What video games are you playing? (5 Viewers)

There is only one video game played at my house........
2B68F028-56E0-4E72-B634-B2A1F6AEAB85.jpeg

Definitely the best video game of the Williams family and probably ever created IMO. Defender (Also from the Williams family) is a close second.

I've been playing a decent amount of PGA Tour 2K21 since I haven't been wanting to golf in the cold. I am thinking of getting Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity when it comes out in November. I downloaded the Switch demo for it the other day and it seems pretty fun.

I tried to get into Persona 5 but despite me enjoying JRPGs and turn-based RPGs in general, I just couldn't get into it. I'll stick to my Dragon Quest series instead for my JRPG fix ;)
How is 2K21?

How is 2K21?
Really good. The difficulty settings allow you to really change a ton of options so you can make it as easy or difficult as you want. There are tons of courses available because the previous version courses can be transferred over also - I'd have to assume 100s are out there while new ones are being uploaded all the time. The course design feature is crazy fun too if you're into that sort of thing.

It was Robotron, Galaga or Tempest at the local pizza joint. My favorites were Robotron and Galaga, but any of the three is fine.

Yeah, it is the only video game I’ve ever “completed” (100%). Then I eventually did it again on ‘normal’ difficulty, and then started the ‘100 game challenge’ (complete it in 100 games or less), but that was less fun. I still pick it up again every once in a while.

Anyone know much about the google stadia console?

My nephew is wanting a console for Christmas and I don’t like him enough to spend £450 on a PS5 or XBox for him :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Stadia is only £80 a year but I don’t know much about it.

Sorry, old school. 80's arcade and pinball.

View attachment 564965
This game got me in trouble as a kid.

I got a little hooked on Donkey Kong and would sneak down to the neighborhood store and play for hours at a time. It eventually progressed to skipping school.

I got caught by a truant officer the second time I skipped, my parents were of course notified, and that was the end of my career as a pro Konger.

i picked up deathloop for the ps5 yesterday. so far, so good. it's definitely an arkane game.

I've been replaying The Witness (an all timer for me). Just picked up Understand, a puzzle game in the vein of the Witness though without the first person part.

I picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 on Steam sale for $17.99

I have to give a warning: You will want to play it on the easiest setting (story mode) or 2nd easiest (explorer mode) to start. In the beginning you are fairly brittle and decent gear is hard to come by. You'll find most encounters to be difficult, with enemies getting the drop on you where your party is all clumped up while they're spread out, allowing them to rain down effects on your entire party with better initiative. At least until you've gotten a handle on the game (you can adjust difficulty up to Classic mode on the fly)

BUT, if you do a LOT of research you'll figure out how to properly spec your characters and will be able to dish out the damage and enjoy the tactical combat. The game is not perfect, but it does a LOT right and is like a D&D sandbox (the studio behind this game is the one making Baldurs Gate 3) with various synergies (i.e. someone casts a water based spell and then follow up with air based to electrify the now wet enemies, or earth based to put oil on the ground and then pyro based to set it and any enemies standing there alight)

I'm only in the 2nd Act (there are 5) and there's supposed to be about 100 hours of gameplay here. I wound up getting a mod that allows you to have a party of 6 instead of just 4 (thus allowing me to bring along ALL the customized companions in the game that have their own origin stories and sidequests)

The voiced dialogue (especially the narrator) is phenomenal, and you really feel like you have a solid DM guiding you through various storylines. There's plenty of humor to be had as well, and I highly recommend you pickup the "Pet Pal" skill, which allows you to speak with animals you encounter in the game.

divinity.jpg

I picked up Divinity Original Sin 2 on Steam sale for $17.99

I have to give a warning: You will want to play it on the easiest setting (story mode) or 2nd easiest (explorer mode) to start. In the beginning you are fairly brittle and decent gear is hard to come by. You'll find most encounters to be difficult, with enemies getting the drop on you where your party is all clumped up while they're spread out, allowing them to rain down effects on your entire party with better initiative. At least until you've gotten a handle on the game (you can adjust difficulty up to Classic mode on the fly)

BUT, if you do a LOT of research you'll figure out how to properly spec your characters and will be able to dish out the damage and enjoy the tactical combat. The game is not perfect, but it does a LOT right and is like a D&D sandbox (the studio behind this game is the one making Baldurs Gate 3) with various synergies (i.e. someone casts a water based spell and then follow up with air based to electrify the now wet enemies, or earth based to put oil on the ground and then pyro based to set it and any enemies standing there alight)

I'm only in the 2nd Act (there are 5) and there's supposed to be about 100 hours of gameplay here. I wound up getting a mod that allows you to have a party of 6 instead of just 4 (thus allowing me to bring along ALL the customized companions in the game that have their own origin stories and sidequests)

The voiced dialogue (especially the narrator) is phenomenal, and you really feel like you have a solid DM guiding you through various storylines. There's plenty of humor to be had as well, and I highly recommend you pickup the "Pet Pal" skill, which allows you to speak with animals you encounter in the game.

View attachment 836518
I always want to like this style of RPG more than I end up liking it. Last one of this type I played was the first Dragon Age. I played it for about 30 hours before I just moved on. I think it's mostly to do with the time investment per session needed. I just can't spare the time for long sessions anymore. And without that constant engagement, I just end up not playing the games again.

Same thing happened to me with Disco Elysium, and I think that game is phenomenal.

I've been playing an indie metroidvania called Grime for the past week or so. If you're into that genre, it's a great entry that also borrows a lot from the "Soulslike" action RPG genre, including the challenge. The third boss took me probably 30 tries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom