Coming Soon!!! (5 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aaand...done. 500pc tourney set with blues ordered for the $5k's. Lord knows I don't need them, but dude...twenty-nine cents!

I can't believe how tortured I am about ordering these. I know they are inexpensive, but they still cost money. I finally freed up enough money to get a set but I am struggling with pulling the trigger without seeing prototypes/samples first. I took the plunge when the Pharaohs group buy happened and don't regret that purchase one bit. In fact I still use them as my travel tourney set and love em. I didn't jump on the CPS chips and after getting samples, I am kinda glad I didn't get a set (no offense to anyone intended). So here we are with another sight unseen sale where my decision wavers with every passing minute. I am hoping for some photos of prototypes sometime soon. This goes against everything we're taught here...get samples first!! :confused::eek:. I mean J5's mockup look awesome, but it is tough to drop $300+ on hopes (for blanks with labels cause those yellows and black are sweet but I play cash games). Crap...what to do.

Does anyone know when the next price increase will happen?

Maybe I'll just buy a new baitcasting reel and end the agony. :D

@72o, i'm planning on a set of these, but am holding out until samples are available. i'm in agreement with regard to the CPS chips. they look great, but i don't care for how they handle and of course would have had no way of knowing how they feel prior to taking delivery. i'm find with a modest price increase following the availability of samples. to me it's well worth it.

@72o, i'm planning on a set of these, but am holding out until samples are available. i'm in agreement with regard to the CPS chips. they look great, but i don't care for how they handle and of course would have had no way of knowing how they feel prior to taking delivery. i'm find with a modest price increase following the availability of samples. to me it's well worth it.

Yeah I think you're right about waiting. I just hope the money doesn't disappear before then. Did Josh mention how much the chips will cost once in stock?

Good evening everybody ( it is 7.30 pm here in Belgium )

I found the apache site this day, and I am looking for good 10g poker chips to make poker at home with friends.

I hesitate between 2 types of chips :

1) Pharaoh's poker chips
http://www.apachepokerchips.com/pharaohs-poker-chips.html

2) Majestic poker chips
http://www.apachepokerchips.com/majestic-poker-chips.html

for this one, can you confirm it is also 10g chips ? and by denomination / label, do you mean that we can see the number/value of the chip at the middle of the circle? like when we read : majestic card room 25$ ?

Thanks for your answer. I will order when I get info ;-)

If I had to guess I'd think it'd be around the $.34 per chip so not that much of an increase. That might be wrong as the 100 set is at $.32 / chip. I ordered 1,000 and am going to have to do half of the labels myself as I wanted the yellow $20 (hoping that it hits the level so I don't have to do those), $.05 and different $.25. I also wanted blue $1's but wasn't going to add those to the labeling project. I would think if you get them now and don't like them you should be able to pretty much break even.

This is the first time I've opened this thread. I must say, I'm tempted by these chips. But with no disrespect to those who love them, I really didn't like the CPS chips which make me a little gunshy here. The quality, and feel of the CPS chips did not live up to my expectations. Having square (or more square) edges and less cross hatching would help. Still gun shy. Might have to wait for samples too.

This is the first time I've opened this thread. I must say, I'm tempted by these chips. But with no disrespect to those who love them, I really didn't like the CPS chips which make me a little gunshy here. The quality, and feel of the CPS chips did not live up to my expectations. Having square (or more square) edges and less cross hatching would help. Still gun shy. Might have to wait for samples too.

Some people were disappointed with the CPS chips, but I haven't heard of anyone who couldn't sell them for what they paid for them. I don't think you'll be sorry if you buy these in the presale.

Can you tell me ( I am not english native speaking ) if we can order chips and choose color and denomination we want ?

For exemple if I want 850 chips and I want

200 chips with the writen majestic card room 25$ in blue is that possible ?
200 chips with the writen majestic card room 500$ in yellow is that possible ?

In other words a custom color set with the value we choose ?

ps: can you confirm it is ceramic 10g chips ?

Thanks again and great job on those, I find them really beautiful !

Can you tell me ( I am not english native speaking ) if we can order chips and choose color and denomination we want ?

For exemple if I want 850 chips and I want

200 chips with the writen majestic card room 25$ in blue is that possible ?
200 chips with the writen majestic card room 500$ in yellow is that possible ?

In other words a custom color set with the value we choose ?

ps: can you confirm it is ceramic 10g chips ?

Thanks again and great job on those, I find them really beautiful !

You can order blank chips with no labels, and order the labels you want to use as separate items and apply them yourself. I don't think the factory is assembling custom combinations, but the components to do so yourself will be available for purchase.

The chips are not ceramic material. They are approximately 10g, and made of material similar to the Pharaoh's chips (commonly referred to as 'china clay').

Thank you BGinGA.

oki so 10g. So if I understand correctly :

1) I can purchase by writing :

A) Blank Majestic Chips $100 - 100 ( I will receive 100 black chips without denomination ) and I add : $25 label - 100. I will then receive 100 stickers/labels with the majestic card room $25 that I can use and glue on those black chips am I right ?

2) I can buy everything already ready like described on the site

I just have to write :

B) Chips with denomination $100 Labels - 100 and I will receive 100 chips ( black ) with the label majestic card room $100 writen on it right ? ( everything will already be glued ( i will not have to do it myself )) right ?

Thanks again for your answers.

ps : what would you use to glue the label on the chip ? is it a sticker to take from the paper and to apply on the chip with predefined outline/contours ?

Have a nice day ^^

I am nearly ready to purchase ^^

Thank you BGinGA.

oki so 10g. So if I understand correctly :

1) I can purchase by writing :

A) Blank Majestic Chips $100 - 100 ( I will receive 100 black chips without denomination ) and I add : $25 label - 100. I will then receive 100 stickers/labels with the majestic card room $25 that I can use and glue on those black chips am I right ?

I just have to write :

B) Chips with denomination $100 Labels - 100 and I will receive 100 chips ( black ) with the label majestic card room $100 writen on it right ? ( everything will already be glued ( i will not have to do it myself )) right ?

Thanks again for your answers.

ps : what would you use to glue the label on the chip ? is it a sticker to take from the paper and to apply on the chip with predefined outline/contours ?

Have a nice day ^^

I am nearly ready to purchase ^^

Correct, but remember that there are two sides to a chip, so for 100 chips you'll need 200 labels. So many people overlook this simple fact...

And yes, the labels are self-adhesive (or stickers). So no glue required.

Yes you are right Bloody Marvelous, I forgot that fact.... 100 chips - 2 sides so 200 labels to order if we choose a different color chip.

and a small additional question ( again lol ) aside... I suppose that those majestic chips ( with self-adhesive labels ), are different to the pharaoh chips proposed by Apache which don't have any self adhesive labels on them right ? That explains the difference in price I guess then ? Pharaoh are also 10g.

Thanks again!

The price difference can have many reasons like the custom mold that was created for the Pharaohs, a different manufacturer, or because each chip has a different edgespot design.

APC can answer that better than I can :).

Yes Bloody Marvelous but can you confirm that on the pharaoh there are NO ADHESIVE stickers on the chips ? each chip is made in one piece ? ( could have a longer time life then according to me ( adhesive sticker could detach with time) )

thx

Yes Bloody Marvelous but can you confirm that on the pharaoh there are NO ADHESIVE stickers on the chips ? each chip is made in one piece ? ( could have a longer time life then according to me ( adhesive sticker could detach with time) )

thx

Sorry, can't confirm or deny. I don't have any of these chips.

The pharaohs have adhesive labels too. That's a common feature to all China Clay chips. Still, delamination isn't a very common complaint, and can often be fixed with some glue.

If you want a one piece chip, you have to go with ceramics or true compressive molded clay (paulson, cpc/asm, bcc, tr king)

If/when you place the order for blanks just state the color and quantity you want, do the value labels separately. So I would order like this; 100 blank - black, 200 $25 labels.

Bear in mind that this is a pre-sale. These chips are not yet produced. You can order them now, but it will be several months before you receive them.

If you choose to wait until after they are produced, the price will be higher - there is currently a discount for those who wish to pre-order.

The labels are pre-cut adhesive stickers on sheets; simply peel and stick. I find it best to apply these kinds of labels with a pair of pointed tweezers; it makes it easier to perfectly line up the sticker in the center of the chip before pressing down, and I feel the adhesive will work better if not sticking to my finger, first.

Note also that the adhesives used for such things are pressure-sensitive; they will adhere better if you squeeze them hard after application. One of the problems with cheaper China chips is that the labels sometimes come off easily, never having been squeezed well. Strong fingers do the trick, as does a rubber roller, if you can press hard enough for it to work on the inside edge of the chip recess.

Thank you Mental Nomad ! Good to know I can still benefit a discount with pre order ! It is a good price for me ( not too much not too less for good chips according to all the posts I read from you guys )

I will normally make my order tonight for 850 chips.

I am still working on the number of chips of each value, the color I want, and then the correct labels to plan my games with friends. I will come on this forum to present it to you to get your advices.

Expect a post tonight ;-) ( it is 6.00pm here )

China just sent me these pictures. I am very happy with them so far. I have requested to have hard samples sent so I can make a better review and see if we need to make any changes.
They are coming along faster than I expected and hope to have them in the states in November. Prices will be going up by 10% 6/26/15.
Order here http://www.apachepokerchips.com/majestic-poker-chips.htmlET-10 chips-MAJESTIC 2  150617.jpg ET-10 chips 150617.jpg ET-10 chips-MAJESTIC 3  150617.jpg

The bevel on the corner is looking just right, to my taste... and I suspect the texture on the label that we see in the flash is going to feel really good in our hands.

I'm happier than expected with the green; less happy about the purple... looking forward to your report when seeing these with eyes, and not in a photo!

I'd almost like to see the purple v and base flipped. The white looks fantastic and it was one of the chips I didn't really like in the draft. Everything else is about what I expected. Overall a great start! Curious how the samples will be and hopefully they don't have the thickness error that was on the CPS. Very excited I placed an order now!

Only issue I see is that the orange chip in the background looks like there is a issue with the edge spots and that they bleed/run into each other. But I think it's just a defect in that one chip as all other edges look to be good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom