Tourney WSOP chip color up (2 Viewers)

Jonesey07

Full House
Reaction score
Can someone link me to the WSOP’s structure that shows they race off chips? I found it last week and I can’t find it now. A guy in my home game says they round up, not race.

I haven't seen it written down, but they have to be Racing, not Rounding.

When you add up all the chips, they are only $100 above the actual played amount. If they were rounding, it would be a lot higher.

John Cynn 128,700,000
Tony Miles 238,900,000
Michael Dyer 26,200,000
Total 393,800,000

7,874 * 50K = 393,700,000

That said, I don't hate the round up method either for simplicity.

I recall tournaments at Canterbury doing this when removing 500s

Forgive my ignorance, but what is chip racing and how does it work?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is chip racing and how does it work?
When it's time to "color up" the 25's, they'll take all your 25's and give you bigger chips (100's or 500's) in the same amount. But if you have an odd amount, they have to either race or round up. If they're rounding up, you'll just get another 100 chip, whether you have one, two, or three exta 25's.
If they're racing, they take the however many hundreds they need to cover each player's extra 25's on the table, combined. So if player A has three extra 25's, player B has three extra 25's and player C had two extra 25's, they add up to 200, so there are two 100's available. The dealer then deals cards, face up, to each player, equal to the number of extra chips they have. The player with the highest card gets the first 100 chip. The player with the next highest card gets the other 100 chip. The third player is out of luck.

Speaking of color up, they need to add a $5M chip. Too many yellow $1m chips on final table.

Speaking of color up, they need to add a $5M chip. Too many yellow $1m chips on final table.
Sometime around the time you posted that, Miles asked Jack if they were getting bigger chips. Jack said something like no, but they might get some !0,000,000 chips for next year.
My initial reaction was, no, 10 mil chips are dumb, get 5 mil and 25 mil. But given that this even is unlikely to grow significantly bigger, to require 25 mil chips, I suppose the 10 mil chips would be fine. Taking to racks on 1's off the table and putting a barrel of 10's into play would clean things up nicely.

I suspect WSOP TV producers prefer the final few players to have bigger, more impressive-looking chipstacks to “wow” the casual viewer.

Anyway... I hate those lavenders (which just look gray and drab on TV) and also the rest of the NFC colors they chose—Packers, Eagles and Redskins, roughly.

I don't mind at all the number of T1M's on the table and would rather not see larger denominations. While it was a great heads up match what bugged the fuck out of me was their constant use of the T100Ks when betting... it was awkward and time consuming watching them deal with the pointless denomination chips. Just raise to 7 or 7.5M, stop with the 7.2 and 7.4 shit already (and was far worse before they colored up the T25K).

Well, that and whoever decided on the seating and cash placement was an idiot. Guys are playing for 3.8 million dollars and can't see each others chips, are you kidding me?

Another thing that really bugged me was listening to Antonio’s misuse of odds. At least five times during the final table the flop would come out paired and he would say, for example, “he knows it’s unlikely for his opponent to have a jack because the odds of flopping trips are 73-1”. 73-1 is beyond meaningless at this point as that number factors in all non-paired flops... once the flop pairs the odds are more like 12-1 of his opponent holding trips.

It’s like watching #22 hit in roulette and then saying “the odds of 22 hitting twice in a row are 1444-1!”

I don't mind at all the number of T1M's on the table and would rather not see larger denominations. While it was a great heads up match what bugged the fuck out of me was their constant use of the T100Ks when betting... it was awkward and time consuming watching them deal with the pointless denomination chips. Just raise to 7 or 7.5M, stop with the 7.2 and 7.4 shit already (and was far worse before they colored up the T25K).

Well, that and whoever decided on the seating and cash placement was an idiot. Guys are playing for 3.8 million dollars and can't see each others chips, are you kidding me?
I'm pretty sure I would have told Jack that I'm sitting over here to get a good view of my opponent and his stack, and if you want me to lean back all the way over there to scan my card awkwardly, each hand, I'll do that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom