What pool temperature should I have when hosting? (H20) (2 Viewers)

Coyote: (posts some drivel about water privilege and the US blah blah)

Also Coyote: (hits “post” button and smiles satisfactorily while on a website where we’re buying chip sets for thousands of dollars with ostensibly expendable income).
I just dropped a week of 90 degree water on dealer buttons…BOOYAH

Seriously, I will heat mine to 89 in the early part of the season. Texas summer heat takes care of it the rest of the time.
Mine is like 95+ now - lol. (Also in TX)

Honestly, anything above 85 feels like bath water to me.

Ya 'all know how this sounds to 2 thousand million people (2 billion), a quarter of mankind, who have no access to fresh water and drink excrement-filled water, which we wouldn't use to even wash our hands.
And there it is. Everybody fill in your pools! And get rid of those chips.

“You know, there are five thousand million people in the world who would love to play poker, but they live on less than 25 euro cents per day and just need Americans to fill in their pools and all poverty will be solved.”

This is all shocking to me. I’m not used to heated pools, though I am used to the ocean anywhere in the 60s.
I’d would have said a 75 degree pool is luxurious. You people talking mid to high 80s have this cheapass bill-payer dad ready to flip his lid.

“You know, there are five thousand million people in the world who would love to play poker, but they live on less than 25 euro cents per day and just need Americans to fill in their pools and all poverty will be solved.”
I think those are the people who are all a lot better at 10NL than me.

Coyote: (posts some drivel about water privilege and the US blah blah)

Also Coyote: (hits “post” button and smiles satisfactorily while on a website where we’re buying chip sets for thousands of dollars with ostensibly expendable income).
And again:
Screenshot_20230830_063722_Google.jpg

Mine is like 95+ now - lol. (Also in TX)

Honestly, anything above 85 feels like bath water to me.
I agree with @TheRealTeddyKGB a lot depends on ambient air temps and activity. 85 when it is in the low 70s and I’m just floating in my beanbag chair is not comfortable. 85 when it is in the high 90s is great.

like @upNdown, I grew up on the East Coast swimming in the Atlantic. Anything above 80 is warm - lol.
Agreed except I grew up in the Pacific! This is always a hot topic of debate at the club I work at. Especially with people who believe the water temp is supposed to keep you warm instead of keep you cool. (I'm in the water hours a day so this thread is total click bait for me)

Competition temp is 79° + or - 1°. Short course pools are 25yrds & long course pools are 50meters. The pool in question is 10yrds long. Not exactly a lap pool & I'm pretty sure the OP is looking for what most people find comfortable that aren't actually "swimming" so I'm sticking with 87°. If the air is >90 drop 2 or 3° if the air is <60 raise 2 or 3°.

For all you swimmers out there that like cold water I invite you to come on out & take part in the Trans-Tahoe Relay Race next July. We can have a meet up afterwards!!

So a small trick when owning a pool. If you have a fountain or a waterfall then a lot of heat/cold is picked up by this water. So if you run the fountain at night when the temps are cooler then you’ll wake up to a cooler pool. If you run during the day the pool will stabilize around the daytime temperature.

So a small trick when owning a pool. If you have a fountain or a waterfall then a lot of heat/cold is picked up by this water. So if you run the fountain at night when the temps are cooler then you’ll wake up to a cooler pool. If you run during the day the pool will stabilize around the daytime temperature.
Evaporation is a great tool to cool water!

Ya 'all know how this sounds to 2 thousand million people (2 billion), a quarter of mankind, who have no access to fresh water and drink excrement-filled water, which we wouldn't use to even wash our hands.

Sounds like a strong arguement for protecting the borders. Only so much room at the INN so to speak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom