Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (14 Viewers)

I like how my Pr0n thread is now basically a smorgasbord of all threads in PCF combined. This is our Cheesecake Factory.

87A0A4B2-B6D6-4D86-B7E3-5A3AB24804CB.jpeg

If you’ve already done the work, not really worth it but take those layer masks for the spots, remove the donor spot pixels and use a colour overlay with the blending mode set to multiply.

In this scenario you’d use a base white chip for every design, and apply colours/spots over top of that.

It’s labour intensive, so I don’t do it for mock-ups, but it would result in a pretty photo realistic look, but the investment in time up front would be large, and again if you’ve got it mostly done already, I wouldn’t bother.

Yeah, definitely the way to go, except for a few colors. No real way to get the effect of metallic gold / silver or some of the more fluorescent colors using the overlay, I’ve found it to be more photo-realistic with real chips.

Perhaps someone who likes doing poll threads could start one for a PCF ranking of chip sets owned by @Windwalker.

Otherwise, we are just going to clog up this thread with pointless arguments to support our subjective views about this. Well, we are bound to have those anyway.

@Windwalker... I, for one, would love to see side-by-side pr0n in a rankings thread.

I love watching Krish acquire all these beautiful sets I'd never be able to afford with my chip budget.

I hope to God none of his friends from the big games decide to start buying chips. They may be interested in chips in my budget range!!

Yeah the speed at which he was able to acquire all the unicorns was astonishing. I believe he has a unique skill of being able to enter a hobby market and cut through to the heart of it. He prob sees things completely different than most people. It’s very impressive and a joy to watch his chipping journey unfold

Yeah the speed at which he was able to acquire all the unicorns was astonishing. I believe he has a unique skill of being able to enter a hobby market and cut through to the heart of it. He prob sees things completely different than most people. It’s very impressive and a joy to watch his chipping journey unfold
Oh, and money... Money helps....

I have and still think they belong far, far down on that list. :bag:
+1.... doesn’t mean I don’t love giraffes, but some of these other sets are just so sophisticated and marvelous. Giraffes are great in their own right still though for me personally.... but I also didn’t quadruple up with them in play :LOL: :laugh:

Edit: also if the $5 was a canary I might be singing a different tune

I still don't understand why all the people that owned most of these unicorn sets decide to sell them. Is it really just all about $$$?
Krish is doing arbitrage. He finds someone with a Starlite set who really wants TRKs, and someone with TRKs who really wants Starlites. Then he works out a deal.

... and takes his cut. :)

I like how my Pr0n thread is now basically a smorgasbord of all threads in PCF combined. This is our Cheesecake Factory.

View attachment 586094
I come back here so that I can see all of the old school chips with heritage and history that I'm likely never to see in person, in play, or being sold. It's great as a resource to be honest.

May want to start your own media/gallery as I'm sure there are chips in here a lot of folks have never seen or even heard of, sets that are almost 1 or 1, or at least 1 of 1 not stuffed in someone's closet.

Oh, and money... Money helps....
I think this ability to perceive reality (and properly prioritize) a lot more clearly than most folks contributes to both Krish's success at chipping and his success at life (at least materially).

As someone who was active in chipping for a few years in the early 2000s (OMG WHY DIDN'T I BUY TRK CUSTOMS?!!!!) and then got back into it the last couple of years, the ratio of time I spend daydreaming/reading this site to actually buying/creating sets has been pretty high up until recently.

And one of the things that has spurred me on is following Krish's journey here.

But this kind of indecision/fear/procrastination/lack of clarity is something that's affected more than my chipping. I recently turned 50 (with two young kids) and feel the urgency to focus and act on what's important in my career/health/finances.

p.s. @Josh Kifer both your Scarlet's Room and Cactus Club sets are sick.

I think this ability to perceive reality (and properly prioritize) a lot more clearly than most folks contributes to both Krish's success at chipping and his success at life (at least materially).

As someone who was active in chipping for a few years in the early 2000s (OMG WHY DIDN'T I BUY TRK CUSTOMS?!!!!) and then got back into it the last couple of years, the ratio of time I spend daydreaming/reading this site to actually buying/creating sets has been pretty high up until recently.

And one of the things that has spurred me on is following Krish's journey here.

But this kind of indecision/fear/procrastination/lack of clarity is something that's affected more than my chipping. I recently turned 50 (with two young kids) and feel the urgency to focus and act on what's important in my career/health/finances.

p.s. @Josh Kifer both your Scarlet's Room and Cactus Club sets are sick.
I just did these and kinda love them too....
IMG_20201203_214504.jpg

Hahaha

More power to WW. He's gotten some jaw dropping sets. I hope he finds some more.

I'm gonna keep murdering stuff, because it's what I do. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom