Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (17 Viewers)

In case people are wondering why so many sales are happening:

I’m now acutely aware of what my chipping goals are — a few, solid TRK sets (mostly because of their history and context) and the bulk of my time will be spent on California card rooms, real boat chips, and other leaded THC delights.

I have bought 146,500 chips since I joined on July 2. I’ve sold a ton as well. But of the remaining, many of them I’ll never put in play. It’s time to release a bunch of them.

ESPT part 2 coming up today.
We appreciate it! Makes our chipping easier!

Finally got a chance to open up the boxes of cleaned Binion’s WSOP chips from @JeepologyOffroad. What a beautiful sight!

F50F39C3-8DBB-4918-86D2-FC1A07EE43AC.jpeg
D5B56DD0-839A-4A33-AB8E-19DB515825E0.jpeg
4929DAD5-0389-4A4D-8728-DE562881D8AD.jpeg
B11B132F-CA91-4725-B9F1-FEA21D4DCBF0.jpeg

I believe it’s 2 different runs of chips, but yes those are uncirculated. @nezara might know more
What we know is more of the 25s and 100s were ordered in the early 2000s. Much like the blue bud jones 1k has some variation the green thc 25 has some. My speculation is different clay from different runs. I think the difference is in the clay color not spot patterns. I am not sure if the darker clay was from the earlier or later run. I have seen chips in excellent condition of both colors. Maybe @Windwalker has more examples than me and can draw conclusions. About which was which. My best guess is darker was earlier

What we know is more of the 25s and 100s were ordered in the early 2000s. Much like the blue bud jones 1k has some variation the green thc 25 has some. My speculation is different clay from different runs. I think the difference is in the clay color not spot patterns. I am not sure if the darker clay was from the earlier or later run. I have seen chips in excellent condition of both colors. Maybe @Windwalker has more examples than me and can draw conclusions. About which was which. My best guess is darker was earlier
I concur after handling them myself. That’s what I’d put my money on anyways.

Seems like all my lighter colored ones are uncirculated. So probably newer?

F89D5ECA-167C-4956-A786-540CF68523B6.jpeg

Even in the top rack there seems to be some differences between the oranges, for some chips which are directly adjacent to each other.

Such a good looking tourney lineup. Definitely a little jelly. They cleanup pretty nice too. You could probably host the whole forum for a game.

I’m now acutely aware of what my chipping goals are — a few, solid TRK sets (mostly because of their history and context) and the bulk of my time will be spent on California card rooms, real boat chips, and other leaded THC delights.
That kind of clarity must be intoxicating.

Congratulations on an extraordinary journey, and thanks for sharing it with us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom