How many small STT can you lose in a row before you should think, "Hey, I'm not very good at poker?" (1 Viewer)

So, obviously my refence to Henson Mob was a typo and I meant to say Hendon Mob.

However, having made that mistake I think I love the phrase. Most mobs are also angry groups of muppets. Muppet happens to be one of my favorite pejorative terms for unthinking people with their main animating feature being a hand up their butt. I’m going to start using this phrase as a meme and see if it catches on.

Example: I can’t wait until the next NAGB or Chip Room sales when the Henson Mob shows up to protest flipping or slow internet connections or time zones or exchange rates or the general unfairness of it all.

Other things to consider:
  • maybe the tourney structure is bad
  • maybe the player is playing stakes he (or she) is not accustomed to
  • maybe the other players are complete dipshits who are just getting lucky
  • maybe the player is going through some challenges in his (or her) personal life, and doesn't want to talk about it
  • maybe it's online so the games are obviously #RIGGED

Other things to consider:
  • maybe the tourney structure is bad
  • maybe the player is playing stakes he (or she) is not accustomed to
  • maybe the other players are complete dipshits who are just getting lucky
  • maybe the player is going through some challenges in his (or her) personal life, and doesn't want to talk about it
  • maybe it's online so the games are obviously #RIGGED
Option 3 most likely applies to one of the players. I’m almost certain of it.

I've know I sucked at poker for over 20 years now. I still play. I pretty much suck at everything I do though.
If only the best song birds sang the forest would be awfully quite

He probably has room for improvement, yes. Especially adapting to short hand vs full table tournaments. Nobody likes sitting and watching two other people play, so maybe he’s calling way to much and overvaluing his Face/x hands.

So, obviously my refence to Henson Mob was a typo and I meant to say Hendon Mob.

However, having made that mistake I think I love the phrase. Most mobs are also angry groups of muppets. Muppet happens to be one of my favorite pejorative terms for unthinking people with their main animating feature being a hand up their butt. I’m going to start using this phrase as a meme and see if it catches on.

Example: I can’t wait until the next NAGB or Chip Room sales when the Henson Mob shows up to protest flipping or slow internet connections or time zones or exchange rates or the general unfairness of it all.
New game. Henson mob.

Players dealt three cards. Inital betting round

Two community cards dealt. Second betting round.

All players discard one card from their hand in order of action which immediately becomes a community card. (The "muppet mob"). One final round of betting.

New game. Henson mob.

All players discard one card from their hand in order of action which immediately becomes a community card. (The "muppet mob"). One final round of betting.
My God, It’s Brilliant!

IMG_6994.png

Hosting circus night tonight. Should I try an orbit? Sounds like it'd be a beautiful shit show.
So wait, everyone is adding a card to the board? You could theoretically have an 10 card board (assuming 6-handed)?

Like 1% of the general population makes a living from playing poker and only a fraction of that 1% makes a living specifically from tournament poker. That’s with all things being ideal (bankroll management, tournament structure, time dedicated to studying, etc…)

Losing a bunch of short-handed turbo tourneys when you are playing recreationally is to be expected. Assuming all players have the same general level of experience, you’d have a better chance of winning if you were just flipping quarters.

New game. Henson mob.

Two minor improvements:

~ all players simultaneously discard face down, and dealer takes all discards and deals the mob flop in one motion (will play much quicker, and with no position-based bias)

~ players must use both hole cards to make their hand (avoids all players having the exact same quads-ace-kicker hand on the board)

I tried to get my guys to play this game last night.

"Mrcatpants, we aren't just going to play some stupid game you made up earlier."

"But every game was just something someone made up. This could be the next big thing! Why can't I make a game."

"Grumble grumble grumble."

It probably didn't help that I was wearing a medal that plays "you're the best around" from the karate kid that I would turn on everytime I scooped a pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom