What should the "Seven Deuce Game cost at my stakes? (1 Viewer)

sup_squidy

Sitting Out
Reaction score
$0.25/$0.25 game where the typical buy in and rebuy is $25 What should the cost be to each player?
bonus question what's a good stand up game loser price?
I want some of them to try these games for the first time and not hate it.

$1 from every player.
Yeah that’s as high as I’d go. Those sort of games always seem bizarre to me, where an uninvolved innocent bystander can get hit for a penalty for no reason at all. Four big blinds is more than enough.
There should be some sort of mechanism whereby if a guy tries for the 7/2 bonus and fails, he has to pay everybody at the table!

We ante a buck to get it started and then rake a quarter each pot.
Interesting I like this only tax the winner wouldn't bother newer players so much. Not to mention the "jack pot" building will create an interesting dynamic the larger it grows. How long does your jack pot usually last before someone claims it? What's the typical payout?

Yeah that’s as high as I’d go. Those sort of games always seem bizarre to me, where an uninvolved innocent bystander can get hit for a penalty for no reason at all. Four big blinds is more than enough.
There should be some sort of mechanism whereby if a guy tries for the 7/2 bonus and fails, he has to pay everybody at the table!
He loses the pot lol

My group has always done 4 bb at similar stakes. We tried implementing a rake to build it up but found newer players would focus on it too much haha. It’s definitely interesting when it builds up after a while!

I was just watching a Boring Brad Owen video and he was playing $25/50/50 in Bobby’s room. They paid $200 each for the 2/7 game. So that seems pretty definitive to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom