Winning time: the rise of the Lakers dynasty (1 Viewer)

Leonard

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This is streaming on HBO Max right now.
My wife (who hates sports) and I are really enjoying it.

John C. Reilly is killing it as Jerry Buss - "Dr. Jerry Buss"

Jerry West is apparently suing HBO for defamation. He is presented as a bit of an @sshole, but, to be fair, so is pretty much everybody. I'm no lawyer, but this suit is doomed to failure.

They break the fourth wall regularly and the whole thing is irreverent fun.

Anybody else watching it?

I grew up in the LA area and was a huge Laker fan during this time. I had the opportunity to go to many games.

I’ve watched this from the beginning and I’m also really enjoying it. Yep, John c Reilly is killing it as Buss. Jerry Buss was into playing poker, curious to see if they all touch on that.

I’ve heard some complaints that, oh it’s not totally accurate. Well, it’s not meant to be a documentary, it’s entertainment! The Lakers playing during this era was called Showtime. It’s easy to know why HBO couldn’t call it that!

I am enjoying this as well! I’ll echo the same sentiment that John C. Reilly is absolutely killing it as Dr. Buss. I don’t care that it isn’t 100% accurate or factual…it is entertaining and I have to believe there’s quite a bit of truth to some of the shenanigans that went on back then on and off the court.

I’m watching it. And agree with Reilly stealing the show as Buss.

We are watching it as well and echo all the above comments. It is so fun to watch. I think all the actors do a great job. Except Dr. J was like 55 lol.

Buss played a season on High Stakes Poker if I recall correctly.

Also Spencer Haywood actually coached one of my friends daughter’s rec basketball team here in Michigan about ten or so years ago. He was quite a character I guess and even went into the stands to sit with the parents when he was pissed off at the refs!

This is streaming on HBO Max right now.
My wife (who hates sports) and I are really enjoying it.

John C. Reilly is killing it as Jerry Buss - "Dr. Jerry Buss"

Jerry West is apparently suing HBO for defamation. He is presented as a bit of an @sshole, but, to be fair, so is pretty much everybody. I'm no lawyer, but this suit is doomed to failure.

They break the fourth wall regularly and the whole thing is irreverent fun.

Anybody else watching it?

Agreed on all accounts. It's s very entertaining show

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom