Cash Game 7 Card Stud Cash Game (2 Viewers)

Don't get buried in the weeds on this, it's still poker.
If you have not acted on a betting round, you can always raise, or bet the max if you are not facing a bet

Here is that thread mentioned before... within it, there are links to other threads.
http://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/limit-cash-set-breakdown.12952/

Regarding increasing your limit to:

and your breakdown of

Now I would say you are primarily trying to use the $0.5, $2, and $20. You want to get all of the $0.5 and $2 on the table.
$100 Buyin (players 1-6)
32x $0.50
32x $2
2x $20

After the first 6 buy-ins, you have 8x $0.50 and 8x $2 left = $20. Buy player 7 and 8 in with that $20 and the rest in $20 chips. with 8 players, you will average 25x $0.50 and 25x $2 per player. That amounts to $12.50 and $50 respectively. Obviously if players buy in for less, give them fewer $20. You goal should be to get all of the $0.50 and $2 on the table quickly.

I think this is workable. It is similar to what I did for my game, but you are using way more $0.50 (for antes and small bets) than I used of $1. I think you will feel short on $0.50. I suggest you eliminate the $0.50 per player ante and change it to a $2 dealer ante. This will free up a lot of $0.50 chips to use for the $1 bets.

What do you think of the following

Dealer Ante: $2
Bring in: $0.50
S.Bet: $1
B.Bet: $2

If I have 200x $0.50 / 600x $1 / 200x $2 / 100x$100?

Do you already have chips that you're trying to work with, or are you trying to determine the proper breakdown to go out and purchase chips?

If the latter, I would think that you don't need both $1 and $2 chips (just like you wouldn't need 25c and 50c chips). Go with 800 x $1 and forget the $2's.

Also, the $100's seem to be a really really high denomination for these stakes. Typically, with a limit set based on the $1 workhorse, you'd see the value chip either be the $20 or $25 (not the hundo).

Finally, in a $1/$2 limit game, I think the dealer ante would be better served to be $1 to equate to the small bet, not $2 which equates to the big bet.

Some of the challenges you're having is the very reason I'm doing exactly what you're doing, but going to the $2/$4 limit structure instead of $1/$2.

Set = 800 x $1's (100 per player), 100 x $25's
Dealer Ante = $2 (equates to 25c x 8 players, nice and clean)
Bring In = $1
Small Bet = $2
Big Bet = $4
no fracs are needed and the $1 can be used for everything, hence the 800 x $1's!

It seems to get a little messier when dropping down to $1/$2 in the sense that you have to start introducing fracs (unless you do away with the bring in altogether and just have the high card showing lead the betting with the small bet, which is always an option in stud... my understanding is that a bring in is not required in a home game). I'd be interested to hear what the experts think about that as an option.

Do you already have chips that you're trying to work with, or are you trying to determine the proper breakdown to go out and purchase chips?

If the latter, I would think that you don't need both $1 and $2 chips (just like you wouldn't need 25c and 50c chips). Go with 800 x $1 and forget the $2's.

Also, the $100's seem to be a really really high denomination for these stakes. Typically, with a limit set based on the $1 workhorse, you'd see the value chip either be the $20 or $25 (not the hundo).

Finally, in a $1/$2 limit game, I think the dealer ante would be better served to be $1 to equate to the small bet, not $2 which equates to the big bet.

Some of the challenges you're having is the very reason I'm doing exactly what you're doing, but going to the $2/$4 limit structure instead of $1/$2.

Set = 800 x $1's (100 per player), 100 x $25's
Dealer Ante = $2 (equates to 25c x 8 players, nice and clean)
Bring In = $1
Small Bet = $2
Big Bet = $4
no fracs are needed and the $1 can be used for everything, hence the 800 x $1's!

It seems to get a little messier when dropping down to $1/$2 in the sense that you have to start introducing fracs (unless you do away with the bring in altogether and just have the high card showing lead the betting with the small bet, which is always an option in stud... my understanding is that a bring in is not required in a home game). I'd be interested to hear what the experts think about that as an option.

That's what I already have

200x 0.10
200x 0.50
200x 2.00
100x 5.00
100x 20.00 (not hundos)

because of all the Posts here I see that I Need $1's and that a lot. I just wondering if 600 would be enough

Yes, I think that breakdown with 600 x $1's would work then... For example...

$50 Buy In:

8 x $0.50
46 x $1 (need 368 chips for 8 players)
save $2, $5, and $20 for rebuys

$100 Buy In:

8 x $0.50
56 x $1 (448 chips for 8 players)
20 x $2 (160 chips for 8 players)
save $5's and $20's for rebuys

And many variations from there... I think you would have plenty of bank with 600 x $1's combined with your other chips...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom