WARNEKE Paulson Style Chip Box GROUP BUY - Round 2 - 2019 Delivery (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like one of those GBs where people are going to miss hearing about it and wish they had. Might be worth creating a new thread so that people who are watching this sub get a notification.

Good idea.

@Tommy are you OK with this? ^^^^

Just want to check before I make a double post.

No reason to double post (or cross post) and it's against the site guidelines anyway. New posts show at the top of the list like any other new post/thread.

reason: Users shall not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple threads or forums.

Don't be sad @navels . I'm in this GB too and want (need actually) more chip boxes. It may not seem like a big deal at this point in time but we don't want to start a trend where others think it's OK and it happens again and again.

After this thread got revived, it looks like we are just 4 orders away from getting it done. We just need a little patience that's all. People will see it. We can talk about DP and CP all day/week to keep it at the top of the new posts list. ;)

Don't be sad @navels . I'm in this GB too and want (need actually) more chip boxes. It may not seem like a big deal at this point in time but we don't want to start a trend where others think it's OK and it happens again and again.

After this thread got revived, it looks like we are just 4 orders away from getting it done. We just need a little patience that's all. People will see it. We can talk about DP and CP all day/week to keep it at the top of the new posts list. ;)
Nothing more annoying than seeing a WTS in the classifieds that you know is a copy of one just posted 2 weeks prior and never bumped.

At the same time I do get @navels point specifically on this thread because of how inefficient reshipping these is as shipping costs can easily be higher than the actual cost of the boxes being shipped.

I get both sides though and I get why not allowing it at all trumps letting it slide for this thread (slippery slope theory).

2019 pricing arrived, and it's right about where I thought it would be: $0.802 per box if we hit 5,000...

1568837132212.png

Base cost, BEFORE SHIPPING, will be $160.40 for 200 boxes. I don't see a note about taxes, so I don't know if that's included in this quote or if it will be added on later. For now I am assuming tax is INCLUDED in the quote.

At $160.40 per box of 200, and then $25-$40 for UPS ground, most CONUS folks will be in the $185-$200 total range for one box of 200x.

I'll start collecting the $160.40 once we get two more orders.

I know this doesn't help but I may be in for 200 depending on the final cost. I'd just need to see some official numbers before I commit 100%. If that's an issue then obviously just exclude me.

I know this doesn't help but I may be in for 200 depending on the final cost. I'd just need to see some official numbers before I commit 100%. If that's an issue then obviously just exclude me.

Accurate quote was added in post #72 above.

Cost of boxes is $160.40, and I have confirmed that does not include sales tax. We will start collecting funds as soon as we get two more orders.

If @Tommy is able to finalize the order from DE with local pickup, the only added cost would be shipping and materials. UPS ground cost depends on distance from me (Denver), but based on the last go round, you'd be looking at $25-$40 to ship, which is right at the $200 price noted in the OP. For IL you might be closer to $30ish which would put you at around $190 all in.

Last edited:
Accurate quote was added in post #72 above.

Cost of boxes is $160.40, and I have confirmed that does not include sales tax. We will start collecting funds as soon as we get two more orders.

If @Tommy is able to finalize the order from DE with local pickup, the only added cost would be shipping and materials. UPS ground cost depends on distance from me (Denver), but based on the last go round, you'd be looking at $25-$40 to ship, which is right at the $200 price noted in the OP. For IL you might be closer to $30ish which would put you at around $190 all in.
Yeah why not then. I don't need near 200 but I'm sure I can find some takers for some of the extras I don't need.

Yeah why not then. I don't need near 200 but I'm sure I can find some takers for some of the extras I don't need.

There is usually a constant demand for these boxes in the Classifieds. I don't think it would be too hard to unload a few once you get them.

Just keep in mind... local sale is best. Repacking these things completely blows (due to their size/shape), as they do not fit in any standard USPS boxes or large envelopes.

What's the dims? Just L x W for one flat.

There is usually a constant demand for these boxes in the Classifieds. I don't think it would be too hard to unload a few once you get them.

Just keep in mind... local sale is best. Repacking these things completely blows (due to their size/shape), as they do not fit in any standard USPS boxes or large envelopes.
I believe that they fit in the 14″ x 12″ x 3 1⁄2″ version of the MFRB. I think that I had some shipped to me that way.

Depending on weight and destination, these non-flat rate Priority boxes could be an option too.

View attachment 340820

I bought 200 in the original buy and have sold off about half. This is the box I used to ship them and it worked great for me.

The most I shipped at once was 30 but would guess you could get up to 50 in one box.

What's the dims? Just L x W for one flat.

I think longest dimension is the insert/divider at 15.5", but you can probably angle them in those flat boxes.

I think the lid and base are around 14.5-15" flat. So they should just squeak by.

I bought 200 in the original buy and have sold off about half. This is the box I used to ship them and it worked great for me.

The most I shipped at once was 30 but would guess you could get up to 50 in one box.

Good to know! :tup:

UPDATE: We'll need to add CO sales tax to the totals. Sorry everyone, it just ended up being too much of a hassle to get @Tommy to run the buy from DE. Total taxes will be about 8%, or about $12 on top of the $160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom