Zombie Custom Cloth (1 Viewer)

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
It's been a back-burner project for a few years now. So far back it has just been an idea, no real work. Until now. The problem is, I really have no ideas, except that it should feature the now iconic, card playing zombie.

So I bring this to the forum to kick around (probably for another 2 years) :rolleyes:, but what do you look for in a custom cloth?

Here's the parameters that I have to work with:

• The base color of the table should be green, so I don't need to change the seating cards.
  • The table was a home build, by someone with no real woodworking skills. I'm only replacing the felt. The table itself has a second, primary life as a sewing table, so the table stays - keep the fugly comments to yourself (or PM me about it, I can take it, I just dont want to derail the design thread).
  • A betting line is extremely unlikely. The table isn't "linear". The right side is an inch longer than the left. The angles were "eyeballed". Something involving geometry would have been useful - I didn't use it. Nobody has ever noticed (or hasn't said anything), but a betting line would make the imperfections more noticable, unless I somehow replicated the errors exactly.
  • This is what we are starting with...
  • 1597438489519.png
  • This is what I have so far...
  • 1597438995015.png
Go!

How deep can the felt green be? The more contrast you can get between that and the logo itself, the better.

How deep can the felt green be? The more contrast you can get between that and the logo itself, the better.
Deep, as in dark? I can go pretty dark. I have a printed sample somewhere... I put it someplace so I wouldn't forget where I put it. Once I find it, I can be more precise.

The problem is, if it gets too dark, the visor/cigar/smoke gets lost.

Deep, as in dark? I can go pretty dark. I have a printed sample somewhere... I put it someplace so I wouldn't forget where I put it. Once I find it, I can be more precise.

The problem is, if it gets too dark, the visor/cigar/smoke gets lost.

Correct. Sorry, work has fried my brain today and I wrote "deep" instead of "dark".

I assume changing the zombie-logo colors is out of the question, as I know you already have the whole CPC set etc. with that on it? Also, I am by no means any sort of artist, so anything coming from me is just a random observer's opinion.

maybe add in some arms reaching out from the dirt underneath the poker zombie.

Could darken the felt and make the cigar smoke a grey or white. Will contrast well against a dark green.

Instead of a betting line, you could have a gradient from the edge to 1/2 way in? It would be a soft transition but still conceptually design differences in the zones.

I tried out each of the suggestions, and while none made me swoon, they helped me advance to this:
Zombie Table reasonable file.jpg

Which looks a lot darker and the yellows are missing in JPEG format (made in CMYK format).

It also spurred idea #2, I'm calling the Zombie Nugget, as it's inspired by the Golden Nugget's tables:
Zombie Nugget Reasonable.jpg

Obviously a branding issue here, as I'm torn between "Dinner Club" and "Poker Club".

I tried out each of the suggestions, and while none made me swoon, they helped me advance to this:
View attachment 531082

Which looks a lot darker and the yellows are missing in JPEG format (made in CMYK format).

It also spurred idea #2, I'm calling the Zombie Nugget, as it's inspired by the Golden Nugget's tables:
View attachment 531083

Obviously a branding issue here, as I'm torn between "Dinner Club" and "Poker Club".
Perhaps Both?? Don't you guys always enjoy a last meal before your degeneracy starts...it is subtle enough that it works for me

How come there's no flies around the zombie?

Zombie is too small...
He's a happy zombie. Nobody is happy surrounded by flies. I will adjust the zombie to text ratios though...

zombie arms could be reaching from the grave to grab the money from the betting lineView attachment 531224
I started to make a series of zombie hands, but it looked way too cluttered. I also thought about a suited speed-cloth look, with the occasional brain or hand added to the series. That one will take a bit longer to mock-up.
Brains on a plate?
It wouldn't be the first time...
1599859015088.png

Had them with @Mr Tree!
1599859103464.png

He's a happy zombie. Nobody is happy surrounded by flies. I will adjust the zombie to text ratios though...

I started to make a series of zombie hands, but it looked way too cluttered. I also thought about a suited speed-cloth look, with the occasional brain or hand added to the series. That one will take a bit longer to mock-up.

It wouldn't be the first time...
View attachment 531296
Had them with @Mr Tree!
View attachment 531298
Hypothalamus gland :rolleyes:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom