Zenni Optical - For real? (1 Viewer)

Leonard

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Those of you at the Suicide Queen Melee may remember that I lost my glasses on an attempted trip to the Dali Museum in St Pete's. I ordered a new set while in Florida and am now wearing them. They are great. I see great. They are comfortable with progressive bifocals, anti-glare and anti-scratch coatings. But they were EXPENSIVE. Like 4-500 chip Paulson set expensive.

There is a place called Zenni Optical online that I have had recommended to me. I have actually ordered from them before, about a1 1/2 years ago, but wasn't happy. Seemed like 90% of the quality for 10% (really) of the price, but that last 10% seems pretty important.

Has anybody used Zenni Optical or other online eyeglass vendors?

L

My boss uses Zenni and loves them. Totally for real. This is a guy making mid 6-figures and can afford whatever he wants, and he loves them. He buys several pairs at a time.

His experience has resulted in a handful of others in our division to use them. I've never heard a complaint.

I've used them for 6 pairs of glasses. I'm hard on glasses and if I lose one in the lake it's no big deal. I would recommend them

Zenni verified awesomesauce. My basic prescription/lens combo is like $17 shipped.

I've never used Zenni but have been using Warby Parker for a few years and they've been great. I have not heard of Zenni until just now so I'll check them out too.

I've used them in the past but went back to my local eye doctor to get the latest pair. I found them to be okay as long as you don't mind getting new ones every 6-8 months. I'm certain that its still cheaper to use Zenni and replace your glasses 1-2 times a year, but wanted a pair that would be more reliable.

I use Zenni and I like them. I have a pretty basic prescription, so they're ultra cheap even with ant-glare. There is a bit of a price bump if you need more than +3 and you don't want Coke bottle thickness, but it's still under a hundo. Funny thing, my last trip to the optometrist, they send me to the lobby towards the glasses area with a whole friggin scare sheet about how bad online glasses are. I was amused to say the least. They wanted $300 for my very basic prescription and I got them delivered from Zenni for $30. The best part is, I'm not constantly worried about losing them or having my 9 month old rip them off my face!

Great timing... I just lost my glasses too... May have to try Zenni... any other options out there?

I've used them. They feel a little cheap, and the tint on my wife's sunglasses wasn't what we expected, but they are super affordable. Keep your expectations in check, but it could be a good option.

I use 39dollarglasses.com (yes, really :rolleyes:) because they offer a bendable titanium frame option (highly necessary as I fall asleep with my glasses on a lot; also super-nice IMO) and also they don't nickel-and-dime you to death if you have a complicated prescription like other vendors do (including Zenni.)

I'm definitely not somebody that fucks around when it comes to my vision and eyewear (I have a congenital eye condition that is... complicated to deal with) and I can definitively say they're great. My last pair lasted 4 years before the coatings started coming off, just got 2 new ones (standard life is 2 years, when you pay 5 times as much.) And hey, they're so cheap that if you feel like something different, you can just order up a new pair.

My wife has a very mild prescription and has used Zenni specifically (she literally paid $7, lol) and is happy with them. Doesn't take much in her case though.

I've actually been meaning to try Zenni. I've gotten a few pairs from Coastal for $6.95 + shipping (less than $20 total) and have been pretty pleased.

My wife's uncle is an optometrist, and he hooks me up with a free designer pair with all of the bells and whistles once every 2 years. Then I supplement that nice pair with cheap pairs that I don't mind losing or breaking. I am going to see him next weekend and I'm way more excited about it than I should be. I hate my current pair.

Used them for years and have been a huge fan ever since my first pair.

Two things
1. You have to know your pupillary distance (which isn't written on a normal prescription) and your optometrist may get a bit chippy if you ask them for it.
2. You have to know the frame size that is right for you. If you aren't sure, wander through a real store and look on the arm of the glasses, the size is usually printed there.

Overall, I've bought like 10 pairs from them and only had a problem with one, so I am way ahead of what I'd have spent otherwise.

Personally, I saw no difference in quality between my $350 optometrist glasses and my $45 Zenni glasses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom