Coming Soon!!! (2 Viewers)

Which purple? See post #373 for current photos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also applaud the efforts.
With only ten total chips/designs, compromises & tough decisions had to be made. Currency marker or no? Seperate tourney labels/combinations or no? What edge spot colors to use? Orange or brown 5k? The list goes on. It would have been impossible for Josh to make this set cater to everyone's preferences, but he's been REMARKABLY responsive to feedback and has done a bang-up job making this a viable set that appeals to a wide swath of folks.

Josh, thanks for your efforts and your patience! Hopefully the community rewards you with good business :)

And J5 - dude...still the man.

*claps*

If there is enough demand (at least 5000 chips) I can add additional denominations using one of the ten colors.
Denominated or NCV labels will be available for those of you who would like $.05 or $20.

Sounds like he is willing to make some of the compromises if there is enough interest. ? With the blanks being available it also sounds like you can configure any color combinations you would like. Josh can you verify that you will also be stocking factory labels to go on the blanks for those who would for example prefer a blue $1? I will also put in my request for 200 $.05. Only 4800 more to go. Might I also make the suggestion that you just do those as labels for those who want the odd chips otherwise we will all be trying to compromise on the color that. I don't think I'll enjoy labeling some 600 chips but at least that way I don't have to compromise and I could have a unique set that fits all my needs.

While most of the things I've liked throughout the process have not happened I think that is part of the compromise that everyone has to make on stock sets. Thanks for all your efforts Josh and giving us all a chance to speak throughout the process!!! Great job J5!

We are just starting to create the mold now so I will start the pre-sale in the next few days. Prices will be around $.29 for chips with labels and $.28 for blanks. I will be selling lables also but not sure how much they will be yet. I am hoping to have them ready for shipment in six months.

For more information visit this page
http://www.apachepokerchips.com/majestic-poker-chips.html

Last edited:
Josh, any chance to update the OP with the final round of mock ups? It'll be easier for those who want to order to find and decide which chips we want

I will be starting the pre-order this weekend. I told the factory to make the edges more square and to either get rid of the cross hatching or reduce it.
To get the best price order early. On 5/25/15 I will take the prices up and will continue to have periodic price increases until delivery.

Great job on this project. I saved the pre-order webpage. Viewing the page, I'd say you have a lot of options to offer as well. I'm close to buying a set even though I don't need any more chips: They are that good! Best of luck with sales on these. I think they will be a big winner.

I was looking at getting a cash set of these but I have a question...maybe someone can answer who has a CPS set. I love having quarters and fiddies in play at the same time but I am worried about the the chips in this lineup being too close in color? Should I be concerned? It's a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

I was looking at getting a cash set of these but I have a question...maybe someone can answer who has a CPS set. I love having quarters and fiddies in play at the same time but I am worried about the the chips in this lineup being too close in color? Should I be concerned? It's a deal breaker for me unfortunately.
You can get the factory labels and use any color you'd like.
I'm going make blue $1 and yellow $20.
Just have to figure out the $.05. I was having the same debate about the colors. Haven't figured it out yet but haven't thought that hard about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 72o
Is there a list somewhere with the denoms available for factory labels, or can we ask for whatever we want?

Personally, I would love to be able to order:
1/2 - instead of $.50 or 50¢ for small blinds in my dollar game
1/4 - instead of $.25 or 25¢
1/8 - for small blinds in my quarters micro game

Am also considering just a 1/2 with no currency symbol - to use as a variable small blind to any other chip - could be a bit (half quarter), a half dollar, or even a snapper to a $5.

If there is enough demand (at least 5000 chips) I can add additional denominations using one of the ten colors.
Denominated or NCV labels will be available for those of you who would like $.05 or $20.

Maybe if you buy 5,000 of each he'll let you do the 1/2, 1/4, 1/8

Maybe if you buy 5,000 of each he'll let you do the 1/2, 1/4, 1/8

That's to have the labels applied in China as part of the order.

The minimums for print runs of labels to be delivered separate are liable to be smaller... but that only helps if they're open to producing the art.

Also, I'd love to see the blank/NCV art - if necessary, I'll resort to using a blank as my 1/2, but I hate "NCV" actually written on a cash check.

Has anyone ordered any blanks and labels? Listed on the purchase page are 25 labels, 100 labels and 500 labels. Is this labels for 25 chips, 100 chips and 500 chips? Or do i have to buy 2 sets of 500 labels for 500 chips?

Why would someone buy 25 labels i guess is what brought about my confusion.

I've exchanged emails with Josh about this; 25 chips will require 50 labels.

As to why they sell 25 labels, I'll guess it's a convenient number given how they print. It's probably a good thing to order a few extra labels, anyway, for those that get messed up by accident during application, or may get damaged in the future (such as being sliced off by a chip rack.) These labels are very inexpensive compared to custom-printed labels made over here - these range from 5 to 8 cents per label, depending on how many you order.

I've exchanged emails with Josh about this; 25 chips will require 50 labels.

As to why they sell 25 labels, I'll guess it's a convenient number given how they print. It's probably a good thing to order a few extra labels, anyway, for those that get messed up by accident during application, or may get damaged in the future (such as being sliced off by a chip rack.) These labels are very inexpensive compared to custom-printed labels made over here - these range from 5 to 8 cents per label, depending on how many you order.

Thank you. It's what I figured but was hoping to save $50 and not have to buy (4) sets of 500 labels for a 1000 chip set. :D

Thank you. It's what I figured but was hoping to save $50 and not have to buy (4) sets of 500 labels for a 1000 chip set. :D

What colors are you labeling? I had thought that if we got to 5,000 of a color value combo they could be factory labels. Not sure if I misunderstood that in his original posting about the sale. I only ask because I'm looking to do labels myself and would love to not have to put 2,000 labels on myself.

I'd like to do a semi-custom set of these. Are the blanks going to be suitable for use with Gear's labels, or some other vendor?

Well, since I don't sell anything from Apache, I can't answer that one. But I have been assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that Josh plans to have these made to similar dimensions as PGI's CPS chips, which ~mostly~ fit 66.7 racks (Paulson, Chipco, etc.).

But every china clay chip I've ever seen has had a recess deep enough to handle the laminated labels that come from the factory, and most aftermarket laminated labels also fit.

Here are all the styles that will be available. Price will go up a little on 5/26.
Order here http://www.apachepokerchips.com/majestic-poker-chips.html
ap_cm_maj_inlay_final.png

850 chips is also what is able to be shipped in one box domestically? And I would assume adding on labels won't change that?

Order placed, looking forward to these... now let me forget all about them until they show up at my door on Christmas Eve (hopefully of 2015 ;) )

850 chips is also what is able to be shipped in one box domestically? And I would assume adding on labels won't change that?

Not necessarily - weight limit on internationally-shipped FRBs is lower than domestic, and I'm pretty sure it's weight, not size, that is the limiting factor in play there.

20 lbs max international, 75 lbs max domestic. It's not weight that limits the number of chips mailed domestically (but it is the limiting factor internationally).

Put in order for 800 micro cash set. Thanks!

Wish there was a 1 cent label :).

Oh no... I made the mistake of putting pcf in the comments... where is that ban hammer...

What do I do in this case? Wait it out or kill payment and resend?

Last edited:
Oh no... I made the mistake of putting pcf in the comments... where is that hammer...

What do I do in this case? Wait it out or kill payment and resend?
Don't think you can kill the payment yourself... Apache will have to do it or you'll have to wait it out.

Don't think you can kill the payment yourself... Apache will have to do it or you'll have to wait it out.
Looks like payment got approved already. That was quick.

Nothing to see here... move along :). I got too excited I guess. Chips do that to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom