Will I Regret Selling My Pick Hobson's Set? (1 Viewer)

kk405

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I jumped at buying the minty/chalky $5s (200) and $25s (200) as I think they are some of the best chips around. And the $100s are out of this world, but harder to come by (finally got a few - 28). Now I am thinking of selling the entire set, only because I never have put them in play and will never put them in play either... thoughts? will I regret selling them or the fact that is is super unlikely they will ever be put in play is a good enough reason to let them find a new home? I know, stupid first world problems :eek:

IMG_7171.JPG

As @Ben pointed out to me when I was talking about selling a set. He simply asked "Do I need the money". I didn't. Let the set sit on the shelf, or the money sit in the bank? If your asking this question before even actually selling it then I think you already have your answer.

B

Put em into play!!!

Can't. Won't.

No one in the game I play in knows anything about chips, nor do they even care, which is really sad, but makes me wonder why I even have these chips :cautious:

I absolutely loved my Pick Hobsons set and had no plans on selling at all. The chips are awesome. I don't play tourneys but my plan was to use the hundos as $1s as I would never need actual hundos in my set...I would just get more fivers or $25s as needed. That being said, one of my sets that I have been hunting since I started chipping became available shortly after I had this set, and I HAD to sell in order to acquire said set.

So like @detroitdad said, if you don't need the money right now, sit on them and try everything you can to get them in play. Gorgeous set.

As @Ben pointed out to me when I was talking about selling a set. He simply asked "Do I need the money". I didn't. Let the set sit on the shelf, or the money sit in the bank? If your asking this question before even actually selling it then I think you already have your answer.

B

I don't need the money. But hate the idea of 'hoarding'. Chips or anything else. I am about to sell a lot of chips soon. Just trying to figure out which ones.

But I do know these are hard to come by and was very happy to snatch them at first...

Can't. Won't.

No one in the game I play in knows anything about chips, nor do they even care, which is really sad, but makes me wonder why I even have these chips :cautious:
I buy the chips mainly for myself. Maybe a couple of people have said something at first about the chips we use but that's really it. But man is it awesome playing with nice chips.

I'm the same. I buy chips for me. Whether they get into play or not. I think you'd regret this. If you don't need the $$, then I would keep them and enjoy them.

I would personally keep them. Not every set is certified awesome, but that is one of them. Since it's not a money issue, sell others instead.

I'm the outcast here, but if I can't put a set in play, I am not keeping it. I'd rather someone use it than me hoarding it.

Again, I know I am not in the norm.

Mark

The difference between CR and I is that I have a lot of regrets, and Paulo has absolutely no regrets! He still owns every chip he ever bought.
I'm pretty sure he just sold a set without ever getting it into play. Technically it was sold as two sets.

I don't need the money. But hate the idea of 'hoarding'. Chips or anything else. I am about to sell a lot of chips soon. Just trying to figure out which ones.

I hear you brother. I am willing to take one for the team and hoard them for you (y) :thumbsup:

Good news! Maybe he's getting over his hoarding problem. Or maybe his house has no more space. Who knows.

Amazing chips.....

For me they would be keepers, if only to be able to take them from time to time and enjoy their pure beauty....

But I do know these are hard to come by and was very happy to snatch them at first...
Dibs. They will be happier joining their siblings here, where they will get some deserved attention and not sit on a shelf.

It's the chip humane thing to do. :)

2 Legends and 1 Royal YAKs! Making progress...
Meh.... selling ceramics, plastics, and chinese chips isn't really downsizing....... it's just a passive-aggressive way to upgrade the neighborhood. :D

Let me know when some high-end Paulson sets or BCC chips leave the building. Or ASM/CPC customs, god forbid. ;)

You won't regret selling them. They're just chips collecting dust :sneaky: Raffle would be awesome.

Dibs. They will be happier joining their siblings here, where they will get some deserved attention and not sit on a shelf.

It's the chip humane thing to do. :)

Yup. Saw how quickly you snapped-up the last set that came up for sale. I was 2 minutes too late to get me some much-needed hundos :mad:

Meh.... selling ceramics, plastics, and chinese chips isn't really downsizing....... it's just a passive-aggressive way to upgrade the neighborhood. :D

I am afraid that's what I am doing too, as much as I keep saying to myself that I need to sell most of my chips as they are going unused. :oops:

I like to have a variety of sets to rotate into play. I have four cash sets. I only host once every 6 weeks. Sometimes I feel like one of mine could go since its only seeing the felt a couple of times a year. Then I revert back to what Ben said. Since I don't need the money. I'm not going to move the set.

Yes. You will regret selling them.

Btw...I didn't have to read a word other than the title of the OP.
Same response. Literally copy and paste what this man said but change the user name to mine.

Can't. Won't.

Don't sell your chips, get better players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom