Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (20 Viewers)

Between those 2 inlays I like the ship.

If you want to go with a wolf, I’d want the wolves face only or a different layout.

Quick poll on an inlay — ship or the wolf?
Couldn't say without a better idea of what either one means to you!

The wolf looks nicer but is also more overused, but then again things get overused because they're awesome.

It's also a Dragon

https://howtotrainyourdragon.fandom...alker is a kind,creatures that live in flocks.

I vote Dragon!

windwalker.jpeg

Couldn't say without a better idea of what either one means to you!

The wolf looks nicer but is also more overused, but then again things get overused because they're awesome.
Okay, now that I know what you're after... and that the art you showed was just placeholder clip art...

Knowing that you'd get a great designer to make a great design whichever way you go - I'd recommend the ship. Go with something more distinctive, where the connection is a little more obscure, a little more clever. I think you'll appreciate it more. Wolves are awesome, but a ship can be awesome too, and it's not as frequently used as wolves.

Conceptually, I think you can do better than a pirate ship (very overused) or a ghost ship (less common, but even so...) while still keeping the "ship = wind walker" idea. Not sure exactly what, but I do think there's a deeper well of creativity you can tap here.

I think ship, but if rather a different kind of ship. Viking ships have oars so I think more traditional sailboat or such is better.

I also think using the term windwalker out of the context you appreciate it is a bit of a loss fwiw. I don't want to get political but it would be even better to use an image from the movie as long as your honoring it.

I'm a hard no on wolves. All I can think about is the 3 wolves howling at the moon meme and the glorious Amazon reviews you can laugh at here

The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee https://a.co/d/25uoeM5
Nothing wrong with this shirt. Wolves FTW!

Just the name. Windwalker was a movie about Native American ghost that takes revenge, and I don’t feel like being cited for cultural appropriation, so worked on some imagery that fit the name.

A lone wolf felt right, as did a ghost pirate ship. Both are “wind walkers”.

The hell you mean kulchur aportions?! Theys Amurican Indeens, and yurs Indeen Amurican, which sames to me the ways I see it!

Quick poll on an inlay — ship or the wolf?
I love both (simple (& B&W) (not sure about the red denom)) EDIT: forgot, but RED colors (blood) works really well into a Viking theme (can explain in PMs if anyone needs)
I have a soft spot for Norse/Viking stuff so I have to choose the ship (really interested as to how you chose this)
(though the wolfwalker (skinwalker?) seem more appropriate (& more Americana))
some of my (biased) room/home shots:

Attachments

• v007.jpg
    v007.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 49
  • v006.jpg
    v006.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 47
  • v004.jpg
    v004.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_7973.jpg
    IMG_7973.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7970.jpg
    IMG_7970.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7972.jpg
    IMG_7972.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7974(2).jpg
    IMG_7974(2).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Also, isn’t there a “WindWalker” in Lovecraftian lore?
you don't want to go there
1661469064568.png

edit: crap, I just ripped off the dried out leather binding taking this out from the library (now hanging by a thread) (top left)
I now think I am in for a BAD WEEK...

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom