Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (22 Viewers)

552E16CF-0B71-4C81-9FF6-D73BAB6DFA43.jpeg
B3C2ACDC-2B18-4EA1-B7EB-77475A6CD1FF.jpeg
000F34D2-A47C-462E-96C7-9BE9BE0A421F.jpeg

Across Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue, I saw the flop on 486 hands.

This is fascinating to me. Any idea how accurate those memories are? I ask because its recent that my own memory has been getting humbled, and online poker is what did it. And researching, this is pretty common, that we will remember some details but memory often fills in and gets things wrong, and we are never the wiser to what is genuine and what is false filler. I will “remember” hand history of a hand, and nontrivial details are off an embarrassing amount of the time. Prior to online poker I just never realized the error because there wasn’t a record of truth

This is fascinating to me. Any idea how accurate those memories are? I ask because its recent that my own memory has been getting humbled, and online poker is what did it. And researching, this is pretty common, that we will remember some details but memory often fills in and gets things wrong, and we are never the wiser to what is genuine and what is false filler. I will “remember” hand history of a hand, and nontrivial details are off an embarrassing amount of the time. Prior to online poker I just never realized the error because there wasn’t a record of truth
Online poker doesn’t have the sensory data that I need to capture things visually. The 2 dimensional nature of it doesn’t compute with how I seem to capture and remember information. My experiential recollection seems to work at higher levels when combined with ambient, olfactory and sonic inputs.

Last edited:
these are sweet. where the hell do you keep finding these sets?
Well, since the forum (with some definite, great exceptions) either tries to fleece me (he has money, let’s get it) or stonewall me (he buys too much, he’ll disappear with it), I had to improvise and look everywhere else. I’ve painstakingly developed about 20-25 different sources now, and am trying to build relationships with them.

The forum is still the best place to find things, if people are willing to part with them, but for the nicer stuff, you have to be part of an inner sanctum that takes a while to join. I’m patiently waiting :).

Last edited:
Well, since the forum (with some definite exceptions) either tries to fleece me (he has money, let’s get it) or stonewall me (he buys too much, he’ll disappear with it), I had to improvise and look everywhere else. I’ve painstakingly developed about 20-25 different sources now, and am trying to build relationships with them.

The forum is still the best place to find things, if people are willing to part with them, but for the nicer stuff, you have to be part of an inner sanctum that takes a while to join. I’m patiently waiting :).

Nice job exploring the different avenues to obtain these awesome sets. I really thought PCF was the only way besides eBay, Craigslist, etc.

Nice job exploring the different avenues to obtain these awesome sets. I really thought PCF was the only way besides eBay, Craigslist, etc.
Sometimes you have to search all those things and then some. Sometimes you have to have enough patience, determination and TRUE LOVE to put something together 1 chip, 1 barrel at a time.
When your dealing with people willing to do those kinds of things to put together something truly beautiful, it’s tough to put numbers on that sort of thing.
Go out and spend 4 years putting 1 barrel together and you’ll begin to understand.

Sometimes you have to search all those things and then some. Sometimes you have to have enough patience, determination and TRUE LOVE to put something together 1 chip, 1 barrel at a time.
When your dealing with people willing to do those kinds of things to put together something truly beautiful, it’s tough to put numbers on that sort of thing.
Go out and spend 4 years putting 1 barrel together and you’ll begin to understand.
Couldn't agree more with you. I don't have the years in this form of collection, but my comic books are a labor of love, and I appreciate that.

There is a difference between that, and asking for 7 X what someone paid for it 2 years prior, and then when that ridiculous price is declined, selling it to another friend for the original purchase price 2 weeks later. There are "priceless" things (aka labors of love as you describe) and then there are just shitty people who take advantage of others. Hey -- no complaints from me, I have made some great, honest friends on here, and I also found a way to get what I need. :)

Couldn't agree more with you. I don't have the years in this form of collection, but my comic books are a labor of love, and I appreciate that.

There is a difference between that, and asking for 7 X what someone paid for it 2 years prior, and then selling it to another friend for the original purchase price 2 weeks later. Hey -- no complaints from me, I found a way to get what I needed. :)
Unfortunately there are certain folks here that it’s all about the $ for them. If someone really loves what they’ve purchased, then whatever price was paid must be worth it to them.
If someone overpays for something and then realizes it’s not really all that, then that’s on them for not doing their research.
Personally I believe in karma, if your a good chipper in general, the chip gods seem to have a way of rewarding one for it.
When your new to the hobby it can be frustrating at times learning the ebbs and flows of things. I think many of us have been there. :)

Well said! I love it!

Well, since the forum (with some definite, great exceptions) either tries to fleece me (he has money, let’s get it) or stonewall me (he buys too much, he’ll disappear with it), I had to improvise and look everywhere else. I’ve painstakingly developed about 20-25 different sources now, and am trying to build relationships with them.

When your buying everyone's favorite set you kinda have to expect to pay up right?

What I mean is, I have a set or two that I wouldnt sell to anyone for what they are "worth". Thats just because of the time and effort put into acquiring them, and also because they are some of my favorite possessions. I also don't need to sell them so why would I?

You seem to have a taste for the best of the best, and noone is going to want to give them up unless you pry them loose.

Some people would not sell their favorite chips at any price, others will sell them but only for a rediculuous amount. I dont necessarily think that is fleecing. You are trying to buy things that arnt for sale.

When your buying everyone's favorite set you kinda have to expect to pay up right?

What I mean is, I have a set or two that I wouldnt sell to anyone for what they are "worth". Thats just because of the time and effort put into acquiring them, and also because they are some of my favorite possessions. I also don't need to sell them so why would I?

You seem to have a taste for the best of the best, and noone is going to want to give them up unless you pry them loose.

Some people would not sell their favorite chips at any price, others will sell them but only for a rediculuous amount. I dont necessarily think that is fleecing. You are trying to buy things that arnt for sale.
I completely agree, been on both sides of this in multiple hobbies. Definitely have to pay a premium when you are buying something someone doesn't want to sell and you aren't willing to wait.

Looks like you didn't read my follow-up post, Colter. https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ney-in-pr0n0graph1c-detail.60841/post-1267921

There is a difference between that, and asking for 7 X what someone paid for it 2 years prior, and then when that ridiculous price is declined, selling it to another friend for the original purchase price 2 weeks later. There are "priceless" things (aka labors of love as you describe) and then there are just shitty people who take advantage of others. Hey -- no complaints from me, I have made some great, honest friends on here, and I also found a way to get what I need. :)
I'll be happy to double... No... TRIPLE my prices to help you out....

I have a givers heart....

It's an impressive feat. Clearly you know the ropes of collecting lol.

Your right i didn't read the follow up post. Lol

And I agree completely with that. If they are offering it to you at a very high price, and then selling it to someone else at a different price that is fleecing 100%.
Playing devils advocate, maybe that person just provided an I don't want to sell price.

And then looked out for a buddy and gave them a good price. Sounds very decent of them to sell at a friend price, for something that I assume has gone up in value (everything has lol)

Playing devils advocate, maybe that person just provided an I don't want to sell price.
He followed up with me 3 times after I said no to make sure I didn't want it. One message "I don't want you to regret it down the road, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom