Cash Game What should I add to my set? $1s or $5s (1 Viewer)

Polochris

Flush
Reaction score
Hey All,

As the title says, I am curious what I should add to my breakdown below. Its not a NEED, but the price is too good to pass up. Just not sure if I should get one over the other.

Breakdown:

100-.25
200-$1
200-$5
20-$20 another 20 to come :)
100-$25
20-$100

Cash game consists of 6-10 players, on one table. Some people buy in for $20 and re-load often, some people buy in for $100 and and re-load once. It really depends. Some nights are pretty juicy. Sometimes we do .25 antes, sometimes its .25/50. Also want to future proof my set for .$50/$1 and $1/$2 one day, so I am thinking another rack of $5s is the answer here. Would love to hear what you would do.

Thank you!

Your game runs very similar to mine... however by the end of the night with multiple reloads, most of my buddies prefer the $20/$25 chips for insta-shoves...

but if I had to choose, more fives.

Your game runs very similar to mine... however by the end of the night with multiple reloads, most of my buddies prefer the $20/$25 chips for insta-shoves...

but if I had to choose, more fives.

Thank you! Love your YouTube vids by the way :)

Another way to think about it: If you move up to $1/2, then $1 is the bring in/blinds and $5 are the workhorse. You'll never need 300 $1s in a $1/2 game, just like you don't need 300 25c in 25c/50c game...so if your game grows, you'll need $5s.

Also - do you use $20s and $25s in the same game? Seems strange to me if you do.
If you're getting another barrel of $20s, I'd just pick one or the other for that range of denomination. Right now, if you don't use both in play (not recommended), then you're limiting the actual potential bank of the set while having the set numbers higher. Less efficient.

Depends if you want more chips!!! You can run one table at your stakes with two racks of $1's. Get more $1's if you want more chips on the table. At the very least you should add more $5's.

Look at it this way. With 10 players that buy in up to $100 and if everyone buys in for another $100 on the average you will need a total bank of $2000.

Your current bank is $5725 not counting the 20's. So you have plenty for the size stakes that you are playing. But there is always MOAR CHIPES!!!

Another way to think about it: If you move up to $1/2, then $1 is the bring in/blinds and $5 are the workhorse. You'll never need 300 $1s in a $1/2 game, just like you don't need 300 25c in 25c/50c game...so if your game grows, you'll need $5s.

Also - do you use $20s and $25s in the same game? Seems strange to me if you do.
If you're getting another barrel of $20s, I'd just pick one or the other for that range of denomination. Right now, if you don't use both in play (not recommended), then you're limiting the actual potential bank of the set while having the set numbers higher. Less efficient.

Good info here, and it makes perfect sense.

No I do not use both. This is a PNY set, and the $20 are hard to find! $25s are more there for when the $5 becomes the work horse chip.

Depends if you want more chips!!! You can run one table at your stakes with two racks of $1's. Get more $1's if you want more chips on the table. At the very least you should add more $5's.

Look at it this way. With 10 players that buy in up to $100 and if everyone buys in for another $100 on the average you will need a total bank of $2000.

Your current bank is $5725 not counting the 20's. So you have plenty for the size stakes that you are playing. But there is always MOAR CHIPES!!!

Well said! Good stuff!

Well said! Good stuff!
One of my games is a .25/.25 and sometime a .25/.50 and I rarely get through a couple of barrels and sometimes have to throw in some $25's as target chips!!! This is done with only two racks of $1's.

When you start playing larger games you will need more $5's! You will have found this out if you have attended a meetup!

David

Some people buy in for $20 and re-load often, some people buy in for $100 and and re-load once. It really depends. Some nights are pretty juicy. Sometimes we do .25 antes, sometimes its .25/50.

For these stakes in the here and now my instinct is extra singles. But since you seem to have this eye on the future...

Also want to future proof my set for .$50/$1 and $1/$2 one day, so I am thinking another rack of $5s is the answer here. Would love to hear what you would do.

Fives are more useful in these stakes for sure.

All of that said, if the price is truly "too good to pass up" get a rack of each, and then no regrets either way.

Which one do you most feel is missing in your current game? When the players are sitting down, do you or they ever think "Man, I wish I had more $X chips on the table right now"?

If future proofing is the main goal then 5s without a doubt.

That said, after moving to 3 racks of 1s in my .50/.50 game I don’t think I can go back to only 2 for any set

JSdXWjF.jpg

If you want to truly future proof your set for stakes up to $1/$2, then $5s are the answer.

If you want to add more chips to your current stakes, $5s are still the answer lol

Add 1 more rack of $1s if you’d like to because you and your players want it, but they won’t be needed long term

That said, after moving to 3 racks of 1s in my .50/.50 game I don’t think I can go back to only 2 for any set

I agree, I am actually putting out 4 racks of singles in my 0.50-0.50 game (plus 30 in halves). We only do 60 max buy in, but it works, gets about 500-600 chips on the table in total or right around 60-65 chips per player. 100 singles is doing the job of 20 fives so it's net 80 chips on the table for each rack of singles you add. Which comes to about 8-9 extra chips per player. Stacks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom