Cash Game 25/50 cent break down. (2 Viewers)

The other question, which you have probably already answered, is will you be happy with these chips? They are a slugged plastic chip like the dice chips you are using now. (This shouldn't be an issue if you already have samples and like the chips.)

The logic for dropping the quarters is that it doesn't serve any real function if having to call the extra .25 never induces a fold or if the bets are made in whole or half dollars. The other reason is the breakdown in my previous post gives you the flexibility of splitting the set up into two playable single table sets with a bank of $2000.

People who host single table games that play larger than two grand will likely be looking for a higher grade chip instead of a cousin to the dice chip.

Last edited:
I’m getting the Monaco made by gpi not the other one. I’m only getting one frac and want to stick with .25 because people can be weird and might think .50/.50 is weird/wrong. I’ll have plenty of .25 so it should be fine for 2 tables.

I’m getting the Monaco made by gpi not the other one. I’m only getting one frac and want to stick with .25 because people can be weird and might think .50/.50 is weird/wrong. I’ll have plenty of .25 so it should be fine for 2 tables.

Thank you for the clarification. The GPI's are a good choice IMO.

.50/.50 might seem wrong at first, but you only need half of the chips to complete the blinds. The players in my group liked the change. (No pun intended.)

.50/.50 blinds rock. As inflation lowers the value of cash, you will soon wonder why you have quarters on the table. Makes it a lot easier if you would ever spread pot limit Omaha and other games as well.

Just my two cents...but high quantity of low denomination chips on the table tends to slow the game down because people have mountains of chips and it takes them forever to call or even add up their entire stack when all-in. Live At The Bike is a prime example of this because they have millions of 5s on the table. In my opinion, have less lower denominations and more higher denominations. My weekly game is a .25-.50 with 7-9 players and sometimes there is 2,000 on the table. Most start with $50-$100 and our breakdown is:

25c X 80
1.00 X 100
5.00 X 120
25.00 X 100
100.00 X 100 (At most we have had 7 in play)

Starting $50 stack is:
25c X 8
1.00 X 13 (some players get 8)
5.00 X 7

Starting $100 stack is:
25c X 8
1.00 X 13
5.00 X 7
25.00 X 2

When people rebuy they only get 5s and 25s. At some point the 100s may make an appearance. We have been doing this for almost 8 years and have never had an issue with the amount of chips in play.

Good luck to all!

My break-down for 10 players cash game NL50 is :
.25 x 100
1 x 200
5 x 200
25 x 100

First $50 buyin is : 8/8/8
Then next 2 rebuys are too 8/8/8.
Next 10 rebuys are 0/10/8.
And after that comes the $25 chip.

Never got any issue with that.

Over whelming my self with the options of chips and denominations and quantities.

Want to get my local group a new set of chips.

What do you experienced players think I should get for a break down? 95% of the time we play 25/50 cent no limit. 7-9 guys. Normally people are buying in for 150-200.

Wow, that is like 400 big blinds. We play like 40-50 dollar buy ins at 25c/50c lol. Obviously it is not optimal and pretty short but everyone in my group so far is too conservative, but 10 cent/20 cent gets boring when everyone just calls because the bet sizes are so small.

Wow, that is like 400 big blinds. We play like 40-50 dollar buy ins at 25c/50c lol. Obviously it is not optimal and pretty short but everyone in my group so far is too conservative, but 10 cent/20 cent gets boring when everyone just calls because the bet sizes are so small.

There's nothing wrong with shorter buy-ins, especially in a more casual game. Since there's less money to lose and the magnifying effect of post-flop betting is reduced, the fish don't (usually) get gutted quite as badly by the stronger players.

My .25/.50 cash game normally has a $100 max buy-in, but when I get post-tourney games started with more casual players in the group, we often keep buyins at $20-40 max. Tourney players are more willing to play in the smaller buy-in game, and when you have 40bb and a game that only lasts 60-90 minutes, the more skilled cash players don't always dominate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom