Barrington poker table thread (9 Viewers)

What they said.

The adapter that comes with it has a very short cord, so a battery pack is the only really practical option.

But I bought it for the bump in build quality, so I probably won't use the lights often if at all.

Finally finished my upgrade!
Replaced the blue felt with the reverse platinum suited speed felt from https://www.texaspokersupply.com/store
Replaced the useless cupholders with deeper and wider cupholders from amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/YH-Poker-Jum...fix=yuanhe+10+jumbo+cup+holder,aps,177&sr=8-2

For these cupholders, using a 3 5/8 in hole saw bit worked perfectly.
I was lucky to not run into any problems with having to cut the crossbar below to make space for any of the cupholders.
My only other lingering idea for a mod is adding USB ports for phone charging. But I despise phone use at the table when it slows play, so I may need to think about it longer before I pull the trigger.

20231216_222515.jpg
20231216_222519.jpg

Attachments

• 20231216_222506.jpg
    20231216_222506.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 72
Just sold my original blue felt table to my friend. Used that to buy the $160 LED Barrington table. Thanks for putting me on that

Hello, I am considering replacing the cupholders on my barrington. Were you able to drill holes for the spots in the corners? I notice that it runs very close to the bar on the underside. Did you face any issues?

Hello, I am considering replacing the cupholders on my barrington. Were you able to drill holes for the spots in the corners? I notice that it runs very close to the bar on the underside. Did you face any issues?
New version with same size cup holders, no issue.

New version with jumbo cup holders, you’ll need to measure as I imagine it’ll be very close.

Old version with any, you need to cut the pipe down.

New version with same size cup holders, no issue.

New version with jumbo cup holders, you’ll need to measure as I imagine it’ll be very close.

Old version with any, you need to cut the pipe down.
amazing, thank you. I read a concern someone on this thread had about the cupholder possibly falling through the bottom. Do you know how likely this is to happen? Do I need to make a cradle like someone else did?

amazing, thank you. I read a concern someone on this thread had about the cupholder possibly falling through the bottom. Do you know how likely this is to happen? Do I need to make a cradle like someone else did?
Wrap the bottom of the cup holder with masking/painters tape. I did between 3 and 4 wraps depending on how loose it was. It provides enough thickness that the cup holder is semi-permanent without the chance of falling out.

Wrap the bottom of the cup holder with masking/painters tape. I did between 3 and 4 wraps depending on how loose it was. It provides enough thickness that the cup holder is semi-permanent without the chance of falling out.
Awesome. Will provide updates on how it goes.

Anyone have any hole saw recommendations? I read about people having bought ones that arent so good. Im looking to install regular sized cupholders

Yeah so I didn't end up needing to cut the bar when replacing with the jumbo cupholders (But I think that was more dumb luck than good planning). However, there was more than enough space on the bars outside of the where its fastened to cut off with a hacksaw if necessary. Additionally, you will also need a special bit for your drill in in order to use whatever hole saw you get.

I ordered a regular one, it came in and sat in a box and I read some of these replies about the LED ones being sturdier, so I ordered it. Walmart took back the first one when I hauled it in to customer service. The LED ones are much heavier, which probably means sturdier.

I ordered a regular one, it came in and sat in a box and I read some of these replies about the LED ones being sturdier, so I ordered it. Walmart took back the first one when I hauled it in to customer service. The LED ones are much heavier, which probably means sturdier.
I dont really associate heavy with sturdy. Idk, the regular feels pretty study to me. I do think however the thinkness might help with how loud the table can be when someone bangs on it

Cup holders arrived. Thanks @rjbf65 for the tip on duct tape. I didn’t have any and used masking tape instead. Worked just fine with 3-4 wraps (or should I say orbits) per holder. Fits very snug, tight even. Without the tape the cup holders would definitely slip out rather easily. I should mention the lip on the new cup holders are smaller so you can see the old cup holder indent. Not a big deal for me and I’ll just think of it as a design element.

View attachment 1195832

View attachment 1195833

View attachment 1195834
which cupholders did you buy? I tend to mind the little things like indents.

I just bought an old style one - looking at toppers now, very exciting.
Same! I just picked up an LED table. Also looking at those toppers and cup holders. So stoked that this'll make my home game even better.

Hopefully I wont run into any issues with the feet hitting the larger cup holders and it'll keep the foldability.

I joined the $169 Walmart special crowd. Can’t beat the price. Free shipping. $180.83 with tax, 48 hours from order to delivery. Kind of insane actually.

The lights are super bright so I have a dimmer on the way as well.
View attachment 1243972View attachment 1243973

Have you found the lights to be too bright when looking at your cards as well? I got the table a week ago and had it shipped to a friends house so I havent been able to test it yet.

After reading through almost every page of this thread, I am glad to say I successfully have upgraded my game. I sold my old Barrington and hopped on that sale. With the money I made from the sale of the old Barrington I bought the cup holders recommended on here. I bought the hole saw from Home Depot and returned it right after saving me $45. I couldn’t have done it without the help of everyone on here. Special thanks to @shleepytime who was a more than useful resource.

Attachments

• 402A8892-3653-4BC9-BCCA-7CAB3EF198A4.jpeg
    402A8892-3653-4BC9-BCCA-7CAB3EF198A4.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 112
I'm in the middle of upgrading cup holders. I got one done but what'd you guys do on the ends with the buckle strap?? I feel like once I drill through the wood it's barely going to be hanging on.

1000031425.jpg

I'm in the middle of upgrading cup holders. I got one done but what'd you guys do on the ends with the buckle strap?? I feel like once I drill through the wood it's barely going to be hanging on.

View attachment 1249200
I cut the hole straight through it then added staples to what was left under the rail (while I was adding new felt). Haven’t had any issues.

I cut the hole straight through it then added staples to what was left under the rail (while I was adding new felt). Haven’t had any issues.
Yeah was trying to avoid taking the rail off. Was planning on just cupholders and a topper (for now). Thanks!

That strap isn’t taking too much stress anyways, it doesn’t need major reinforcement. It’s only keeping the table from flopping open when folded.

View attachment 1249200
I drilled right through mine. Not an issue. No need to remove rails either. Just drill from below if going jumbo sized

Yes... Heat with a hair dryer for around 30 seconds to loosen the glue, then use a screwdriver to pry out

They will come out very easy this way
Thank you. And just to make sure I have everything correct from Lord Foldermort

https://www.amazon.com/YH-Poker-Jum...fix=yuanhe+10+jumbo+cup+holder,aps,177&sr=8-2

Measure for the middle of the cupholder and then drill pilot hole for the hole saw and then cut from underneath. For the holders with the strap, just remove the strap, cut through and then just screw the strap back into the table. A little nervous here so just wanted to make sure. Am I missing anything? Any advise and guidance is highly appreciated.

Thank you. And just to make sure I have everything correct from Lord Foldermort

Measure for the middle of the cupholder and then drill pilot hole for the hole saw and then cut from underneath. For the holders with the strap, just remove the strap, cut through and then just screw the strap back into the table. A little nervous here so just wanted to make sure. Am I missing anything? Any advise and guidance is highly appreciated.

Nope, that's perfect

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom