Your Thoughts On my Idea

Quicksilver-75

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey. Just thought I would get feedback from the community. I was developing an idea for some custom work requested. I started falling in love with this idea even though it wasn't for myself. As it happens the guy doesn't want to go in this direction so I may use them for some custom CPC's or even a relable project in the Grand Vics...Especially now That I have to play poker in my garage...:(

Attachments

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
top right imo. a couple iterations will flesh out the idea a bit more, but i like that direction.

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I love this idea.........................That 1k chip is fucking sexy!!!

abby99

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll join the Top Right club. It has that little sumthin'-sumthin'.

MrWitti

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
All chips look great. I prefer same artwork for all denoms. Each of the chips could make it it's own design. My ranking: top right, bottom right, top left, bottom left.

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
Top right is the best of those three, but I'm liking the color match with each chip. Why not go with the unique design for each denom and shared text?

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of using similarly-themed yet different art for each chip in a set. Absolutely no reason that all the labels/inlays have to use the exact same artwork, other than personal preference.

Although I'd change the truck color on the $500 chip, and add a little more ass on the $1000.

Quicksilver-75

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was my intention to use all the above for the different denoms. I'm currently drawing up some larger denoms as well as a dealer button. I love variety. I also love the retro/worn look ever since Fallout - New Vegas. As far as adding more ass, I can try to slice a pic of J-Lo in there I guess but run the risk of cheapening the look...:p

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
It was my intention to use all the above for the different denoms. I'm currently drawing up some larger denoms as well as a dealer button. I love variety. I also love the retro/worn look ever since Fallout - New Vegas. As far as adding more ass, I can try to slice a pic of J-Lo in there I guess but run the risk of cheapening the look...:p
different designs on each denom can look good, but imo the above designs aren't really coherent as a set. the different styles of graphics and fonts on each chip throws it off for me. maybe you could bring it all together with just a font change, though.

just trying to be constructive, so please don't take offense.

Quicksilver-75

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
different designs on each denom can look good, but imo the above designs aren't really coherent as a set. the different styles of graphics and fonts on each chip throws it off for me. maybe you could bring it all together with just a font change, though.

just trying to be constructive, so please don't take offense.
Never. That's why I started this. I really appreciate the input and time to give me your input (everybody)

chipjoker

Flush
Reaction score
I like the theme, I to would use one font style on all, I really like the TOP RIGHT but there is something classic about the Top Left font...

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I like the idea of different images on each denom, but I liked the idea that each image was in the style of Top Right.

Though the idea of all an all garage-calendar girls set has its appeal (and images are a dime a dozen). I know in my game (appx 50% female) that sexist chips would go over as well as shitting in church.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though the idea of all an all garage-calendar girls set has its appeal (and images are a dime a dozen). I know in my game (appx 50% female) that sexist chips would go over as well as shitting in church.
Myposition? They are more than welcome to bring whatever image-laden nice chips they desire to play with. And until they do, they can stfu about what is supplied for them free-of-charge.

200 Motels

Flush
Reaction score
I'm in this boat. The vintage car art is a great theme but the fonts need some continuity.

Would labels play nice on those worn out Grand Vic 25s? I feel there'd be a lot of spinners.

PokerChipsDesign

3 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally different designs for each denoms is a just a personnal preference imho...
Why not use the same design with variations ?
e.g. take the first one (the $25) and change only the color theme & the illustration: a car, the repair guy, the pinup,... while keeping the main design (title, fonts, layout...)

Top Bottom