SOLD Raffle- CPC Gangster Squad Cash set, Grand Victoria Secondary Tourney Set, & 20x Horseshoe 25k (1 Viewer)

How many tickets?

• 100 tickets @ $40 each

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • 50 tickets @ $80 each

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to this point. The response and support is amazing! Almost halfway there after less then 24 hours!

I took a quick picture of the extra's that I added to the raffle and put it on the first post. I think I've got some other stuff I will throw in too once I find it :)

Being a fellow "Mobster / Mafia" themed host, I've sent you $40 for raffle, + $20 for deductible.

Now, if I win, you keep the chips, & GET BETTER!

John

in for $40 paypal sent, you keep it all

but if i win, you send me 1 of the 25,000 horseshoe chips for a 1 week rental so i can see and feel it, then i will retrun it to you, promise...

i had a similar heath scare 2 weeks back, it does put things in perspective and makes you appreciate the things in life that really matter...take care dan (y) :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I am having some cash issues right now which is why I didn't pull the trigger on the Horseshoe tournament set I desperately want. I work in the medical field and see the toll different diseases and the cost of care puts on families. I don't want your chips (well I do, but I wouldn't take them). I am sending you $20 via paypal. I am sorry it's not much, but hope it helps and hope you get well.

Unfortunately I am having some cash issues right now which is why I didn't pull the trigger on the Horseshoe tournament set I desperately want. I work in the medical field and see the toll different diseases and the cost of care puts on families. I don't want your chips (well I do, but I wouldn't take them). I am sending you $20 via paypal. I am sorry it's not much, but hope it helps and hope you get well.

Every amount helps. There have been quite a few generous people like yourself that have sent $20 by itself or in addition to the raffle. I'm keeping track of all the extra and applying it towards hitting the 4k I need for the medical bills so we are down to only needing 90 tickets total for the raffle which means we are over halfway there!

Thank you everyone!

Just an update for those who were wondering. I met with an endocrinologist today and we went over my scan and bloodwork results. The hyperactive thyroid I have is Graves Disease which is an autoimmune version. He gave me a few different options for how it can be treated (surgery or two different medication routes). I decided to go with the medication/radiation route which means I'll be getting an Iodine 131 radioactive pill which will target my Thyroid and stop it from producing anything anymore. Two or three months after it shuts down I'll get tested for my thyroid hormone level and then they'll start me on a synthetic thyroid medicine which I'll need to be on for the rest of my life. I'm just thankful it's nothing worse then this.

I'm also very thankful for the great friends and community that I have here at PCF :).

That being said... Who wants a raffle ticket?!

Just an update for those who were wondering. I met with an endocrinologist today and we went over my scan and bloodwork results. The hyperactive thyroid I have is Graves Disease which is an autoimmune version. He gave me a few different options for how it can be treated (surgery or two different medication routes). I decided to go with the medication/radiation route which means I'll be getting an Iodine 131 radioactive pill which will target my Thyroid and stop it from producing anything anymore. Two or three months after it shuts down I'll get tested for my thyroid hormone level and then they'll start me on a synthetic thyroid medicine which I'll need to be on for the rest of my life. I'm just thankful it's nothing worse then this.

I'm also very thankful for the great friends and community that I have here at PCF :).

very glad to hear it's a fully treatable condition!

in for ticket 49 & 50 if available please (if i win i will only need 17 gv $25 and 20 gv $100 (you can keep the rest for you )
and i wish you a quick recovery :)

just back from Vegas, so I am kinda poor again, so only 1 entry, but it is all I need. Sucks Cheese, but good it is treatable.

BiGGyT

Updated the raffle to this point I believe. If I missed adding you to the list or missed marking paid on the first post please let me know.

I added more pictures of everything you will win with the raffle.

I also added a side raffle which will have a different winner then the main raffle. In order to be eligible for the side raffle you need to purchase two or entries for the main raffle.

My wife has Graves disease and had the iodine pill. She has to take synthroid for the rest of her life, and she has to get blood work like 1-2x a year to make sure her levels are right, expecially when she was pregnant. It's great that your doctors found out what it was rather quickly. My wife was sick for a year since doctors kept misdiagnosing it. She used to have heart palpitations, tremors, extreme fatigue, temp flucs, and every other symptom that it can affect. She's fine now, but will be on synthroid for the rest of your life. There are some really good books out there on how to live with hypo/hyper-thyroidism....but since you're doing the radioiodine treatment, you prob will be back to normal rather quickly.

One thing is, we have to pay for the synthroid name brand since the generic still produces some side effects. But it's not too expensive. Right now she takes 88mcg daily and 3 months supply is $120. The generic is $5 for same supply.

My wife has Graves disease and had the iodine pill. She has to take synthroid for the rest of her life, and she has to get blood work like 1-2x a year to make sure her levels are right, expecially when she was pregnant. It's great that your doctors found out what it was rather quickly. My wife was sick for a year since doctors kept misdiagnosing it. She used to have heart palpitations, tremors, extreme fatigue, temp flucs, and every other symptom that it can affect. She's fine now, but will be on synthroid for the rest of your life. There are some really good books out there on how to live with hypo/hyper-thyroidism....but since you're doing the radioiodine treatment, you prob will be back to normal rather quickly.

One thing is, we have to pay for the synthroid name brand since the generic still produces some side effects. But it's not too expensive. Right now she takes 88mcg daily and 3 months supply is $120. The generic is $5 for same supply.

I count myself lucky that I didn't have to go a whole year with misdiagnosing. That must have been terrible for her! Glad to hear she is doing well now after the same treatment that I'll be getting. What kind of side effects was she getting with the generic? My mom had troubles with a generic version of a medicine so her doctor wrote a letter to her insurance to try to get the name brand covered (only generic was covered). They made her try two other generics but when the side effects were the same they went ahead and covered the name brand. Might be worth a shot to see if your insurance would do something like that.

Yeah my wife's doctor was suppose to add the name brand to the list for her ans there was a few times the refill was free, but sometimes its not and they don't know why. Maybe it has to be updated each time.

Some of the side effects she has from generic is she'll still have a lil tremors, some nauseau, and she just feels "off" she knows it's the generic since she doesn't have any of those with the name brand anymore.

I count myself lucky that I didn't have to go a whole year with misdiagnosing. That must have been terrible for her! Glad to hear she is doing well now after the same treatment that I'll be getting. What kind of side effects was she getting with the generic? My mom had troubles with a generic version of a medicine so her doctor wrote a letter to her insurance to try to get the name brand covered (only generic was covered). They made her try two other generics but when the side effects were the same they went ahead and covered the name brand. Might be worth a shot to see if your insurance would do something like that.

Dan, sorry about your misfortune. Not really on a soapbox, but who calls these health plans affordable? The self-employed got screwed on that hastily approved piece of legislation.

In for one. PM to follow.

Hey Dan, very sorry to hear! All the best to you - in for two tickets, money and PM to follow.

Two tickets paid....so actually one number less available!!:whistle: :whistling:

Hurry up guys...almost no more spots left....

Last edited:
Dan, sorry about your misfortune. Not really on a soapbox, but who calls these health plans affordable? The self-employed got screwed on that hastily approved piece of legislation.

In for one. PM to follow.

Yeah its crazy how expensive it is for self insured people. I went from a 1k deductible for 150 a month to over 450 if I had wanted to keep the same plane and deductible.

I believe I've added everyone up to this point. Thanks for the kind words and support! :)

Updated the first post. If we can just get up to 75 entries I have a buddy that said he might be willing to buy 15 entries to help reach the 4k mark. With the extra that people have sent we only need to get up to 90 to hit the mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom