SOLD 100 x Bud Jones Aruba CIC $100s @ $100 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Screenshot_20200204_231302.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_231226.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_231154.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_231415.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_231444.jpg

Screenshot_20200204_231432.jpg

BJ CIC... If you know, you know! Absolutely awesome chips in great condition, just no need for them anymore.

$100 shipped to the USA or Canada. For any other countries, feel free to PM me for a quote.

Best,

Jack.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204_225354.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204_225354.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20200204_225341.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204_225341.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20200204_225327.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204_225327.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Interesting.... may be a good supplement for a tourney add on for the Big Easy set and use them as 1000’s? Would that work?

I wouldn’t have any problem at all with it. I think it would be pretty cool. Just don’t tell anyone in the “can’t mix molds crew” that you did it.

I wouldn’t have any problem at all with it. I think it would be pretty cool. Just don’t tell anyone in the “can’t mix molds crew” that you did it.

Ha! Yeah I’m fairly new to all this and the Big Easy set is the only one I have (for now). Honestly though there seems to be a lot to all the chip collecting - I’m not sure if there is a rule book / glossary for all of the terms and preferences but I’m slowly finding out and enjoying the ride.

I can definitely see the value and beauty of the clay chips but I’ve grown up playing with BJs (Canterbury Card Club, MN) and find the Big East’s ideal. Happy that they are a lot cheaper! These CIC ones may be my next purchase for a future tourney set but I need to research.

thanks for the insight @DMack

Ha! Yeah I’m fairly new to all this and the Big Easy set is the only one I have (for now). Honestly though there seems to be a lot to all the chip collecting - I’m not sure if there is a rule book / glossary for all of the terms and preferences but I’m slowly finding out and enjoying the ride.

I can definitely see the value and beauty of the clay chips but I’ve grown up playing with BJs (Canterbury Card Club, MN) and find the Big East’s ideal. Happy that they are a lot cheaper! These CIC ones may be my next purchase for a future tourney set but I need to research.

thanks for the insight @DMack

You will have those that go crazy at the thought of mixing different molds or chip types. Put together whatever you like and whatever you think looks cool. I think these would be great as a higher denom with the rest of the set.

probably a stupid question but what is a “mold”??

Just with the different chip types. For example, The Big Easy chips are Bud Jones S2. Bud Jones also makes V7 chips that are popular, among others. They look and feel different. I would have no problem at all mixing them, but others couldn’t even begin to think to do so.

Just with the different chip types. For example, The Big Easy chips are Bud Jones S2. Bud Jones also makes V7 chips that are popular, among others. They look and feel different. I would have no problem at all mixing them, but others couldn’t even begin to think to do so.

that makes sense. It sounds like I’ll be adding a couple of racks of the teal .25 cent chips that are also BJ (r4?) and then I’m harvesting a rack of the Canterbury .50 pumpkins (BJ something stamped rather) for nostalgia sake. I’ll post some pics once I get the set complete but it’s real close! Here isthe work in profrsss so far :

Attachments

• B0DA5957-4FFA-4BCD-BA21-9311B08E6331.jpeg
    B0DA5957-4FFA-4BCD-BA21-9311B08E6331.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 56
  • FEE8E67F-0EB3-4957-8AD2-EB1461890994.jpeg
    FEE8E67F-0EB3-4957-8AD2-EB1461890994.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 51
  • EC263AAB-D001-4DAC-8D1A-99160A3D4BD8.png
    EC263AAB-D001-4DAC-8D1A-99160A3D4BD8.png
    672.8 KB · Views: 55
that makes sense. It sounds like I’ll be adding a couple of racks of the teal .25 cent chips that are also BJ (r4?) and then I’m harvesting a rack of the Canterbury .50 pumpkins (BJ something stamped rather) for nostalgia sake. I’ll post some pics once I get the set complete but it’s real close! Here isthe work in profrsss so far :

Very nice. Plastic doesn’t get a lot of love around here, but I think they’re great.

CIC certainly don't get the love they deserve... These are awesome and the colour would work well as an add-on, for sure. Not that you'd want to, but could the coin inlay be taken out and a label put in instead @DMack / @Gear?

Last edited:
CIC certainly don't get the love they deserve... These are awesome and the colour would work well as an add-on, for sure. Not that you'd want to, but could the coin inlay be taken out and a label put in instead @DMack / @Gear?

unfortunately, no. There are two different "coins" for each side. There is just an open space when one/both are removed.

You don’t happen to have any other denoms you want to sell, do you?

First bump. In a generous mood so have dropped the price to $100 shipped.

What does it mean to say you, “can’t mix molds” and why would anyone say that?

I see “mixed sets” of Paulsons here all the time for cash sets and I have to quickly click on another thread they’re so unnerving.

What does it mean to say you, “can’t mix molds” and why would anyone say that?

I see “mixed sets” of Paulsons here all the time for cash sets and I have to quickly click on another thread they’re so unnerving.
Mixing molds essentially means having two different types of poker chips in your lineups: both THC and RHC Paulson chips, for example. I actually mixed molds with my first set of Paulsons, using RHC (left) and THC (right) molds of the same chips to make up a rack.

IMG_20200107_232717.jpg

There is no reason why you "can't" do it, but it is generally a personal preference of the majority of members not to, that's all. I guess it's akin to putting custom rims on a vintage Porsche or Ferrari: you just don't mess with something classic that looks perfect as it is.

Mixing molds essentially means having two different types of poker chips in your lineups: both THC and RHC Paulson chips, for example. I actually mixed molds with my first set of Paulsons, using RHC (left) and THC (right) molds of the same chips to make up a rack.

View attachment 403981

There is no reason why you "can't" do it, but it is generally a personal preference of the majority of members not to, that's all. I guess it's akin to putting custom rims on a vintage Porsche or Ferrari: you just don't mess with something classic that looks perfect as it is.

This picture makes me feel uncomfortable. The chips aren’t perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom