My Man Cave Remodel (4 Viewers)

Some pics from this weekend.

5514_1.jpg

5514_2.jpg

5514_3.jpg

wet_bar.jpg

Thanks. Made some changes along the way. I was going to do tile in the bathroom and wet bar area but ended up using DuPont 25 year luxury sheet vinyl instead. I was afraid the grout would crack with the tiny bit of movement in some areas of the TyRoc subfloor. I thought about tiling directly to the slab, but then I would of had to rip out the subfloor.

I decided to use a pedestal sink in the bathroom so I sold the Granite top vanity and cabinet today on Craisglist. Only took 2 hrs to sell it! They picked it up this morning.

After my granite connection fell through, I was going to do a laminate counter top for the wet bar. Well, I scrapped that and went with granite from a local place that has remnants. $280 with one finished round over edge and the hole for the sink. I have a Frankie drop in bar sink. We are making the template on Monday and I should have the counter the next day.

So what's left to do?

• Paint all the doors, trim, baseboards, windowsills, and stairs.
  • Install the shower doors, toilet, sink, and wet bar counter.
  • Prep for the carpet installers. The tackless and 2 transition strips has to be glued down using a polyurethane based construction adhesive per the TyRoc subfloor manufacturer. The 3 companies who gave me estimates said they never seen this TyRoc product before. I'll just do it myself to make sure its done right.

After the carpet is installed, I can move all the furniture stored in the unfinished side back into the office. That will give us room for doing all the plumbing. The wet bar and bathroom is accessible from the unfinished side.

I might go with this backsplash. Not sure if I am going to use the bullnosed half tiles for the side splashes. Might use the same as the backsplash.

20140511_154648.jpg

I like that refrigerator mine isent clear ; ( that backplash looks great

Wet bar counter is being made. Here is a sample...

granite_wetbar.jpg
My camera phone really washes out the color for some reason.

It's called crema terra granite. I think a black granite tile back splash would look good. Depot has them for $9 a sf. Going over there today with my sample piece.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.

Shower doors are in. I went with another brand pedestal sink after reading some bad reviews about the one I had.
This one will be here Friday. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015BJ6NK

The counter won't be ready until Friday either. The black granite tile was only $4.99 each (12x12) at Depot. I'm going to check out Lowes first to see what their black granite looks like before I buy. One is called absolute black and the other is galaxy black.

One more weekend to paint the doors, baseboards, and molding, etc. then I will be ready for carpets.

The new pedestal sink came in today. I'm going to dry fitted tonight to see where I need to put the blocking in the wall for mounting it. The wall is completely open on the other side in the laundry room. Then I have to prime and paint the side and bottom of the 2x4 rail that will support the wetbar counter. You would only see part of it if you looked under the counter. The frig hides most of it.

Sink came damaged. :( Contacted Amazon and they will have another one here this Monday with free shipping. They also refunded me the express shipping cost on the initial order. We don't need it until Monday so it all worked out.

20140516_214604.jpg 20140516_214629.jpg
scratches through the white finish

20140516_214652.jpg
cracked

The new sink came the other day. No damage. Going to be grouting the little bit of tile on the front of the shower base tonight. Still have caulking to do in there too.

20140519_134539.jpg

Some pics from today. Got the door knobs installed.

20140524_113222.jpg

20140524_113253.jpg

20140524_113310.jpg
20140524_113325.jpg
Magnetic catch for door under the steps.

20140524_113546.jpg
We will be installing the granite counter and back splash next week.

20140524_113445.jpg

This last week, I had 4 places come and measure for carpet to get estimates. (Home Depot, Empire, and 2 local places) They were all free except for Home Depot. They charge $30 but deduct it off the bill if you get carpet from them.

Lowes was suppose to come out to measure too, but the company they use dropped the ball so I cancelled it. They called me on Tuesday when we were painting and wanted to come measure right then. I told them that won't work. They said they would call me back within an hr to schedule another time. After 3 days, they never called me back so I called Lowes and cancelled it. They refunded my $35 for the measure.

My buddy had an Angie's List subscription so he checked out the 2 local places for me. Many negative reviews for both of them. Empire wanted an arm and a leg for an olefin fiber (cheap quality) berber carpet. After researching berber carpet and types of carpet fiber, 100% nylon berber is the way to go for me. Wool berber is the best but too pricy for the room.

We are going to HD tomorrow morning to pick a berber and schedule the install.

Need to pick a color. hmmmm....

carp_close1.jpgcarp_close2.jpg
carp_flash.jpgcarp_noflash.jpg

20140525_104441.jpg
This is what the wet bar counter will look like next to the black granite tile. Its hard to get good pics of the granite with my phone. :(

I wouldn't get a super whitish color for the carpet. More of a beige so it won't show every spec of dirt as easily and wear from where you walk.

We narrowed it down to these three.

carp_noflash3.jpg

Carpet is ordered. SoftSpring Memorable II berber in Urban Taupe. (2nd row - right in the pic above)
It's a 100% Royal Premiere SuperSoft BCF Nylon Carpet with a 25-year wear warranty; 10-year stain and soil warranty

Once it comes in on 6/3 I can schedule the install. Probably get it done on 6/9 or 6/10. Maybe sooner.

Nice any updates on what's done ,) I want to see the room lol

All I did today is get the counter top into the basement with the help of my neighbor. We normally work on the basement on Mon and Tues.

20140531_120518.jpg

Got the counter installed. Decided to use the same granite for the back and side splashes instead of the black granite tiles. I ordered it today.

uploadfromtaptalk1401767045400.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.

Looks great if I may ask how much money have u spent so far ?

Too much! LOL Around $14k. (plus or minus $500) For 900 Sq Ft of brand new construction, adding a full bath & wetbar, new section sofa and end tables, 70" TV, and bar fridge. There is nothing else left to buy but another case of beer. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom