Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (12 Viewers)

I was supposed to get 3-4 packages out this week, but I’ve been in Vegas since Saturday playing a rush, and have extended one more night. Up $56.5k in the 5/10 NL so far.

My apologies for the delay in the packages; they’ll go out this week, I promise!

I was supposed to get 3-4 packages out this week, but I’ve been in Vegas since Saturday playing a rush, and have extended one more night. Up $56.5k in the 5/10 so far.

My apologies for the delay in the packages; they’ll go out this week, I promise!
Lol. You made more then I make in a year in a week. Lol

I'm gonna go drink some tap water.

I was supposed to get 3-4 packages out this week, but I’ve been in Vegas since Saturday playing a rush, and have extended one more night. Up $56.5k in the 5/10 NL so far.

No worries here!!! Until the wheels fall off I say! Good luck!

Last evening in Vegas. Starting stack. Let’s goooo!!

0257AAD9-F8DD-431F-A82B-AE478C2F15D4.jpeg

the 5/10 games in wynn is way too big for them, they will get outplayed. I watched an episode of live at the bike when Andrew Neeme played, you can tell they were outplayed because the bet was too big. a game like 5/10 at the wynn, you can easily loose 10s of thousands. if you can win 60 grand, you can also loose 60 grand.

I think the 5/10 game at the Bellagio is smaller, thats where Andrew and brad plays when they play 5/10

When you've got some time to reflect, would love to see you post some of the tougher hands you've faced in the PAHWM section!
EDIT: I wrote this right after the hand, and was coming off an adrenaline rush, so didn’t do much disclosure of my thinking / calculations, have now added some at the end.

Just got out of one, taking a break because it was so stressful lol.

I was UTG, and have a tight-aggressive image, so I sometimes like to mix up my range so I’m not predictable.

I looked down at :5s::8s: and bet out 6BB. Super tight player in middle position re-raises to 24BB. He almost always will have a super premium hand here, most likely AA / KK / AK, and so I decided to gamble and smooth call. One thing that was a departure from his usual re-raise is that he didn’t do his whole “Hollywood” bit. He usually remains super still, but his eyes dart left and right like they’re in a pinball machine, and then after a while, he usually re-raises. This time, I noticed no darting. More on that later.

Flop comes :5d::8d::ac:.

I check to the raiser.

He bets $500.

At this point, I need to test whether he has a single Ace, KK or pocket Aces, so I decide to raise him. In my head, I’m screaming “two pair, beware.”

I make it $1600 to go.

He goes into the tank. And that when I realize the masks are gonna save me. Because every part of the face is covered, I’m focused on the eyes. And his normal darting — it’s just... not the same. It’s different. He thinks, thinks, thinks.

Goes all in. For about $5,600.

So everything about him would usually tell me to fold because he has AA. He’s just that tight of a grinder. But those eyes, just above his black mask — they’re really different this time. And so, I trust my read, and after about 2 minutes l call.

Sure enough, he turns over :6d::7d:.

I miraculously avoid a flush and straight on both streets, and scoop up a massive pot. The adrenaline rush is something else.

EDIT: thoughts

Some thoughts about the hand: so pre-flop, given my image, he could have easily put me on a range of hands, but given my position, he probably put me on AK/AQ/AJ/KQs, or any decent pocket pair. When I called his re-raise, and knowing what he knows about how I see his image, I imagine he narrowed that down further to AKs/KK/QQ/JJ/10s or MAYBE AQs if I were being somewhat loose.

When the flop comes, and I check to him, I assume he imagines that’s SOP.

When he bets, he already thinks I’m thinking he has a super premium hand, most likely Aces, which gives him the cover the build the pot for his draws.

When I raise, and he goes into the tank, I imagine he’s trying to decide if I either have :ad::kd: or:ad::qd:. He can’t imagine I have pocket 8s, or 5s. So, he has to imagine his flush draw is no good except for the outs he has to make a straight flush. Which makes him think I’m at a 68-69% equity. It’s possible that he also considers the outside of my range against him, which would make pocket 8s a possibility. Given his push, I think he decided against that.

But he now probably thinks since I imagine him to have Aces, and he represents Aces, then the only thing he could really do is push. Because he knows I’d be calculating him at just over 70% equity and there’s no way I’d call him. And so he pushes.

So when my instincts told me he didn’t have Aces, there were only a few hands I could put him on, if he pushed. A straight draw, a straight flush draw, or just a high flush draw.

Last edited:
Just got out of one, taking a break because it was so stressful lol.

I was UTG, and have a tight-aggressive image, so I sometimes like to mix up my range so I’m not predictable.

I looked down at :5s::8s: and bet out 6BB. Super tight player in middle position re-raises to 24BB. He almost always will have a super premium hand here, most likely AA / KK / AK, and so I decided to gamble and smooth call. One thing that was a departure from his usual re-raise is that he didn’t do his whole “Hollywood” bit. He usually remains super still, but his eyes dart left and right like they’re in a pinball machine, and then after a while, he usually re-raises. This time, I noticed no darting. More on that later.

Flop comes :5d::8d::ac:.

I check to the raiser.

He bets $500.

At this point, I need to test whether he has a single Ace, KK or pocket Aces, so I decide to raise him. In my head, I’m screaming “two pair, beware.”

I make it $1600 to go.

He goes into the tank. And that when I realize the masks are gonna save me. Because every part of the face is covered, I’m focused on the eyes. And his normal darting — it’s just... not the same. It’s different. He thinks, thinks, thinks.

Goes all in. For about $5,600.

So everything about him would usually tell me to fold because he has AA. He’s just that tight of a grinder. But those eyes, just above his black mask — they’re really different this time. And so, I trust my read, and after about 2 minutes l call.

Sure enough, he turns over :6d::7d:.

I miraculously avoid a flush and straight on both streets, and scoop up a massive pot. The adrenaline rush is something else.
ran it once I assume? chip stack up date? nice hand btw. let the pure run continue! lets hope he's not on PCF and works out you have a read on him

(Pretend it’s someone else posting)

I’m always curious since I don’t do maff and someone will ask so:
View attachment 557272

Also I don’t think the general community plays at these blinds, so they might enjoy some hands ran through PAHWM with pauses at each decision point.
try the math again giving WW AA and you will probably find villan would have around 40% equity. flopped flush draw with and up and down is the perfect spot to use aggression

Always curious, when you vegas, do you stay at the wynn?

I've been a few times, almost too fancy for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom