What pool temperature should I have when hosting? (H20) (1 Viewer)

philhut

Flush
Reaction score
I have recently put a pool in my yard as part of a landscaping reno. Any pool guru's here have any advice on temperatures I should aim for when having folks over so most everyone is comfortable?...I'dlike to balance between cool refreshing/warm bathwater of perceived pool temps. Would various groups/ages may do better at different temperatures ?

Finally someone who NEEDS plastic cards!!!

As someone who works & who has run pools you'll never be able to please everyone. That being said I feel 87° is a good target.

Air temp plays a big part in perceived pool temp along with exertion level & duration. If people are literally just lounging you can go up to 90° if it's not hot out.

We keep our competitive pool @ 80° most of the year. (81° in winter) & our teaching pool @ 87° (90° in winter)

I have recently put a pool in my yard as part of a landscaping reno. Any pool guru's here have any advice on temperatures I should aim for when having folks over so most everyone is comfortable?...I'dlike to balance between cool refreshing/warm bathwater of perceived pool temps. Would various groups/ages may do better at different temperatures ?
Yeah definitely mid 80's.

I keep our pool heat pump set at 90, running from 10am to 8pm, which keeps the pool at 88-90 all year round -- except for August, when the heat pump does nothing and the pool stays at 93-94. 94 to me feels like my usual shower temp...

I'd say 88 is optimal.

Seriously, I will heat mine to 89 in the early part of the season. Texas summer heat takes care of it the rest of the time.

People here try to chill their pools in the summer. Mine peaked at 94 (which is probably too hot for a healthy pool). Gonna be mid 80s and amazing in early October. Mid October we switch to hot tub (101-102)

Ya 'all know how this sounds to 2 thousand million people (2 billion), a quarter of mankind, who have no access to fresh water and drink excrement-filled water, which we wouldn't use to even wash our hands.

But you do have an expendable underclass in America, redneck white or black, to be killed in wars ensuring affordable water and energy prices at home.

Ya 'all know how this sounds to 2 thousand million people (2 billion), a quarter of mankind, who have no access to fresh water and drink excrement-filled water, which we wouldn't use to even wash our hands.
Stamata!

Enjoy the Mediterranean while us Americans have pools :)

Wait till they find out what we pay for clay chips…

But you do have an expendable underclass in America, redneck white or black, to be killed in wars ensuring affordable water and energy prices at home.
Screenshot_20230830_063722_Google.jpg

I am not 100% sure, its a 14x30 inground salt water pool. A Latham Pool "laguna" model.
You need to provide depths to calculate gallons. You can use an average depth like if your pool is 3' then 4' then 5' the average depth is 4'. The formula is be Length x Width x Depth

Not just affordable water and energy — someone has to bail out your pathetic excuse for a modern economy.

(Looks around). Well, I guess it falls us on us to bail out Greece again like a leaky rowboat.

(Camera pans to Coyote who yells “THIS…IS…SPAAAATTTAHHHH” while kicking an American flag, missing, and falling to the ground while clutching his sprained ankle)

Reactions: JWC
Coyote: (posts some drivel about water privilege and the US blah blah)

Also Coyote: (hits “post” button and smiles satisfactorily while on a website where we’re buying chip sets for thousands of dollars with ostensibly expendable income).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom