What are the best 9 chairs $500 can buy? (1 Viewer)

elemeno

Pair
Reaction score
I’ve been tinkering with my budget and decided to get better chairs. What’s the best 9 chairs $500 can buy? For simplicity’s sake, let’s assume new/matching chairs that can be conveniently stored when not in use. Which brands/companies should I look into?

Last edited:
Describe conveniently stored. You're choices are limited at the approximately $50 per chair price point. Costco and Sams offer chairs like these:
Screenshot_20240126-160527_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240126-160559_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not sure what your living arrangements are, is there an attic or basement? Apartment?

Describe conveniently stored. You're choices are limited at the approximately $50 per chair price point. Costco and Sams offer chairs like these:
View attachment 1262132View attachment 1262133
Not sure what your living arrangements are, is there an attic or basement? Apartment?
Good question. I guess it would be great if I can stack or fold them to be tucked away in a closet.

If you’re not opposed to used, plenty of PCF members have scoured Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for banquet chairs, and you may even get lucky and find some Gasser chairs.
++1 this ^^^^ you can score some great chairs for cheap.

If you want new, I have had great luck with "church chairs." They seem to be a bit more expensive then I remember, but worth looking in to. Two recommendations:

1. Go with the wider 21" wide seat option.
2. If available, go with thicker foam. 2" and 3" foam flattened after a couple of years for me, but the 4" thick ones I have held up great.

Good luck!!

++1 this ^^^^ you can score some great chairs for cheap.

If you want new, I have had great luck with "church chairs." They seem to be a bit more expensive then I remember, but worth looking in to. Two recommendations:

1. Go with the wider 21" wide seat option.
2. If available, go with thicker foam. 2" and 3" foam flattened after a couple of years for me, but the 4" thick ones I have held up great.

Good luck!!
Great to know, thank you!

+1 on Craigslist etc wedding, functions, companies closing etc you’ll likely find someone trying to offload them at a big discount

Be patient and find banquet chairs on FB marketplace, Craigslist, etc. Should be able to get them for anywhere between $20 and $40 in great condition

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom