles, and there's no confusion with the nickels.

If I didn't have $20'sk, I'd actually use a couple of sample plaques... any plaque is a $20 bill, regardless of denom. I hate bills in play that much. (I don't mine bundles of money in play, but I hate single bills. You just can't read a stack when it's paper.)

In a $.05/$.10 game, the nickels and quarters are your workhorse checks. I like to have twenty per person in play; so 100 of each covers five players. You can get by with 15, but asking for change increases a little - mostly change comes out of the pot and it's trivial. If you get down to 10 per person, it gets problematic - you'll frequently be making pots that don't have change in them, and you then have to start making change for each other.

Your total bank is $5 in nickels, $25 in quarters, and $100 in dollars, or $130. Five people buying in $10 at a time aren't always going use up that bank if they're conservative players, but it can happen. Five degenerates would kill that bank, every time. personally, I hate letting cash play... I'd rather find five or six chips that can be used as $20's. Six $20's pretty much double the working bank; that's a lot to gain from six chips. I know it's a jump to skip the $5, but a dime doesn't actually need a $5 to play. The $5 is just to free up singles. If you jump to $20's, you free up singles, and there's no confusion with the nickels.

If I didn't have $20'sk, I'd actually use a couple of sample plaques... any plaque is a $20 bill, regardless of denom. I hate bills in play that much. (I don't mine bundles of money in play, but I hate single bills. You just can't read a stack when it's paper.)

Good thoughts. I have some assorted Aztar roulette solids that can fill that role pretty nicely already. I'll keep them handy in case the game turns out to be more fun than I expect. The racks are Aztar IN Primary $1s and $5s, and GV IN $25s (though I just have a little over 80, and a barrel of Aztar Primary $25s to add in if I really need a full 100).

Well things have changed on this set a bit. Still at 100 x 5c and 100 x 25c (but a full rack of GV). The $1s are up to 160 (75 P-A-D, 85 Aztar secondary, until I find more P-A-D), along with 40 x $10 Garden City. 400 chips, $590 bank. The Matsui $100 plaques will push the bank over $1k, as would playing the $5s at face instead of as nickels (.25/.25+). Still haven't played a cash game of poker period... how's the breakdown sound now?

100x .05
100x .25
100 x 1
plus some big denom chips is plenty for a 5 player game of .05/.10.

I play a weekly .05/.10 game with 7-9 players, and we play with 10 x .05, 10 x .25, 13 x 1 as our starting stacks. the nickles are not work horse chips in our game. the .25s and 1s are.

Rebuys are usually in $5 chips.

100x .05
100x .25
100 x 1
plus some big denom chips is plenty for a 5 player game of .05/.10.

I play a weekly .05/.10 game with 7-9 players, and we play with 10 x .05, 10 x .25, 13 x 1 as our starting stacks. the nickles are not work horse chips in our game. the .25s and 1s are.

Rebuys are usually in $5 chips.
Cool. 5-7 is the typical scenario for me. Not having enough workhorse quarters was on my mind, so thanks for the input.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom