WSOP ME gambools discussion thread (1 Viewer)

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
2019 WSOP ME starts on Wednesday, July 3rd. I plan to run two flips.

1.) Last longer bet. Last year, we did a $20 entry and got 26 players; @bergs won $520 prize my getting John Cynn. After Day 5 or 6, I randomly assigned the top 27 stacks left in the WSOP to PCFers. This year, I'd like to limit it to 27 players and I'd like to spread payouts more, like $x for the final table, $y for third place, $z for second place and the rest (at least $200) to the winner. The problem is there is no guarantee that nine of our 27 players will make it to the final table, let alone the top 3 or the winner. We could just add any unclaimed prize to the winner's share (so if 6 PCF stacks made the final table, the payouts for the other three stacks goes to the PCFer who last longest). Or we could just do a 50/30/20 payout for the three that last longest.

2.) Final hand flip. I don't think much needs to change with this. 52 entries, $5 each. $260 prize pool. Match a flop card on the final hand of the Main Event and win $25 (about 10%), match the turn card and win $50 (about 20%), match the river card and win $135 (about 50%).

I'll start by selling no more than 1 card to a person. If we don't get 52 players, I'll eventually allow people to buy multiple cards.

Once we have 52 paid, I'll randomize the list. #1 to #13 will be Ac to KC, #14 - #26 will be Ad to Kd, #27 - #39 will be Ah to Kh and #40 - #52 will be As to Ks.

Last year, @detroitdad ran a final table pool when the field got down to 9. The LLB pool took a lot of time last year and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, though. I hope Detroitdad or someone else can do that again this year...

Whether or not you're interested in joining, discuss your thoughts, critique my plans, or make suggestions of your own.

In for both. Like it.

And for #1...50/30/20 last longer seems a lot more straightforward

In for both! Sounds like fun. Always good with some gambool!

I think top 3 last longers pay sounds good. Not too complicated. (But also in regardless how the payouts end up being split.)

In for all the things, and I'm also good with a last longer that pays top 3 from our 27 players.

Last year, @detroitdad ran a final table pool when the field got down to 9. The LLB pool took a lot of time last year and I don't want to bite off more than I can chew, though. I hope Detroitdad or someone else can do that again this year...

i'll try and run it again.

I'd be interested in some action as well, I'll try to follow along with this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom