Why I don’t love limit poker (1 Viewer)

There is definitely an adrenaline rush when you are in a 4 way hand that was capped betting on every street to the river and you hit your massive draw to scoop it all!!
Which is exactly why I don't play limit. I may have the best hand by far but in a four way the chances of getting beat grow immensely and there is no way to push guys out. But its why poker is so great. Plenty of ways to play for everybody to find the games that they like.

Which is exactly why I don't play limit. I may have the best hand by far but in a four way the chances of getting beat grow immensely and there is no way to push guys out. But its why poker is so great. Plenty of ways to play for everybody to find the games that they like.
I recently heard a pretty good statistic regarding this, and it definitely changed my persepctive a bit. If you've got AA and 9-way action, you're still 31% to win that pot. And though it stinks losing with AA two out of three times, you're winning A LOT of bets when you win.

I recently heard a pretty good statistic regarding this, and it definitely changed my persepctive a bit. If you've got AA and 9-way action, you're still 31% to win that pot. And though it stinks losing with AA two out of three times, you're winning A LOT of bets when you win.

The mistake is playing limit hold'em lol.

Well to be fair you can’t price a monster draw out in PLO either. The only game you can price people out of their draw is no limit hold’em. And even then if you are deep enough the implied odds could still justify a call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom