2022 Indy 500 contest (1 Viewer)

Current
Group 1
slisk - Palou, Sato, Pagenaud, Grosjean (31), Karam, Ferruci, DeFrancesco
David - Veekay (33), Newgarden, Johnson, Castroneves, Daly, Harvey, Ilott (32)
Chippy - Dixon, O’Ward, Herta (30), McLaughlin(29), Rahal, Malukas, Kirkwood
Dunbar - Ericsson, Kanaan, Rossi, Rosenqvist, Andretti, Hildebrand, Lundgaard

Group 2
Chippy - Dixon, Ericsson, Kanaan, Johnson, Rosenqvist, Kirkwood
Thomacetti - Carpenter, Malukas, Herta (30), Karam, Ilott (32), Andretti
Paulo - Palou, Newgarden, Rahal, Grosjean (31), Ferruci, Harvey
BGinGA - Veekay (33), Rossi, McLaughlin(29), Castroneves, Daly, Hildebrand
slisk - O’Ward, Sato, Power, Pagenaud, DeFrancesco, Montoya

2nd hit far worse than the first, lucky no leg damage

Bad news: 2 drivers out. Good news: 3 drivers now in top ten. Go Daly, Helio, Rossi !

Kanaan has been running the fastest laps of the top three since the final pit stops. If he can get a jump on the restart, it will be interesting. 50% chance that Felix causes an accident trying to get up front.... opening the door for Rossi?

Current
Group 1
slisk - Palou, Sato, Pagenaud, Grosjean (31), Karam, Ferruci, DeFrancesco
David - Veekay (33), Newgarden, Johnson (28), Castroneves, Daly, Harvey, Ilott (32)
Chippy - Dixon, O’Ward, Herta (30), McLaughlin(29), Rahal, Malukas, Kirkwood
Dunbar - Ericsson, Kanaan, Rossi, Rosenqvist, Andretti, Hildebrand, Lundgaard

Group 2
Chippy - Dixon, Ericsson, Kanaan, Johnson (28), Rosenqvist, Kirkwood
Thomacetti - Carpenter, Malukas, Herta (30), Karam, Ilott (32), Andretti
Paulo - Palou, Newgarden, Rahal, Grosjean (31), Ferruci, Harvey
BGinGA - Veekay (33), Rossi, McLaughlin(29), Castroneves, Daly, Hildebrand
slisk - O’Ward, Sato, Power, Pagenaud, DeFrancesco, Montoya

Ganassi has two top cars felled by bad breaks and still wins. #STRONG.

Ganassi has two top cars felled by bad breaks and still wins. #STRONG.

Strong for sure!!

Other than JJ, the other four Ganassi cars were supposed to finish top 4. Through the Macs in there and we had all of our contenders.

The Penskes were a big disappointment, on the other hand. Same with Andretti Racing.

Last edited:
Lowest point totals

Group 1
slisk - Palou(9)Sato(25)Pagenaud(8)Grosjean (31), Karam(23), Ferruci(10), DeFrancesco(20)
David - Veekay (33), Newgarden(13) Johnson (28), Castroneves(7) Daly(6), Harvey(24), Ilott (32)
Chippy - Dixon(21)O’Ward(2) Herta (30), McLaughlin(29), Rahal(14), Malukas(16) Kirkwood(17)
Dunbar - Ericsson(1)Kanaan(3)Rossi(5)Rosenqvist(4), Andretti(22) Hildebrand(12), Lundgaard(18)

Group 2
Chippy - Dixon(21), Ericsson(1)Kanaan(3) Johnson (28), Rosenqvist(4) Kirkwood(17)
Thomacetti - Carpenter(19), Malukas(16) Herta (30), Karam(23), Ilott (32), Andretti(22)
Paulo - Palou(9) Newgarden(13), Rahal(14), Grosjean (31), Ferruci(10) Harvey(24)
BGinGA - Veekay (33), Rossi(5) McLaughlin(29), Castroneves,(7)Daly(6)Hildebrand(12)
slisk - O’Ward(2) Sato (25), Power(15), Pagenaud(8) DeFrancesco(20), Montoya(11)

without added it up it’s clear Dunbar destroyed us in group 1 , I think Chippy gets me in group 2 but didn’t add

Lowest point totals

Group 1
slisk - Palou(9)Sato(25)Pagenaud(8)Grosjean (31), Karam(23), Ferruci(10), DeFrancesco(20)
David - Veekay (33), Newgarden(13) Johnson (28), Castroneves(7) Daly(6), Harvey(24), Ilott (32)
Chippy - Dixon(21)O’Ward(2) Herta (30), McLaughlin(29), Rahal(14), Malukas(16) Kirkwood(17)
Dunbar - Ericsson(1)Kanaan(3)Rossi(5)Rosenqvist(4), Andretti(22) Hildebrand(12), Lundgaard(18)

Group 2
Chippy - Dixon(21), Ericsson(1)Kanaan(3) Johnson (28), Rosenqvist(4) Kirkwood(17)
Thomacetti - Carpenter(19), Malukas(16) Herta (30), Karam(23), Ilott (32), Andretti(22)
Paulo - Palou(9) Newgarden(13), Rahal(14), Grosjean (31), Ferruci(10) Harvey(24)
BGinGA - Veekay (33), Rossi(5) McLaughlin(29), Castroneves,(7)Daly(6)Hildebrand(12)
slisk - O’Ward(2) Sato (25), Power(15), Pagenaud(8) DeFrancesco(20), Montoya(11)

without added it up it’s clear Dunbar destroyed us in group 1 , I think Chippy gets me in group 2 but didn’t add
WooHoo, looks like my 34 seconds of research paid off!!

I'm still happy with my picks. Worst finish of 12th if you take out the two very unexpected wrecks.

Well done, Chippy and Dunbar!

I need to send Chippy $20 but also $20 to David and $20 to Mike. Is I propose I cover David's and Mike's each $20 to Chippy and I'll send Bill $60.

Just let me know if you guys are okay with that.

Bumping the thread!

Just waiting for instructions to settle the bet. Per my comment above, It would be simpler if I could send @Chippy McChiperson the $60 (covering my $20 and the $20 I owe @slisk250 and @David O .

Btw, I finally had the time to watch the Coke600 last night: Great race! I wish we had seen the types of battles Nascar gives us (although not always) on the Indy500. It was a little bit of an underwhelming race for me unfortunately.

Bumping the thread!

Just waiting for instructions to settle the bet. Per my comment above, It would be simpler if I could send @Chippy McChiperson the $60 (covering my $20 and the $20 I owe @slisk250 and @David O .

Btw, I finally had the time to watch the Coke600 last night: Great race! I wish we had seen the types of battles Nascar gives us (although not always) on the Indy500. It was a little bit of an underwhelming race for me unfortunately.
I’m totaling the whole thing this morning and will send a pm

I agree with you about the race this time. Usually there is a ton of action up front but Ganassi was so strong few could stay with them. Also the most boring racer won the thing. I’m sure not many folks cared that Ericsson won. I hope that Hevy closes the gap as Honda has an edge.

Bumping the thread!

But I can’t ever watch NASCAR. Fenders are for passenger cars! Haha

I agree with you about the race this time. Usually there is a ton of action up front but Ganassi was so strong few could stay with them. Also the most boring racer won the thing. I’m sure not many folks cared that Ericsson won. I hope that Hevy closes the gap as Honda has an edge.

There wasn't a ton of action up front or mid-pack to be fair.

Chevy was competitive with the Macs but the Penskes were not up to par for some reason.

There wasn't a ton of action up front or mid-pack to be fair.

Chevy was competitive with the Macs but the Penskes were not up to par for some reason.
Yeah, maybe Roger needs to take a bigger role in the race team again. Scott was moving up as expected but stalled around p12 then lost a few spots and wrecked. I was impressed that Jimmy didn’t crash until lap 194.

Btw, Mike, Kimmi Raikonen will be driving one of the road courses this year. It should be fun to watch. Can't remember the team but I think he's racing for Trackhouse, with third car. That team has been outstanding this year and both Chastain and Suarez are gaining a lot of fans... As a Kimmi fan, I'm looking forward to watching him again...

Btw, Mike, Kimmi Raikonen will be driving one of the road courses this year, Mike. It should be fun to watch. Can't remember the team but I think he racing for Trackhouse, with third car. That team has been outstanding this year and both Chastain and Suarez are gaining a lot of fans... As a Kimmi fan, I'm looking forward to watching him again...

“You will not have the drink Kimi”

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: I love Kimi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom