Your favorite chip feature? (2 Viewers)

Wisejack_

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Happy to join the poker chip adventure! I have played poker for some time but only really payed attention to the chips and their quality after watching videos from Hobbyphilic and Chistopher M.'s videos. A big thanks to them for sharing their passion with such insight! As a first post, I'd like to know what your favorite chip feature is! What matters most to you? Is it transparency from the company that makes them? Its weight? The consistency in size/weight across denominations? Centering? Alignment? The diameter? Perhaps the denominations themselves? The way they stack on top of each other? The smooth edges? Or is it the colors?

Clearly, there is a lot to appreciate in poker chips! I would say my favorite chip feature is its clean edges. This can be seen with Paulson chips most notably: how they have straight shoulders and clean, smooth edges all round.

Looking forward to reading your preferences and learn from them!

Happy chipping!

I also like pretty colors

20201005_174730.jpg
20200603_185150.jpg
20181121_170430.jpg

Umm...a Starburst in the middle? Preferably in the middle of a black chip? Ideally a rack of black chips??

I think ceramic chips actually changed the game a bit. Someone wanting something completely custom can now print anything they want anywhere on the chip. No longer confined to just a sticker or inlay.

sexy shaped inlays, I also like how two or more colors press up against each other to become one

Besides aesthetics (who doesn't like awesome colors and edge spot patterns?), the following are most important in no particular order:

-Mold: Clay chips on molds with an outer ring are more durable and less prone to flea bites

-Inlay texture: This is purely a preference. I like textured inlays rather than smooth.

-Size: Larger chips outside of the "standard" 39mm chips feel and shuffle differently

In the end, it comes down to personal preference.

Last edited:
Textured inlay.

I find it very difficult to love clay chips with smooth inlays. I won’t buy Paulsons without textured inlays (yes, that’s very limiting) and if/when I finally spring for CPC customs, I’ll only consider molds with textured inlays.

Textured inlay.

I find it very difficult to love clay chips with smooth inlays. I won’t buy Paulsons without textured inlays (yes, that’s very limiting) and if/when I finally spring for CPC customs, I’ll only consider molds with textured inlays.
This can't be guaranteed from what I understand. Depends on the mold cup used. I would say that 75% of my H-molds and 25% of my CSQ molded chips have textured inlays. You can take that for whatever it's worth.

This can't be guaranteed from what I understand. Depends on the mold cup used. I would say that 75% of my H-molds and 25% of my CSQ molded chips have textured inlays. You can take that for whatever it's worth.
I haven’t studied it closely. But yes, I have noticed, from sample sets that I’ve handled, that there are often some CPCs with less texture than their brothers on the same mold.

Basically, chips photographed by @JeepologyOffroad .
They 're meant to provoke lots of lust online. :hearts:
If you see them in person, let alone use them to play poker with the said person, the experience is going to get pretty bitter:D
@JeepologyOffroad :p:LOL: :laugh:
Clean chips + decent lighting above the table = just as marvelous in play :D
JFJ8mnA.jpg

Tip: if they 're leaded, don't have peanuts while playing.
You gonna get cancer, and, even most importantly, they gonna get filthy oily (unnecessarily). :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom