What are your favourite cards to use? (1 Viewer)

I've been looking here in the US and it's been hard to find those... Amazon has only the Blue deck for $13... eBay a few more decks but for more $$$... If they do show up here and you need reshipping, just let me know CBL...

I love those cards as well... It sucks some of my favorites are oop: Modiano Platinum Jumbo, Fournier WSOP, Dal Negro...

Are you referring to the 2014 WSOP bridge size cards, or the poker size breakouts? If you are talking about the poker size "breakout" cards, it still possible to get both red/blue at a decent price?

I've been looking here in the US and it's been hard to find those... Amazon has only the Blue deck for $13... eBay a few more decks but for more $$$... If they do show up here and you need reshipping, just let me know CBL...

Thanks. I periodically check Amazon and eBay for them. There's a few setups for $50 and a carton (6 red / 6 blue) for approx $230 Cdn shipped, but that's still pretty darn expensive.

Kem Paisleys are my favorite look by far but they are only available in bridge size, fell in love with the game using Copag poker size, but am leaning towards Modiano Platinum Acetates as far as feel and quality lately

Are you referring to the 2014 WSOP bridge size cards, or the poker size breakouts? If you are talking about the poker size "breakout" cards, it still possible to get both red/blue at a decent price?

display_12_mazzi_di_carte_fournier_wsop_per_poker_texas_hold_em.jpg

These ones. Poker size.

Fournier generally don't seem that widely available and thete are not many places that sell the WSOP.

Cheapest in the UK is equivalent to $15/deck.

Fournier website lists them. I've toyed with the idea of contacting them and getting prices for a GB.

display_12_mazzi_di_carte_fournier_wsop_per_poker_texas_hold_em.jpg

These ones. Poker size.

Fournier generally don't seem that widely available and thete are not many places that sell the WSOP.

Cheapest in the UK is equivalent to $15/deck.

Fournier website lists them. I've toyed with the idea of contacting them and getting prices for a GB.
Those are the ones I was referring to. I'd love to have another setup.

Edit: Hmmm...there's a 12-deck carton (6 red/6 blue) on eBay for 85.00 euros. To my door (shipping and customs factored in), that's approx $185 Cdn, so I'd have to resell the 4 setups I don't want for approx $31 Cdn each to break even. That's still steep.

Stupid exchange rate...

Last edited:
I like the KEM Arrowbacks; the KEM Paisley color choices seem to gaudy/clashy for me.

The Da Vincis I just got are the Persianos, in green and red.

persianos.jpg

Those are the ones I was referring to. I'd love to have another setup.

Edit: Hmmm...there's a 12-deck carton (6 red/6 blue) on eBay for 85.00 euros. To my door (shipping and customs factored in), that's approx $185 Cdn, so I'd have to resell the 4 setups I don't want for approx $31 Cdn each to break even. That's still steep.

Stupid exchange rate...

I'll try and give Fournier a bell next week, see what the skinny is on buying direct or through a wholesaler.

So i received my setups of Desjgn Classic Victorians (in 4 colors) and a setup of Modiano Platinums. I have to say i really like the Desjgn cards a lot both in looks and feel. I think the orange and purples have found their way into the rotation.

I do like the feel of the Modianos but they seem so plain to me and I really can't stand the shape of the spade for some reason.

I do like the feel of the Modianos but they seem so plain to me and I really can't stand the shape of the spade for some reason.

That's interesting to me that you feel that way. I think I like the look of the pips on Modianos more than any other cards I've ever seen.

Another vote here for pre-USPC Kems, followed closely by Desjgn cards. Their Classic Culture line reminds me somewhat of a slightly stiffer pre-USPC Kem, but I prefer the card stock of the Classic Victorians.

Gemaco Superflex gets an honorable mention. They have a very unique feel amongst all the major card manufacturers. YMMV

For my home games , is Fournier 2818 poker size for large table and Gemaco bridge size for short table , the regular price is 8/9 Euros deck for Fournier WSOP in Spain, but in some Sites if is more cheap but take care of china fakes of some Italian and German sellers

Just got some Desjgn Classic Victorians in. Love the feel and appearance. Can't wait to get them into an actual game.

These are pretty much the only cards I use anymore. Love them.

The desjgn diamonds have always bothered me. Like the cards but that suit style lets them down for me.

I have at least 9-10 set up of WSOP 2011s here. They were only 10 bucks each in Toronto. Great feeling card and couldnt beat the price. I only use bridge size anymore though

I have 4 setups of the desjgn classic victorians and absolutely love them. They are my go to choice...orange, green, purple and brown.

I love my Copags (jumbos) but reading the comments here, seems the KEMs feel / handle better? Will have to source a packet and try them out. No complaints from my friends re. my Copags though :)

I love my Copags (jumbos) but reading the comments here, seems the KEMs feel / handle better? Will have to source a packet and try them out. No complaints from my friends re. my Copags though :)
Pre USPC Kems are nice, have to be very specific when looking for those on eBay, they have a completely different feel and longevity than Post USPC Kems,

I have a setup of jdesign cards that i really like also have a setup of cartamundi which i find a little slick. need to try a set of copags or some kems

I have 4 setups of the desjgn classic victorians and absolutely love them. They are my go to choice...orange, green, purple and brown.

Mine are becoming popular. I just wish he would bring the red/blue colours back. There were complaints that the purple /green cards were too easily mixed up when both were in use, although I didn't have an issue (and I normally have colour issues). Swapping in the orange deck fixed it, but it would be good to have radically different colours in the same setup to avoid issues (red / blue, yellow / black, purple / orange, etc).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom