Giveaway 3 years - 1K posts Giveaway! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
20ish entries, for 5 prizes? Sorry, have to tag some folks who probably missed it. First and last call, the drawing will take place tomorrow!

Good luck :)

@BonScot @jr8719 @OfficerLovejoy @Eriks @Marius L @Bigbluff81 @Senzrock @Ben8257 @Okku @greenchip @Stackme @fishsaybloop @Feneck84 @UnicornFlash @LeGold @doublebooyah85 @AfterTheFact @BarrieJ3 @Bill_Man618 @w00zie @Pinkdan @davislane @PocketAces @Kid_Eastwood @buffalojim
Great post and a very generous giveaway Alex! I’m going to let someone else win this one, best of luck to all of the participants.

My surname is Parris. That must be close enough to count :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve got some Paris chips as well…
IMG_8301.jpeg

Congrats!

When temperatures rise, the Tower increases in size! This is a natural physical phenomenon called thermal expansion. Heat causes an increase in volume that makes the Eiffel Tower a few centimeters taller. This expansion also causes the Tower to tilt slightly away from the sun. The sun only hits one of the 4 sides of the Tower creating an imbalance with the other 3 sides, that remain stable, thus causing the Eiffel Tower to lean. In this way, the sun’s movement over the course of a clear day can cause the top of the Tower to move in a more or less circular curve measuring approximately 15 centimeters in diameter.

Conversely, when cold winter weather arrives, the metal structure contracts and it can lose a few centimeters as well!

It's after the 48hr window of eligibility but congrats anyway!! This is also the first (& only) forum I've ever been apart of and have appreciated my time here as well.

Hope to one day visit Paris & cross off one of my Bucket List items by attending the final stage of Le Tour on the Champs-Elysees!!

8tUL.gif

Appreciate the tag and the giveaway! I intentionally decided not to participate, to give other people a chance :)

Missed this as well! Thanks for the tag. Congrats on the Milestone. Been to Paris multiple times, and always had a great time there. Went first time as a 7 year old with my grandparents to the Euro Disney!

In more recent years I've had a couple of weekends there with friends and the wife. Nice place to visit for sure! No photos on my phone though unfortunately.

Thanks for the tag.

1690724424937.png

When we moved right outside of Paris, the main part of the pension reform strike was going on. That means…we couldn’t really travel, a lot of stuff was shutdown and…all of our furniture couldn’t get into the country since the docks were on strike.

We were in a completely barren house in a foreign country. We had to purchase online some blow up mattresses and bean bags just so we had a place to lie/sit.

But it was so cool to see the country that invented strikes and protests, that taught our country centuries ago how to stand up, to come together and push back on a government looking to increase their retirement age.

It super sucked for us with young kids in a foreign place, but it was still cool and we got to share with them why we were sitting in an empty house - because people were handing together and pushing back for what they thought was right.

We hope to be back one day.

“When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.“

(No need to enter giveaway to others a chance, but very cool!)

Entries are still open for an add 24 hours due to recent events. @OfficerLovejoy @Eriks thanks mates can't wait to see you too guys. I hope I'll be able to do it because another surgery is planned in September who require daily care at home with a nurse. I hope I will have recovered enough by then.

Entries are still open for an add 24 hours due to recent events. @OfficerLovejoy @Eriks thanks mates can't wait to see you too guys. I hope I'll be able to do it because another surgery is planned in September who require daily care at home with a nurse. I hope I will have recovered enough by then.
Sorry to hear about the health issues. Take care and hopefully you’ll be back on your feet by then

70857758421__0154A34F-B677-4963-BC90-20458E6C9E0A.jpeg

Picture of Phill Helmuth and Matt Berkey at the WSOP this year
IMG_8638.jpeg

My favorite tourist attraction in Paris. Don’t have any pics from when I went, but I think it’s the coolest thing in Paris.

Also thanks for mentioning me and doing this giveaway! You’re a great member here and I always love to see what projects you’re doing.

Ah, Paris. I remember how excited I was to finally see Mona Lisa, only to realize that the picture was incredibly tiny. Was my first time having snails for dinner too. Would like to go back some day. I'll even throw in a pic of myself

Attachments

• IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    221.6 KB · Views: 49
Sorry guys, I'll give another 24h for Marius to show up. If any of the EU crew have his number and can text him that would be great.

Otherwise, I'll be forced to draw another winner for #3.
I texted him just now

View attachment 1172567
#4 is @BonScot !! Félicitations Monsieur Parris :)
Merci beaucoup mon ami (trying desperately to remember high school French from 35 years ago).

Je voudrais le stations de boulder s'il vous plait.

Apologies if I've just insulted an entire nation (plus anyone on here from Quebec).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom