Barrington poker table thread (7 Viewers)

This is from Walmart.com, on the LED table page. The turn and river triggered me. I know the people that take these photos usually don't know anything about the subject of the picture they are taking, but still.

View attachment 1238361
You don’t deal out all the streets face down, then flip them over when you need to? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

This is from Walmart.com, on the LED table page. The turn and river triggered me. I know the people that take these photos usually don't know anything about the subject of the picture they are taking, but still.

View attachment 1238361
As a former dealer, that stub still triggers me and I haven't dealt in over 13 years. lol And where's the cut card. "FLOOOOOR!!!"

Just got the LED version from then Walmart sale. I learned how thin the vinyl is…
After removing the plastic cover, I set it on the floor standing up, with the flat, folded edge on the floor. In this position, the corners of the rail are the first contact with the floor.
I moved it slightly, on a berber carpet without lifting it entirely off the floor. Bad idea, rug burn:
IMG_5220.jpeg

It’s mostly hidden when the table is open, but this is a good argument for the table bag, even for storage.

Just got the LED version from then Walmart sale. I learned how thin the vinyl is…
After removing the plastic cover, I set it on the floor standing up, with the flat, folded edge on the floor. In this position, the corners of the rail are the first contact with the floor.
I moved it slightly, on a berber carpet without lifting it entirely off the floor. Bad idea, rug burn:
View attachment 1238434

It’s mostly hidden when the table is open, but this is a good argument for the table bag, even for storage.
Sharpies are your friends

Nope, those are what come with it! That’s fresh out of the box.
Yeah it looks like the LED version, since it’s a little taller with the LEDs, can accommodate a little taller cup holder, so that’s what they put in. It’s not much, but it’s better than nothing!

Ah so still gotta replace them if you want to try and prevent spills.
Yeah, it sure looks that way. I’m surprised they don’t make holes in the bottom deck like the mods that members here have done, and put in proper holders. It’s really not that much more work.
And clearly they understand how shallow the original ones are, or they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of making new ones specific to the LED and ESPN tables.

Last edited:
Yeah it sure

Yeah, it sure looks that way. I’m surprised they don’t make holes in the bottom deck like the mods that members here have done, and put in proper holders. It’s really not that much more work.
And clearly they understand how shallow the original ones are, or they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of making new ones specific to the LED and ESPN tables.
I just assume they see a shallow cup holder glued to the wood as more important than a useful cupholder that is deep enough to hold normal beverages.

Just bought the LED version. Are the cup holders really that bad? We use a 20 year old foldable table at the moment that just has a little cut out for cups. Even with that we haven't had an issue and this seems like a massive upgrade.

Attachments

• 20231212_061617.jpg
    20231212_061617.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 65
Just bought the LED version. Are the cup holders really that bad? We use a 20 year old foldable table at the moment that just has a little cut out for cups. Even with that we haven't had an issue and this seems like a massive upgrade.
They're fine for cans but just "OK" for bottles (kinda shallow.) Rocks glasses, hydroflasks and 40's aren't going to fly, though, because of the diameter.

I've found that most players will sit dead-center behind their cupholder even on a less-than-full table, so inevitably drinks get smacked every couple of orbits on a shuffle or an overly-excited shove. No spills yet, but I'll probably end up replacing mine soon just for the extra depth.

I knock over my chip stacks multiple times during a self dealt game and usually brush my pint at least once with my hand when it is in the holder in front of me. If I didn’t put the deeper cup holders in, I’d spill a beer at least once a night.

They're fine for cans but just "OK" for bottles (kinda shallow.) Rocks glasses, hydroflasks and 40's aren't going to fly, though, because of the diameter.

I've found that most players will sit dead-center behind their cupholder even on a less-than-full table, so inevitably drinks get smacked every couple of orbits on a shuffle or an overly-excited shove. No spills yet, but I'll probably end up replacing mine soon just for the extra depth.
I try hard to get players to sit between the cup holders. I personally hate sitting behind a cup holder, but I think that’s what everyone is used to.

I try hard to get players to sit between the cup holders. I personally hate sitting behind a cup holder, but I think that’s what everyone is used to.

The problem is that people end up trying to take up more room than they're supposed to, and other players are cramped. If it's a full table and I see that happening, I will tell people they should have the cup holder centered in front of them.

AKA: Move over dumbass!

The problem is that people end up trying to take up more room than they're supposed to, and other players are cramped.

There are a few things that can wind me up when playing poker and that is pretty much the top of my list. I hate being squashed and it was one of the most important considerations when building my table.

p3XFyb3.png

No space hogging at my (8 max) game :p

The problem is that people end up trying to take up more room than they're supposed to, and other players are cramped. If it's a full table and I see that happening, I will tell people they should have the cup holder centered in front of them.

AKA: Move over dumbass!
Well........................

Theoretically, if 10 players set directly between the cup holders they take up the exact same amount of space as if they sat in front of the cup holder.

I used to enforce this at my game, but it's definitely harder to enforce/explain than just telling people to sit in front of their cup holder.

LED tables arrived today and I opened one.

It is noticeably heavier and sturdier then the base model. I'm very glad I returned the others and got these instead.
Nice! May I ask how are the LED lights powered? Is there a battery pack or does it plug in? I'd like to get one but would prefer not having a wire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom