Cash Game 25/50 cent break down. (3 Viewers)

Tsloan

Reaction score
Over whelming my self with the options of chips and denominations and quantities.

Want to get my local group a new set of chips.

What do you experienced players think I should get for a break down? 95% of the time we play 25/50 cent no limit. 7-9 guys. Normally people are buying in for 150-200.

500-600 chips is probably good.

I have 100*0.25, 275*1, 200*5 25*25 for the same game, we don't play as deep though.

I can see why you might consider more 5s in your case.

There must be 100 threads on this exact topic.

Generally:
100 each 25c chips
200 each $1 chips
300-400 each $5 chips
80 each $25 chips
20 each $100 chips

Plenty of bank even with your deeper starting stacks.

Is there a best way to add more chips to run up to 18 players or do you just basically double everything?

Is there a best way to add more chips to run up to 18 players or do you just basically double everything?

You'll want at least 1 rack of fracs for each table, and probably 2 racks of workhorse chips ($1's for a 25c/50c game). I would think you would want at least one rack of $5's per table, but probably 2. After that it's a bit more flexible. You can bump up the bank quickly with more $25's or $100's.

Over whelming my self with the options of chips and denominations and quantities.

Want to get my local group a new set of chips.

What do you experienced players think I should get for a break down? 95% of the time we play 25/50 cent no limit. 7-9 guys. Normally people are buying in for 150-200.

Sounds like a pretty deep 25c/50c game, so I would lean towards extra $5's...2-4 racks per table probably.

Agreed with all of the above. Only thing I'd add - because I don't see it mentioned much - if your players are bad/lazy/unfamiliar with making change for themselves from the pot or for others when they limp in I'd suggest more $0.25s. Starting with 12 or even 16 quarters per player can make the game go a lot quicker. Given the buy-ins aren't micro it's likely your players don't need this but worth noting.

Right now I am leaning towards what I have below based on a few factors. Tell me what you guys think

>mostly 9 players, occasionally 12-14 players, and rarely 15-18.
>when there are 15+ usually it will drop to 12 within a few hours as players bust and dont rebuy
>games I am drawing from dont often get over 2k on the table.
>when playing 1 table only can use all the $1s so there are fat stacks on the table.

25c - 200
$1 - 400
$5 - 300
$25 - 20
$100 10
Total = $3450 and 930 chips.

Are you budget-limited? If not, I’d consider rounding out the set to 1000, by adding 60 x $25 and 10 x $100. It gives you a LOT more bank flexibility, especially if you ever have a crazy night with massively deep stacks, or if you move up in stakes to 1/2. Heck, you mention that occasionally you have $2000 on the table...if that was my game, I’d want a bank that can handle that and be flexible enough to handle the game as it grows in the future.

Also, since you say that you rarely have more than a full table, I’d give serious consideration to having fewer $1s and more $5s. Why? Because as your game grows and/or as inflation creeps up, you’ll need more $5s, which are the true workhorse chip, even at low stakes .25/.50. Besides, since you rarely have more than one table, even those times when you do have two tables, you’ll be able to get by with slightly fewer $1s on the table and it won’t really be noticeable or slow down your game.

Ultimately, you want maximum flexibility in your set at the minimum cost. Adding 70 more chips and tweaking your breakdown almost doubles your bank. Plus, it’s a nice round number of chips. Thus, I’d go with 1000 chips:

25c x 200
$1 x 300
$5 x 400
$25 x 80
$100 x 20

Bank: $6350

Right now I am leaning towards what I have below based on a few factors. Tell me what you guys think

>mostly 9 players, occasionally 12-14 players, and rarely 15-18.
>when there are 15+ usually it will drop to 12 within a few hours as players bust and dont rebuy
>games I am drawing from dont often get over 2k on the table.
>when playing 1 table only can use all the $1s so there are fat stacks on the table.

25c - 200
$1 - 400
$5 - 300
$25 - 20
$100 10
Total = $3450 and 930 chips.

I would use the @gopherblue breakdown.

300 $1’s is plenty for 2 tables, especially considering you aren’t looking at 2 full tables. Having more $5’s is very important. 400 minimum to cover 2 short handed tables, I’d want 600 to 800 to cover 2 tables.

80–$25’s and 20– $100’s will give you the extra bank needed in case you have deep night or the game grows.

Yeah that makes more sense, was trying to think and calculate late last night with the brain halfway shut off. No reason not to go to a clean 1000.

Ultra-experienced people have spoken before me, but I might add that there is no reason to denominate the fracs.
As NDs, you can use them either as .25s or .50s.

My group plays $.25/$.50, and we play with:

200 ~ $.25
200 ~ $1
200 ~ $5

Most people get in between $60-$100, most is about nine players. I keep some $20's and $25s handy; however, they rarely ever see the felt (we are a bunch of low rollers).

If you're buying chips for just one audience, a lot of this depends how your game plays. In our game, if we have lots of fracs then betting will be in fracs. If we limit the fracs then betting will tend to be in $1s. If we also limit the $1s and have more $5s the game plays larger.

For social games, I would play with a lot more fracs so that people are having a good time, get into more hands and are enjoying themselves without having to be too serious - and many are very casual players (maybe only play a few times a year). Some may argue that this is not proper poker but we have fun and that's the main thing for me.

If your game is more serious and people are happy with $150-$200 then you're really playing a 1/2 game since the normal buy-in max is 100BB for a cash game. Someone buying in for $200 on a 25/50 table is getting 400BB...

It depends on the group that particular night because the group varies. We usually have a lot of francs but people usually bet in $1 increments. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 1k set that was laid out by @gopherblue, anything else i should know or take into consideration?

It depends on the group that particular night because the group varies. We usually have a lot of francs but people usually bet in $1 increments. I'm about to pull the trigger on the 1k set that was laid out by @gopherblue, anything else i should know or take into consideration?

Like Rhodeman, I think it would be wise to order an extra rack of $5's. Rarely do the stakes in an established home game grow by more than 30%. Players in your group are bringing up to $100 with them on game night, that figure is unlikely to jump dramatically. $25 and $100 chips are only necessary if you plan on hosting a higher stake game to a different set of players, at which point you might want to get a separate chip set.

A more appropriate breakdown may look something like this:

25c x 200
$1 x 300
$5 x 450
$25 x 50

Bank, excluding fracs: $3800 That gives you over $235 per player for a group of 16.

Looks like the Monaco are only available in rolls of 25. You may want to consider a different breakdown If that is the direction you are leaning. Considering your workhorse chip is a $1, you may want to eliminate the .25 chip in favor of the .50 chip. Blinds start the action, that is it. Is anyone in your group going to fold their holdings over a quarter?

.50 x 150
$1 x 300
$5 x 500
$25 or $50 x 50

Chip breakdown for 18 players:

8 x .50
16 x $1
X x $5

I’m not following the logic to get rid of the .25s. 400 x $5 is plenty also. I’d almost go more 1s than 5s,
But I will stick with the gopherblue breakdown or maybe go 360x1 340x5.

How long have you been playing this game? If it's 10 years and you don't see any change in the near future then stick with the breakdown suggested by gopherblue. If you think the game is gonna get bigger soon then get more $5s.

I don’t see it going over .50/$1 anytime soon. If people show interest for a bigger game once in a while I can just order more $25s or something. I don’t know how often 2 tables will run also but it does seem that lately our little home game circuit is growing.

Ya I think I like a little more $1s now that I think about it. Want enough for 9 handed to have 2 barrels each, or 18 to have 1 barrel each.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom