What did you use to clean your HSIs? (1 Viewer)

TwoHomie

Two Pair
Reaction score
Finally getting around to cleaning my used primary set and just pulled the trigger on a Vevor 6L.

Is Lundmark TSP still the way to go? Or have people had success with simple green or dawn?

This is my first big foray into cleaning and I’d really prefer to avoid fading, so I’d probably trade maximum cleanliness for color preservation if that’s an option.

I’d say TSP and a tub should be fine. Do a barrel at a time. Toss in. Quick tooth brush scrub, rinse bucket, dry. Will take a few hours but result will be very good.

I got these results with dawn soapy lukewarm presoak.

Then toothbrush scrub, rinse. Dry. Light edge oiling. Wipe.

Presto. . .
20201221_100329.jpg
20201221_100252.jpg

For used HSIs:
Dishwashing liquid and a soft nail brush for the colored chips.
20 minute soak in OxiClean then scrub with a nail brush for the white $1s.

No oil, I like ‘em “chalky”.
I tried oiling some used $5s in the beginning...too slippery.

Does that work better than an ultrasonic?
I wish I had an ultrasonic to actually know the answer to this legit question.

I've gotta get on the Ultrasonic wagon and buy. Also still don't have a proper scale for chips. Gotta get me one of those too.

STILL NEED A HOT DOG ROLLER!!! I've got so much work to do ...

I wish I had an ultrasonic to actually know the answer to this legit question.

I've gotta get on the Ultrasonic wagon and buy. Also still don't have a proper scale for chips. Gotta get me one of those too.

STILL NEED A HOT DOG ROLLER!!! I've got so much work to do ...
One day I’ll come to your place with Hot dog machine
And you can’t say “No”

HOT DOG ROLLER?? Can't tell if serious or joking hahaha.

Yeah I saw a video from Hobbyist that an ultrasonic wasn't needed. So am curious about how peoples mileage varies...
Quite serious my friend. Very serious. If and when I resume hosting, I'm gonna live a little and get me a roller for all the guys and gals that do attend my games

Thank you all!

I’ve had incredible luck with dawn and a very light magic eraser on a few chips, so that’s definitely an option on the table. Hoping the ultrasonic will save me a few hours given that I have >1000 chips to go, and all are pretty hooker juiced.

Attachments

• CCD19F3C-83F5-4D01-9557-29393CC87849.jpeg
    CCD19F3C-83F5-4D01-9557-29393CC87849.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 90
Thank you all!

I’ve had incredible luck with dawn and a very light magic eraser on a few chips, so that’s definitely an option on the table. Hoping the ultrasonic will save me a few hours given that I have >1000 chips to go, and all are pretty hooker juiced.
Throw a couple barrels in a bucket of soapy water for 10 minutes, hit lightly with a soft nail brush. Gunk comes off much easier after a small soak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom