• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine We have moved mainstream yall (1 Viewer)

There was a woman on Etsy who was using some of her husband’s starbursts to decorate planting boxes. Not sure how well they would hold up outside.

Ha! I went to the 2022 USGA women’s amateur golf tournament Thursday (damn, they are good!), and they were selling poker chips in the club house for ball markers. I thought that was odd. Seemed like it is pretty big for a ball marker.
Maybe there is value in those Paulson ashtray sized chips…that is a lot of real estate to optimize your ball position

Ha! I went to the 2022 USGA women’s amateur golf tournament Thursday (damn, they are good!), and they were selling poker chips in the club house for ball markers. I thought that was odd. Seemed like it is pretty big for a ball marker.

Professional (or the best amateurs) playing golf is something everybody should see once in their life if you've ever played the game or even just tried to hit a ball once. It's astounding the sound the ball makes coming off drivers and how consistent they are with irons and putting. I agree, "damn they are good".

I know they are dice chips, but I still get a chip from each new course I go to and they'll live in a display case one day with all the others. Almost every course has those chips with their logo on it and I agree they are the absolute worst thing you could ever use to actually mark a ball.

I guess things have definitely changed if people are using poker chips as ball markers. I used to play a LOT years ago, and there were only two kinds of markers...the little button on your glove, or a small plastic disk with a post in it:
ball marker.jpg

The idea was that if you didn't mark your ball sufficiently out of another players' line, if needed, the ball could roll over the marker without affecting the putt. That was the idea anyway.

If you're using a poker chip, you may as well mark your ball with another ball. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I guess things have definitely changed if people are using poker chips as ball markers. I used to play a LOT years ago, and there were only two kinds of markers...the little button on your glove, or a small plastic disk with a post in it:
View attachment 967226

The idea was that if you didn't mark your ball sufficiently out of another players' line, if needed, the ball could roll over the marker without affecting the putt. That was the idea anyway.

If you're using a poker chip, you may as well mark your ball with another ball. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I always move my marker if it’s anywhere close to somebody else’s line, but I still have never used one of these as a marker. :LOL: :laugh: Agree, it would feel awkward to mark with anything much larger than a quarter.

Grabbing a stack of these for this quick pic it’s insane how “tingy” they are. They sound like they are just a giant flat washer coated in plastic. Dice chips are WAY better than these.

Attachments

• 3DF03756-7F21-4A95-A094-5D254BD4593B.jpeg
    3DF03756-7F21-4A95-A094-5D254BD4593B.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 54
I always move my marker if it’s anywhere close to somebody else’s line, but I still have never used one of these as a marker. :LOL: :laugh: Agree, it would feel awkward to mark with anything much larger than a quarter.

Grabbing a stack of these for this quick pic it’s insane how “tingy” they are. They sound like they are just a giant flat washer coated in plastic. Dice chips are WAY better than these.
That’s a great collection!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom