1/3 NL hand at Aria (1 Viewer)

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Hero is in the SB and sitting on ~ $400. BB V1 has ~ $700 and MP V2 has ~ $300. V1 seems competent in the hands I have seen her play. V2 is new to the table. V2 raises to $15 pre-flop. I have 44 and make the call as does BB V1. The flop is :4c::5c::7s:. Action is on hero .....

Hero is in the SB and sitting on ~ $400. BB V1 has ~ $700 and MP V2 has ~ $300. V1 seems competent in the hands I have seen her play. V2 is new to the table. V2 raises to $15 pre-flop. I have 44 and make the call as does BB V1. The flop is :4c::5c::7s:. Action is on hero .....
I always bet a flopped set. You have to assume that you are ahead. Make them pay for draws. I’d bet around $30

I wouldn't be slow playing this I'd be betting at least a pot sized bet if your up against a draw make them pay if the turn is something smelly like 6c I'd be reevaluating the hand, intregued to see what happened here

With a flopped set, you don't always win big, but you never lose small.

Draw heavy board. Donk bet ¾ pot. $30-35.
Exactly. I am always happy to take it down on the flop in a spot like this. Hope to win a small one and move on. But I am sure at least one of these villains is going to chase their draw, or it wouldn’t be a good discussion. :D

I’m in the C/R camp if you think (from table experience) V2 will Cbet a decent majority of the time. Seeing as he’s new and you don’t have much read.. I’d lean towards a donk bet of $35.

v2 should be continuing most of the time on that board. I'm check-calling. (and I don't hate a check-raise.) With those stacks, it's gonna be hard to bet anyone off clubs or a 6 on the flop. Pot control might not be a terrible idea. If they end up getting there, you might have to pay them off.

Those all sound like reasonable ideas, unfortunately hero did none of those and checks, BB checks, and V2 bets $25. I consider a check raise but only call. BB calls too.

Flop :4c::5c::7s:

Turn :8d:

Hero ......

Those all sound like reasonable ideas, unfortunately hero did none of those and checks, BB checks, and V2 bets $25. I consider a check raise but only call. BB calls too.

Flop :4c::5c::7s:

Hero ......
I can see this turning into a smelly hand for hero...

Hero leads out for $75, BB raises to $200, V2 snap folds

Flop :4c: :5c: :7s:

River :7c:

Hero .........

Way too fast progress through the hand. Two-three hours from start to finish is not enough time.

bet flop, check/call turn, bet river / call raises. (would bet/jam river vs weaker villain.)

Jammity Jam. Then start getting a few more hundred bucks out of your wallet (rebuy) as you wait for showdown.

Under full might not be good, but villain could be overplaying a straight? Either way I’m getting the max if we are ahead or rebuying if beat.

Way too fast progress through the hand. Two-three hours from start to finish is not enough time.

bet flop, check/call turn, bet river / call raises. (would bet/jam river vs weaker villain.)

Sorry, I've been up since 9:00 AM yesterday and going to bed soon :yawn:

I tanked for a while but eventually just called. My decision was call or fold and I just couldn't find the fold for $125 more. I never considered raising due to the non-nut character of my hand. I thought BB might be overplaying the nut flush, but I had seen her fold earlier when the board flushed and she seemed competent. She rolled over 55 for the bigger boat. She told me she didn't go all in because she was worried I might have :6c::8c:.

In retrospect, if I had donk bet the flop, I may have gotten enough information to find a fold, but more likely would have lost my entire stack. The 4 card straight on the turn slowed us both down and V2 checked behind so I don't think she had a straight either - probably a non-nut flush draw. We were both hoping for a paired board, and unfortunately, I got what I wished for. The fact that the river also completed the flush definitely influenced my call.

Can anyone else find a fold here ??

I tanked for a while but eventually just called. My decision was call or fold and I just couldn't find the fold for $125 more. I never considered raising due to the non-nut character of my hand. I thought BB might be overplaying the nut flush, but I had seen her fold earlier when the board flushed and she seemed competent. She rolled over 55 for the bigger boat. She told me she didn't go all in because she was worried I might have :6c::8c:.

In retrospect, if I had donk bet the flop, I may have gotten enough information to find a fold, but more likely would have lost my entire stack. The 4 card straight on the turn slowed us both down and V2 checked behind so I don't think she had a straight either - probably a non-nut flush draw. We were both hoping for a paired board, and unfortunately, I got what I wished for. The fact that the river also completed the flush definitely influenced my call.

Can anyone else find a fold here ??

Never finding a fold here, but never raising either.

I donk bet vast majority of the time on the flop, and check raise the rest of the time.

For the times you are facing an over pair you need to get as much money in on the flop before a bad scare card like the turn 8 would shut them down thinking you were on a draw.

A check raise will look like a big draw a lot of the time and will get calls or even 4 bet by a big pocket pair.

A smallish donk bet will often look like you are trying to set your own price to draw and can induce a raise by a big pocket pair.

Over all getting more money in early is better. This time it would have cost you your stack, but that should happen in set over set flops. That’s why we bring more than one buy-in!

I think the fact she just raised and didn't go all in influenced my call too. Had she shoved I might have found a reluctant fold.

For those advocating a donk on the flop, what other hands would you include in the donk lead range?

I never donk, so I'm genuinely interested to know. I feel like I need to work on my game in annoying out of position spots like this.

For those advocating a donk on the flop, what other hands would you include in the donk lead range?

I never donk, so I'm genuinely interested to know. I feel like I need to work on my game in annoying out of position spots like this.

All 2 pair+ hands. Big combo hands like A6cc, flopped straight. Low coordinated flops hit a preflop callers range a lot more than a preflop raises range. They are more likely to check back for pot control, especially multi way. I want to get them to put money in while they feel they may have the best hand.

Low coordinated flops hit a preflop callers range a lot more than a preflop raises range. They are more likely to check back for pot control, especially multi way. I want to get them to put money in while they feel they may have the best hand.
OK, I 'm never playing with you even if (or especially if) I win a big lottery in the meantime:LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom