Tourney WSOP Senior event (1 Viewer)

grebe

Full House
Reaction score
How about it, GenXers? Who is planning on playing, and who has already played?

I just qualified (class of 1988, Go Running Knights!). Frankie says RELAX. Her Name is Rio. New Coke! Stone washed jeans. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

I have never even been to Vegas, but I am thinking if I can have a good run at some home games this year, I might roll out $1500 or so of the bankroll to give it a shot.

If you are 50+ this year and are even thinking of going, post up! If you have already played, post up as well. Would love to hear some stories.

How about it, GenXers? Who is planning on playing, and who has already played?

I just qualified (class of 1988, Go Running Knights!). Frankie says RELAX. Her Name is Rio. New Coke! Stone washed jeans. Ya'll know what I'm talking about.

I have never even been to Vegas, but I am thinking if I can have a good run at some home games this year, I might roll out $1500 or so of the bankroll to give it a shot.

If you are 50+ this year and are even thinking of going, post up! If you have already played, post up as well. Would love to hear some stories.
I will look it up to see when it is. We're going to the main event in Nov. I might adjust my schedule stay if the timing is close.

I’ve played in it several times. It’s not old man coffee, and you can’t sit there and fold like everyone else.

if your table isnt busting people regularly then nobody will have enough chips to do shit when your table breaks. Because when it does you will go to a table where they have been busting out people and the survivors will have massive chip stacks compared to your starting stack basically. The field is so large that this effect is noticeable more than in a three table tourney.
Half the field is over 60, but the other half is 50.002, so there not that old.

I’ve played in it several times. It’s not old man coffee, and you can’t sit there and fold like everyone else.

if your table isnt busting people regularly then nobody will have enough chips to do shit when your table breaks. Because when it does you will go to a table where they have been busting out people and the survivors will have massive chip stacks compared to your starting stack basically. The field is so large that this effect is noticeable more than in a three table tourney.
Half the field is over 60, but the other half is 50.002, so there not that old.
So, if I am reading this correct, it's softer than your average WSOP event, but not as soft as you might think?

Would you recommend another event over the senior's event, assuming of course we are old enough to play senior's?

I saw Pearl Jam from the balcony of the old Boston Garden, on a day when the temperature and humidity up there were probably both over 90
For the record, I don't LOVE DD nor do I hate Peal or Blues Traveler. I was merely suggesting the age of a person and what was on Mtv when they were in 9th grade.

And Metallica didn't make on the radio until it was considered Classic Rock....so ease on up, @Seeking Alpha Social Club !

So, if I am reading this correct, it's softer than your average WSOP event, but not as soft as you might think?

Would you recommend another event over the senior's event, assuming of course we are old enough to play senior's?
I think the best money there besides the cash games are the daily tournaments the wsop runs. The fields for the seniors and main are so big that you burn so much time in them before any cashing starts. In those large fields you have to be aggressive early or the middle game will eat you up.
And I’m not saying soft, I’m saying they play like anywhere else, just as fucking crazy and stupid. And they have lived as many chapters in real life as you’ve read in books.

Hmmmm...week before the main event. I'll have to give this some thought. I don't know if I can stand Vegas for 2 weeks...LOL!!
I was just looking at flights and hotel. Flights...reasonable. Hotel, not so much. How do yall do it? Just pay, or do you get discounts?

I think I found my compromise....

Maryland Live! has the WPT coming thru in late September. In 2019, they had a seniors event on a Monday. $350 to play and none of the Vegas overhead (flights/hotels/expensive foods, etc.).

IN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom