Where can I find these? (1 Viewer)

AcesUp907

Pair
Reaction score
204FB8D5-B5F7-4921-9264-D8FC7832628E.jpeg

I ordered this sample set a long time ago from poker chip lounge but they are no longer on the site. Does anyone know if they are still made? I honestly don’t think these are half bad chips and the mold is pretty solid.

I belive these are PGI (palms gaming international) China clays. Greek key mold. Also called "Great wall". PGI used to sell them, but they are no longer in business. @ABC Gifts and Awards bought them out I belive, but not sure if they still have any of the old PGI stuff?

Do some searching on the forum. There are mentions in various threads about them.

You might find some with a wanted ad in the classifieds here, or by keeping lookout on Facebook marketplace or similar secondhand websites.

I belive these are PGI (palms gaming international) China clays. Greek key mold. Also called "Great wall". PGI used to sell them, but they are no longer in business. @ABC Gifts and Awards bought them out I belive, but not sure if they still have any of the old PGI stuff?

Do some searching on the forum. There are mentions in various threads about them.

You might find some with a wanted ad in the classifieds here, or by keeping lookout on Facebook marketplace or similar secondhand websites.
thanks, been reading a bit. Seems they dont hold up well over time

thanks, been reading a bit. Seems they dont hold up well over time
Yes, there were various different spot patterns with different molds - greek key like these, spirit mold, and a few with a scroll mold. Some were more durable than others. The greek key mold with the 8V spot seem to be the most durable. Some of the Spirit mold chips are the least durable including some that crumble quite easily. Others are somewhere in between. It appears that either they experimented with various china clay recipes and made some improvements along the way, or there were manufacturing problems with some batches.

I have a huge set of these with the 8V spot pattern, use them a lot, and have no durability issues. I also have samples of most all the other different molds and spot patterns. There's a big variety in how they feel. Some feel a LOT like Paulson clay, but I think the ones that feel the most clay-like are the ones that are the least durable. JMHO.

Yes, there were various different spot patterns with different molds - greek key like these, spirit mold, and a few with a scroll mold. Some were more durable than others. The greek key mold with the 8V spot seem to be the most durable. Some of the Spirit mold chips are the least durable including some that crumble quite easily. Others are somewhere in between. It appears that either they experimented with various china clay recipes and made some improvements along the way, or there were manufacturing problems with some batches.

I have a huge set of these with the 8V spot pattern, use them a lot, and have no durability issues. I also have samples of most all the other different molds and spot patterns. There's a big variety in how they feel. Some feel a LOT like Paulson clay, but I think the ones that feel the most clay-like are the ones that are the least durable. JMHO.
I was thinking about making an order but I guess that’s not an option anymore lol. These seemed a good alternative to spending $$$ for some CPCs. Ceramics are great for design but feel is just not there at all for me. China Clays next best option maybe…

I was thinking about making an order but I guess that’s not an option anymore lol. These seemed a good alternative to spending $$$ for some CPCs. Ceramics are great for design but feel is just not there at all for me. China Clays next best option maybe…
I agree 100%! That's why I own a lot of these and others that are similar. Did you see the sale ad for the very similar spirit mold chips? I think someone tagged you in it.

I agree 100%! That's why I own a lot of these and others that are similar. Did you see the sale ad for the very similar spirit mold chips? I think someone tagged you in it.
Yes I did thanks. Im looking for a large supply of chips though. 3500-4000 chips. CCs such as Majestic or Dunes are never in stock fully on Apache. Very frustrating.....

Oh wow! yeah, that's a lot of chips. Unlikely you will find enough chips in the right numbers through PCF. And I suppose you don't want to spend $10K on CPCs?

I'm actually pondering my own forever set which I would like to cover 2-3 tables. Probably 1600-2000 chips. I just don't see many good ways to get that many chips other than custom CPCs.

If you're happy with Dunes or Majestic, have you tried talking directly with anyone at Apache? Surely if you give them numbers of exactly what you want, they can place an order that will meet it. No?

Oh wow! yeah, that's a lot of chips. Unlikely you will find enough chips in the right numbers through PCF. And I suppose you don't want to spend $10K on CPCs?

I'm actually pondering my own forever set which I would like to cover 2-3 tables. Probably 1600-2000 chips. I just don't see many good ways to get that many chips other than custom CPCs.

If you're happy with Dunes or Majestic, have you tried talking directly with anyone at Apache? Surely if you give them numbers of exactly what you want, they can place an order that will meet it. No?
lol I was actually planning to do $9k but I just decided now that I would regret spending that much and then have people ruin them, take them home...etc. Not everyone appreciates quality chips. Thats why im considering a different route now... I have a 3k+ piece classic Paulson set right now that im going to be selling most likely. The whites and Reds are worn and I kind of procured them from a debt. I was going to try to get $6k for them and upgrade but not anymore. Im going to think about replacing the whites and reds and maybe relabeling the rest...idk yet. Ill see what is economical...it will be hard to find 2000+ Red Paulson chips that are in good shape.

Nice! Unfortunately I need THC mold.

So how often are you hosting and how many players do you have that you need such big sets and they get so much wear??? :eek:

Nice! Unfortunately I need THC mold.

So how often are you hosting and how many players do you have that you need such big sets and they get so much wear??? :eek:
nightly, 1-2 tables. I know its a lot of chips but we like it that way =D

partly why it needs to be big, stretch the wear n tear

nightly, 1-2 tables. I know its a lot of chips but we like it that way =D

partly why it needs to be big, stretch the wear n tear
And I thought it was aggressive to think I might eventually want to host once a week... You are one serious poker dude! Just get the damn CPCs already!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom