Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (17 Viewers)

Skip color samples when you want to build mix sets..
20200928_200440.jpg

Just spend ridiculous money on singles!! Lol

So ridiculously happy with this incredible set of Dunes. Just have a couple of racks of $5s to add, one more rack of $500s and some more $25ks. Thanks to everyone who helped me build it!

Can’t wait to felt these in a game.

View attachment 542454View attachment 542455View attachment 542456View attachment 542457View attachment 542458View attachment 542459View attachment 542461View attachment 542462View attachment 542463View attachment 542464View attachment 542465
Honestly not sure if it gets better than this, even TRKs (don’t tell any of the TRK nuts I said that)

If you’ve been following this thread, you’ll recall that I reached out a manufacturing contact in China to see if they could manufacture an oversized bird cage carrier that could accommodate 43mm chips, and then use an existing mold for an octagonal chip rack with a slightly tougher polymer.

The prototypes / samples arrived this weekend, and they look great! I’ll do some testing on durability tomorrow.

Here they are without chips (my white balance is off, they’re not blue — but translucence sometimes fucks with the iPhone’s light meter)

99FEC3D6-AC27-4BA4-AFFD-4843961BDC10.jpeg
A3C72935-4EE9-4DA5-8EB2-9EDC0A16DD5C.jpeg

And here are shots with chips included:

9C476988-BF16-41D7-99BB-341471481F54.jpeg
B2CC0386-DDA6-4078-9043-DB29E9560AA7.jpeg
B4A44F12-E7EA-43D8-B9C4-11E0985A5487.jpeg

If you’ve been following this thread, you’ll recall that I reached out a manufacturing contact in China to see if they could manufacture an oversized bird cage carrier that could accommodate 43mm chips, and then use an existing mold for an octagonal chip rack with a slightly tougher polymer.

The prototypes / samples arrived this weekend, and they look great! I’ll do some testing on durability tomorrow.

Here they are without chips (my white balance is off, they’re not blue — but translucence sometimes fucks with the iPhone’s light meter)

View attachment 542580View attachment 542581

And here are shots with chips included:

View attachment 542586View attachment 542587View attachment 542585
Do these octagonal racks stay in place better than Matsui's?

Just need a few racks of Dunes $1s now. ;)

I am a slave to PCFers generosity. So far, no offers for $1s, I hear they are tightly held by the Dunes mafia, and will not be released. Would love some, to complete the set, so PM me if you have some I can buy!

I think they look nice. still worried about the thin handle. Otherwise I like the racks, do they have an interlocking system that keeps them together as one piece?

I have both, and they’re definitely not as flimsy or wobbly as Matsui. But the Matsui racks are much prettier, if that makes sense.
100% makes sense, so would you say these are much better for travelling in birdcages and matsui's are much better for displays?

100% makes sense, so would you say these are much better for travelling in birdcages and matsui's are much better for displays?

I wouldn’t recommend traveling with birdcages, these or anything else. I use them to move from one room to another. Acrylic in general is extremely sensitive to sharp force, and a little swing in the wrong direction can have chips flying everywhere. I think they’re more durable than Matsui, for sure. Sturdier.

I wouldn’t recommend traveling with birdcages, these or anything else. I use them to move from one room to another. Acrylic in general is extremely sensitive to sharp force, and a little swing in the wrong direction can have chips flying everywhere. I think they’re more durable than Matsui, for sure. Sturdier.

I don't even like taking them in the car.

I put them in something sturdier for any kind of traveling. Even like 1k chips takes a few minutes to move from a birdcage into a case more suited for travel.

Will you post some pics of how the handle and base are a single molded piece? That is the case right?

Will you post some pics of how the handle and base are a single molded piece? That is the case right?

Unfortunately, that’s not how it came back. I had a conference call with them to discuss the design, and we’re redoing a few things:

1. they’ve determined that a single molded piece will be too difficult to produce, and most likely crack anyway.

2. The handle will have to be bolted in, but we are making it about 3 inches wider.

3. I was able to load it up with 32 pounds before it clearly started straining from the weight. But a wider handle will help.

4. super impressed with the quality of the octagonal racks. They’re firm, lock in nicely, and look great.

They are redoing samples and prototypes with the wider handle, and a stronger bolting system.

Brought out my small remaining BTP cash set for a quick Pr0n shoot. Seriously considering putting this set up for trade only, for something leaded, and with history. Any suggestions?

View attachment 543169View attachment 543171View attachment 543172View attachment 543174View attachment 543175View attachment 543173
Ive noticed in some of your pron and now this one, that the chips cover the logo of the felt when there is still room to the side where you could slide the chips across so you can capture the entire chipset and the logo of your poker room. In my opinion it could be more athestically pleasing and a better long term momento for yourself if the photo of the chipset is taken is along side the logo. obviously this only applies for your smaller sets that dont take up the whole table. :LOL: :laugh: .

I have both, and they’re definitely not as flimsy or wobbly as Matsui. But the Matsui racks are much prettier, if that makes sense.

They might come off as "flimsy" because the material is thin but after receiving and re-shipping well over 800 Matsui racks, I never seen or had anyone report a broken Matsui rack that passed through my hands. They are sometime a little difficult to get lined up to interlock but other than that, I never experienced any issues with them as far as durability. I'm confident enough with them that I have all my chips are stored in them now.

They might come off as "flimsy" because the material is thin but after receiving and re-shipping well over 800 Matsui racks, I never seen or had anyone report a broken Matsui rack that passed through my hands. They are sometime a little difficult to get lined up to interlock but other than that, I never experienced any issues with them as far as durability. I'm confident enough with them that I have all my chips are stored in them now.
thats because you are a master shipper and take pride in shipping, even to hawaii I've never received anything ever even being close to damaged from @Tommy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom